What are you playing right now?

Gorth

Just Finished Act II of Tales of Vesperia. The story had few interesting typical JRPG twists, but so far it is solid with no WTF moments :) Just with higher levels, the fights get slower for me, because I am kind of lazy to spent to much time with setting up “proper” skills. In the end, the game is little bit more challenging that way, so it’s OK for me :)

Fun game, but the characters are mostly.. UGH. Hard to say much without spoilers, but these are some of the most idiotic characters I've seen in a jRPG game so far. I wish I had the option to drown Estelle. I ****ing would. Not all of them are like that, of course: Yuri has some very interesting moments, Repede is best boi and Raven seems like someone I could go get drinks with. Everyone else, burn in hellfire pls.

Behold! The work of nightmares. They laughed. Sneered. Called me mad. So what if a hundred souls died in pursuit of having the ultimate power at my command? Let's see them laugh now, when The Wrath of the Heavens burns them away. Mwahahahahahah!

Or, in other words, I've been playing a good deal of Sunless Skies. Managed to craft what seems to be the ultimate destructive force in the game. Fashioned from nightmares. Literally. Ah, the joy of Failbetter Games. :p

• Like 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Rogue Trooper Redux.

Not bad by any means but I think it's safe to say that the game hasn't aged well. The upgraded visuals look nice but the shooting reminds me of the PS2 era games and the story hasn't been anything gripping so far.

My 2 cents: avoid, unless you are a hardcore fan of the comic books.

Edited by Katphood
  • Like 1

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Well, after another few/several hours (some of that was me just farting around) playing DQ:Builders this weekend, I've reached Chapt 1: Part4. Looking at the cheatsheet, seems I have a few quests then 3 rounds of combat/castle defense and a final boss fight.

I might get to finally freeplay this evening if I push myself to finish. Maybe. :disguise:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Everytime I try to connect to Xbox Live it tells me that 'Xbox live isn't supported in your region'.

Things quickly change once you enter the right dns servers in the Network Settings.

The war on terrorism knows no bounds I guess. :lol:

Edited by Katphood

Rogue Trooper Redux.

Not bad by any means but I think it's safe to say that the game hasn't aged well. The upgraded visuals look nice but the shooting reminds me of the PS2 era games and the story hasn't been anything gripping so far.

My 2 cents: avoid, unless you are a hardcore fan of the comic books.

I almost picked it up but my experience with the Outcast remaster made me change my mind.

I would also recommend avoiding Outcast: Second Contact unless it's like your favorite game in the world... for the same reasons.

• Like 1

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Finished Wildlands, the end game is pointless it seems so called it done and dusted, well worth the $0 I paid for it.   Been grinding in D3, this season the RRoG is default enabled so that's fun - am rolling with 4 pc UE & 5 Nats with my DH which is pretty fun. Got up for GR77 or so, but still hoping for a Primal.   D3 is too much like life, tremendous effort needed to merely have a chance for things to improve :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

After 80 something hours, taking a break from AC Odyseey. 50% in the trophies, I'm confident that most of the remaining achievements are from the main quests/episodes and side-quests things.

I will be working on Horizon Zero Dawn, which is also currently in 50% trophies. Hoping to 100% that and then retuwn to AC: Odyseey to finish it up, unless I get bored of Horizon.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

I decided to give Battleborn another chance and boy am I suddenly in love with this game.

It is a very unique game. But sadly, not all characters are fun to use when you are playing solo. Oscar Mike seems to be the best choice for solo playthroughs so far.

On a totally different note: I managed to find a dns server that allows me to connect to Xbox Live again! So both Microsoft and the sanctions can suck it, nothing can stop from playing/buying games legally! :p

Edited by Katphood

Oscar Mike wasn't for me.

Alani was at least for a long time considered easy mode.

I also played Ambra and Mellka a lot.

Shayne and Aurox are the most fun dialogue wise.

I enjoy Orendi for the sheer destructive power, but solo someone who can heal (Alani) has their advantages.

For the mission pack obviously you should try to play them through once with each of the story characters.

I got bored after the Oscar Mike story pack. It already had juvenile writing, and the Montana one after that felt rushed.

The Attikus story pack was the best. The Toby one was still fun.

If only they had made the game single player / co-op instead of a team arena thing.

Edited by melkathi

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

I'm the worst "daughter" ever.  I'm supposed to be tracking down my mom in AC: Odyssey, but I get distracted like a kitten with a ball of string whenever I see a "?" or a "!" on a map and end up clearing entire zones before realizing I was supposed to travel somewhere else to find dear old mom.

• Like 3

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Oscar Mike wasn't for me.

Alani was at least for a long time considered easy mode.

I also played Ambra and Mellka a lot.

Shayne and Aurox are the most fun dialogue wise.

I enjoy Orendi for the sheer destructive power, but solo someone who can heal (Alani) has their advantages.

For the mission pack obviously you should try to play them through once with each of the story characters.

I got bored after the Oscar Mike story pack. It already had juvenile writing, and the Montana one after that felt rushed.

The Attikus story pack was the best. The Toby one was still fun.

If only they had made the game single player / co-op instead of a team arena thing.

Hmmm, am I missing something?!

I did not notice any special story related dialogues from Oscar Mike, just his usual lines...and yeah, I thought the entire game was 'juvenile'. Not bothered by that at all.

Finished this little walking simulator game called 'Virginia'.

Total garbage, avoid.

The Stanley Parable, Firewatch and Proteus are the only walking simulators I have enjoyed so far. Other games such as Dear Esther or Everybody has gone to Rapture just make me scratch my head.

Yesterday, I was deciding between picking up either Dark Messiah of Might and Magic or Kingdoms of Amalur, since I heard both games had good archery. I decided on the latter because while the former game apparently had the better combat (plus being able to just kick things is a legit well thought out mechanic that I'm surprised isn't a standard in all first person RPGs by now), there was no guarantee it'd even run properly on my computer today.

Amalur actually controls pretty well, although I haven't gotten too far into it yet. I'm going for a Shadowcaster build.

• Like 1

Fought a cyclops today.  Not sure if it was meant to be a difficult fight or what, but that was so easy.  Literally shot him full of arrows while dodging his ponderous attempts at strikes.  The only tough part was dodging falling rocks, but even that wasn't too difficult.

I have more trouble in combat against shield-bearing enemies than I did that cyclops.

• Like 1

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Shield baring enemies are annoying in AC Odyseey lol

I hunted RedMaw in Horizon yesterday but felt more like he hunted me. I must've died 20 times but that's what I get for playing on Ultra hard and having a mediocre Bow.

The guys with shields aren't too bad if it's a 1 on 1 fight, but they become such a menace when you're having to fight multiple enemies at once.

Especially because I find the "lock on enemy" function wonky.  Every time I try to dodge away from one target, the lock will switch over to another even if I didn't want to switch.

DQ:Builders, finished chapt 1 and got into freeplay. The map is huge and I like how they separated things - no monsters on your main building island but teleport to other islands that have enemies (since you need them to drop crafting stuff) and other resources. There's also chests and secrets scattered around for other bonuses.

But I did look at Chapt. 2 - the quest/story mode is very simplistic but they do design the islands pretty well so that makes them interesting to wander around/build in. Camera still sucks tho. I have no idea how one is supposed to finish them in 20 game days or less, for the speedplay challenge. Even if my chr. never sleeps, I can't picture less than 50-60 days. I'm just too slow. :biggrin:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I did not notice any special story related dialogues from Oscar Mike, just his usual lines...and yeah, I thought the entire game was 'juvenile'. Not bothered by that at all.

Possibly you are missing something.

Other than the main story, there were the DLC stories, centered around a specific character, with a few more making guest appearances. So Oscar Mike has a DLC where he goes back to Mike training school. If you play the DLCs with the right characters they unlock bonus skins, but they also have some more story dialogue during that mission.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Plodding along in Yoga Fire with my Mage Slayer. Right now I have Xoti, Eder, Maia, and Tekahu in my party but I'm not sure yet if that will be my A Team going forward. I'm considering swapping Pallegina in for Eder. I'm enjoying the combat a lot more than Pillars 1, no doubt because of turn-based mode (it's the reason I bought the game). Sailing around on the seas is great, even if the ship combat isn't the greatest.

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Possibly you are missing something.

Other than the main story, there were the DLC stories, centered around a specific character, with a few more making guest appearances. So Oscar Mike has a DLC where he goes back to Mike training school. If you play the DLCs with the right characters they unlock bonus skins, but they also have some more story dialogue during that mission.

They appear to be...locked.

Edit: yup, I need the season pass for that to unlock.

Good to know that the best part of the game is locked behind a paywall. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted but at this point I am just going to uninstall it and make some room for the Bordelands Handsome Collection on the PS4.

Edited by Katphood

Yup. I guess I'll wait for a sale. What was there was very unique and enjoyable but since the game forces you to buy the season pass through some ingame currency you have to buy seperately...

Do they have to make it so mind-bending?!

Sony doesn't let me change the region of my account, that way I have to use seperate accouts for buying dlc which doesn't work with Battleborn. I guess I have to buy the whole thing again on Steam/Xbox Store.

Goddammit! :/