What are you playing right now?

Gorth

I should jump back into Warframe myself sometime. My favorite gun in the game was the Drakgoon shotgun. That bad boy did ABSURD amounts of damage at short to medium range and was even somewhat effective at long range. I miss going on ridiculous murder sprees with that shotty.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

So, I just figured you can find lootboxes of sort in Warframe.

There's a special mission type with a mixed composition of enemies from a bunch of different factions that you need to complete to open them.

The act of opening itself is achieved by a whole lot of unmitigated murder. Y'know, you can be other free-2-play dev and make sure that your lootboxes are locked by a key which you'll be only ever able to get using real money or extremely rare currency, or you can be Digital Extremes and tell player to go and murder fun and, up to that point, unseen enemy compositions in absurd numbers to unlock it.

Incidentally, I started a quest to get a big cat of sorts, because big cats of sorts can, I assume, help with murder.

Edit: Oh right I also crafted dual swords which somehow feel a lot more satisfying to use than their single version, so that's a thing I'm doing. I also found Mr. Shotty replacement, believe it or not - and it's a high-precision rifle of all things. Murder over vast distance is as much fun as murder in close-quarters, so yay!

Hmm, are you referring to Riven mods? That's basically the only lootbox-like thing I can think off and they're honestly closer to RNG Diablo 3 gear when the marketplace was still a thing, except that you can totally ignore their existence in Warframe and do all content more than fine.

There was a lot of controversy (that DE ignored entirely) about the introduction of these things, many veterans absolutely refuse to touch them and even many of the major Warframe Partners ignore their existence when creating builds for weapons (eg. Brozime).

I should jump back into Warframe myself sometime. My favorite gun in the game was the Drakgoon shotgun. That bad boy did ABSURD amounts of damage at short to medium range and was even somewhat effective at long range. I miss going on ridiculous murder sprees with that shotty.

I'm a big fan of the Hek, myself. Fun fact: the Hek is one of the oldest weapons in the game and when DE tried to modernize it by updating its fire sound (back in 2015, apparently, ouch) there was quite the riot in the Warframe community, thankfully they saw the light and changed it back to its current sound.

Come to the Church of Hek, we have guns with lotsa oomph:

music to my ears:

EDIT: linking the correct things is hard, apparently ;)

Edited by marelooke

Still struggling through Resident Evil 5. It's a little more tolerable if I take the classic Resident Evil strategy of just ignoring all the enemies and running past them. Even though the game clearly doesn't seem to like that or account for it.

I literally cleared an entire room by running through it, hitting a checkpoint at the halfway, then restarting the checkpoint. Like a dozen guys up and vanished.

But then I was locked in the room as a bullet sponge with a gatling gun appeared. This game is just horrible. I spent 50 sniper rounds on headshots on this guy. Ran in circles around the room for 5 minutes straight. One time I ran completely out of ammo and the area only has two of the weakest type of grenade and two mines that didn't seem to do anything.

At least the spider boss I fought earlier was kind of nice. Shoot the weakpoint, use a grenade to expose another weakpoint. It sends out little dudes to attack you, they drop ammo so you can keep going.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Finished Wildlands.  Ending was sort of neat, though to be honest wish they had done more with the DEA agent being a terrorist.  Still going to muck about in the Tier One mode with my friend, until he gets sucked into Anthem at least.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

My love of the Drakgoon shotgun goes beyond just Warframe. For all intents and purposes, the Drakgoon is the Flak Cannon from Unreal, right down to the shrapnel ricocheting off walls. It is my favorite weapon in that series as well.

I did enjoy the Hek also. My biggest issue with the weapon is the combination of small clip size (4 I think) and long reload time. The damage output is amazing, though.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Continuing my journey in AC Odyseey...

I noticed that nobody cares when I kill a rooster but some people will attack me if I kill a dog. Prejudice much?

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

I'm scared to explore all the regions that haven't had "main story quest" missions on them yet in fear that I stumble across something I shouldn't see until a specific point in the story.  There's a lot of regions I'd like to go to now because Cultists are hanging out there.

• Like 1

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I'm scared to explore all the regions that haven't had "main story quest" missions on them yet in fear that I stumble across something I shouldn't see until a specific point in the story. There's a lot of regions I'd like to go to now because Cultists are hanging out there.

It's really up to you, I noticed that I went places and looted some quest items way ahead of time. When I got to that point of the story, Kassandra was just like "Oh I already took care of that" or "Piece of cake. I already got those for you" in the dialogue. Very cool.

Other than that I have some lvl 49 gear just sitting in my inventory, I'm now lvl 42. I just want to be level 50 for finishing a few things up. I'm almost done with the cultists.

• Like 1

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

I'm like level 53 and have only killed half the cultists. I've roamed freestyle, and I am a sucker for stumbling on side quests and finishing those. Plenty of them are good and some are excellent. I play this game pretty much as a I played Skyrim, doing what I feel like and avoiding the main quest. Well, at least I have levelled up that spear to lvl 5 out of 6.

Edited by IndiraLightfoot
  • Like 2

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

When I'm wrong, I will admit that I'm wrong, and I will admit that I was wrong about Apex Legends and the state of the battle royale landscape. I can't say 100% that AL will have staying power, but I got to play the game a little bit and it's legitimately good. I don't think it can unseat Fortnite, but I can definitely see it permanently taking over the #2 spot. AL has enough going for it to differentiate it from other games in the genre and IMHO it's just flat out better than PUBG. 

It's still not really my type of game, but if I were to continue playing a battle royale on the regular, it would definitely be Apex Legends. Respawn did a good.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I'm like level 53 and have only killed half the cultists. I've roamed freestyle, and I am a sucker for stumbling on side quests and finishing those. Plenty of them are good and some are excellent. I place this game pretty much as a I played Skyrim, doing what I feel like and avoiding the main quest. Well, at least I have levelled up that spear to lvl 5 out of 6.

Yep! I can see that as well, I don't think I'm very far in the main quest though, and I've only done one conquest battle thing (fought for Athens againat Sparta). While I'm getting alot of the side stuff done, I feel like I'm way behind in the actual story.

Also, that minotaur side quest was absolutely hilarious!

• Like 1

That was rather weird in AC: Odyssey.

I came across a cultist, who also happened to be the nation's leader, and who also happened to be the "bounty of the day".  Weirdly, when Icarus flew over him, it didn't register him as a cultist, just the nation leader and bounty I was looking for.  But when I killed him, it revealed him as a cultist.

• Like 1

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Metro: Exodus. And having just wrapped up the Volga level, it's... really, really, really good. Probably the most narratively tight story FPS I've played in years (For instance, why do religious nuts call electricity evil? Well, humans being pattern-seeking mammals, what do they make of scary, unexplained balls of electricity floating about and randomly zapping everything in their paths? "Demons," of course).

The Volga free-roam map certainly isn't quite as expansive as many "Zones" in STALKER, but it's close enough that it scratches that itch for me. Perhaps the only two things that bug me thus far are some navigation bugs when it comes to clambering over stuff and a few typos in the text.

Edited by Agiel
  • Like 1
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

^ Think I know who you're talking about. There was supposed to be a whole questline about taking him out.

It just felt anti-climactic because I didn't know he was a cultist and it didn't indicate he was.  It was just another ho-hum bounty target until literally the second I killed him and the message about the cultist being defeated popped up.

HOLY ****ING HELL! I've been replaying Kingdom Come Deliverance and just realized something. When you're sharpening your weapons you can see the nicks on the blade disappear.

• Like 4
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

When I am not playing games on my PC, I am playing God of War III Remastered and Grand Kingdom on PS4. I've played the PS2 GoWs, the PSP GoWs and Ascension. GoW III just continues the formula and I am having a blast. Ripping things to shreds shouldn't be this fun. I thought that I might as well play this one if I ever decide to play the newest game in the series.

• Like 1

I swear that Resident Evil 5 was inflating boss health based off ammo. I was about to have to knife Wesker to death in that last fight. I'm glad to be done with it. The Jill/Chris DLC was interesting. The Jill/Josh one was too, though that one focused more on the semi-enjoyable bits of Resi 5.

I've started up Resident Evil 6 now, just to get the bad games out of the way. It's not intolerable. The health system is screwed. What's the point of having 6 health pips and regenerating if you don't take a full point of damage if everything does 2-3 damage from looking at you funny? And then you have to restore health one point at a time. It's tedious. Kind of at the point where dying at a checkpoint to get full health back is a preferred strategy.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

When I am not playing games on my PC, I am playing God of War III Remastered and Grand Kingdom on PS4. I've played the PS2 GoWs, the PSP GoWs and Ascension. GoW III just continues the formula and I am having a blast. Ripping things to shreds shouldn't be this fun. I thought that I might as well play this one if I ever decide to play the newest game in the series.

How did you like Ascension? That and the newest GoW are the only ones I haven't played.

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Just Finished Act II of Tales of Vesperia. The story had few interesting typical JRPG twists, but so far it is solid with no WTF moments :) Just with higher levels, the fights get slower for me, because I am kind of lazy to spent to much time with setting up “proper” skills. In the end, the game is little bit more challenging that way, so it’s OK for me :)

• Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours