What are you playing right now?

Gorth

Time to try Anthem since there's a 10 hour trial with Origin Access anyway. Just started the download, 30 minutes remaining. Apparently playable at 43% - so I'm guess I can try in 12 to 13 minutes if things stay the way they are. :)

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Hope it doesn't suck as much people say it does.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Hope it doesn't suck as much people say it does.

I'm not sure yet. EA let's you play the game when it's downloaded 43% but that really just unlocks the tutorial mission with terrible performance issues. Played like 20 minutes and then the game went: Plx download fully for this content, kek, kthxbye.

For what it's worth, it plays like Mass Effect: Andromeda with a full flight option that feeks as responsive as a hundred year old after too much weed. I'll fiddle with the mouse sensitivity some more but so far I'm just glad I didn't pay for the game. I mean, subscription costs aside.

• Like 1

Yup. I guess I'll wait for a sale. What was there was very unique and enjoyable but since the game forces you to buy the season pass through some ingame currency you have to buy seperately...

Do they have to make it so mind-bending?!

Sony doesn't let me change the region of my account, that way I have to use seperate accouts for buying dlc which doesn't work with Battleborn. I guess I have to buy the whole thing again on Steam/Xbox Store.

Goddammit! :/

Steam has one big advantage.

You might be able to grab me for co-op :p

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Toukiden 2.

After The Talos Principle Toukiden feels dumb, though it might be a cultural thing. It doesn't support mouse, but, unlike MHW, there are NPC companions and I can jump onto monsters from the ground. The performance is solid - no FPS drops, the controls are customizable. I bound target lock/camera reset to Space and it's fairly comfortable to play.

Reached the 4th chapter and regretting that the game is linear, otherwise I would have sit out the conflict in previous chapter and looted the bodies afterwards.

75% in Trophies for Horizon Zero Dawn. I'm being surprised with how well the story is written.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Time to try Anthem since there's a 10 hour trial with Origin Access anyway. Just started the download, 30 minutes remaining. Apparently playable at 43% - so I'm guess I can try in 12 to 13 minutes if things stay the way they are. :)

Curious what you think of it.

I'm more curious about how close it is to Bio's previous games.  Is it anywhere close to Mass Effect (warts and all), or have they gone a complete departure and it's as people assumed as a "Destiny clone"?

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Curious what you think of it.

I'm more curious about how close it is to Bio's previous games.  Is it anywhere close to Mass Effect (warts and all), or have they gone a complete departure and it's as people assumed as a "Destiny clone"?

It looks and plays a lot like Mass Effect: Andromeda without cover mechanics. I'm just two missions in, tried to do the third then it disconnected me. Loading screens are long so I quit for today. On the bright side completing the download made the game much more responsive and after a while even the flying becomes fun.

I haven't played Destiny (2) beyond the tutorial so I can't reliably answer that question, but I expect the story missions to be somewhat similar in structure and the endgame's probably going to be a Mass Effect multiplayer style grind judging solely by the menues and unlockables.

It looks and plays a lot like Mass Effect: Andromeda without cover mechanics. I'm just two missions in, tried to do the third then it disconnected me. Loading screens are long so I quit for today. On the bright side completing the download made the game much more responsive and after a while even the flying becomes fun.

I haven't played Destiny (2) beyond the tutorial so I can't reliably answer that question, but I expect the story missions to be somewhat similar in structure and the endgame's probably going to be a Mass Effect multiplayer style grind judging solely by the menues and unlockables.

I don't know about Destiny, but it never felt like a grind to me in ME3MP. I just played casually, and unlocked things along the way. Everything felt distinct and was fun enough that I didn't need to have level X weapons to start enjoying the game.

They did manage to screw that up in Andromeda, though, so I wouldn't be surprised if the endgame is indeed a grind. Especially considering their need to keep players busy until the next content pack, because everything is now a "service".

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Steam has one big advantage.

You might be able to grab me for co-op :p

Well, it has one big disadvantage as well: the 'full game upgrade' doesn't unlock the season pass and what's even more weird is that I can't seem to find the season pass anywhere. :/ Edited by Katphood

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

- The Stalker has found me in Warame. And I died. ... Damn. The bastard caught me in the middle of a defense mission, like wave 8 or some such so it spawned pretty powerful enemies - and in the midst of them was running a shadowy being that messed me up. Anyway, surprising and rather cool.

- Crafting the first Archwing! Apparently I still need the launcher to be able to use it in Plains of Eidolon, but the archwing missions will unlock!

- I've done the first few missions on Mars, which is rather neat

- ... And I've got a full new set of gear ready for use, so now I'm just trying to get the final bits of Rhino frame to be able to re-play some low-level content with brand new unranked gear

However, aside from these things, the monetization's starting to kick in - in the form of weapon and warframe slots. By crafting Rhino, my single free Warframe slot will be gone and by clicking away a message during crafting, I've spent like 12 platinum on 2 weapon slots, so bleh. I've also accidentally pressed a button when messing around with mods on some screen on other, so I'm now stuck with 8 platinum out of the starting 50 - and there doesn't seem to be any other way of unlocking more slots than via platinum! (Yeah I know I can get it on player market if I grind the right items, but screw that - I suppose I'll drop some money on the game sooner or later anyway, considering how much fun it is)

Watched some streamers play Anthem today. Some of the graphics are fantastic and the chr. face animations are actually a fair bit above what I usually see in games, but overall gameplay looked ... boring. Not bad, exactly, just boring. And there's an early quest where there were a lot of ... energy circles? high in the air that the player kept flying into/through (reason I don't know, wasn't paying close attention), which for some reason called to mind Superman64 and those green rings. I'm not saying it looked or played anything like Sup64, mind, just ... well, I laughed.

Also watched someone playing the Resident Evil HD remaster, which was much more engaging.

DQ:Builders freeplay continues to be very fun in that casual fashion. I keep getting new town npc's tho, I wasn't expecting that in freeplay. Haven't taken them into combat yet but they make good foundy and kitchen slaves. Get to work and make me more mushrooms on a stick, stone windows and bathtubs! :p

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

If you want some insights and opinions on lot of stuff in Anthem, here is IMHO pretty solid review of it.

also YongYea's News on the current state of the game.

looks like even "game journalists" are not very keen to write good reviews about the game (Metacritic on 61) User even lower

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Anthem looked boring from the start. All I ever saw where interconnected jungles with insects in them, and a bunch of Mechs shooting at them.

BioWare are still working on a Dragon Age game I believe, let's see if it will ever see the light of day at all...

Yes, but DA4 was “refocused” few months ago, to be more in line with Live Service vision of EA. I expect Anthem with swords...

• Like 2

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Yes, but DA4 was “refocused” few months ago, to be more in line with Live Service vision of EA. I expect Anthem with swords...

Ewww.

And here I was, thinking Mass Effect: Andromeda was a bad game...

When I am not playing games on my PC, I am playing God of War III Remastered and Grand Kingdom on PS4. I've played the PS2 GoWs, the PSP GoWs and Ascension. GoW III just continues the formula and I am having a blast. Ripping things to shreds shouldn't be this fun. I thought that I might as well play this one if I ever decide to play the newest game in the series.

How did you like Ascension? That and the newest GoW are the only ones I haven't played.

Sorry for the late response! Ascension was fun. I read that a lot of people did not like the combat, but I actually thought it was fun. You can pick up dropped enemy weapons, and your blades can be imbued with different elements. Story takes place when Kratos was still a Spartan.

• Like 1

Trying the RRT3 Germany scenario again, got silver. Must get gold to complete the game

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

EA is the worst thing to happen to BioWare.  First ME:A, and now Anthem, seems to be suffering from EA's meddling into what type of features have to be included.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I haven't played it, so this is hearsay, but the comparison I keep hearing about Anthem is that it's like Destiny 1 at launch, before all the improvements they made to that game over time.

It's a bit ironic that Apex Legends is a game that EA was very hands off, didn't advertise almost at all, and just sort of quietly shoved out the door and it's a smashing success that is almost universally praised. Anthem is a game that EA was very involved in, was hyped and advertised tremendously, had a big demo and staggered launch campaign and the reception has been *wet fart noise*.

It's almost as if EA is the problem.

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

So many videos right now on Youtube saying Apex Legends saved EA, and the opposote. What do you guys think?

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...