What are you playing right now?

Gorth

I just bought Resident Evil VII, so I'm kind of committed to this RE marathon.

Just curious, did you manage to get through Resi 1?

I skipped ahead, but plan to go back.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I played Resident Evil 1 back on PSOne and the REmake on Gamecube. The only ones I haven't played yet are the ones after 5 (including 5's DLCs).

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

5 was really boring. Never played 6 or 7.

6 is more entertaining than 5, but in a holy **** I can't stop laughing at how utterly terrible this game is way. 7 is the TRIUMPHANT return to the series' survival horror roots. I'm still amazed Capcom put out a game as great as Resi 7 after how mediocre 5 was and how much of a disaster 6 was. I thought 6 was the final nail in the coffin.

• Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

6 is more entertaining than 5, but in a holy **** I can't stop laughing at how utterly terrible this game is way.

Luckily, I have a video handy to explain!

• Like 1

I don't know if it was intentional, but there are so many regions in RDR2 that don't seem to have any actual (game) purpose.  Finished the main story and epilogue and so I went traveling and found a couple of towns way down south.  But other than a bounty poster, there's nothing to actually do there.

DLC?

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I don't know if it was intentional, but there are so many regions in RDR2 that don't seem to have any actual (game) purpose. Finished the main story and epilogue and so I went traveling and found a couple of towns way down south. But other than a bounty poster, there's nothing to actually do there.

DLC?

Some quests are only unlocked through other quests in the main campaign, before the epilogue. If you don't 100% the game, you're likely missing some of quests, maybe that could be where those towns come into play.

For example, I got an ultra rare trophy for the robot Frankenstein. I don't think many players even realize there's a ghost train, zombies and what not. Searching the map in the main campaign vs the epilogue is a bit different and they made it so because the time difference in games.

Also, some places are just there as reference to RDR1, to give players a pointless douse of nostalgia I guess.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

6 is more entertaining than 5, but in a holy **** I can't stop laughing at how utterly terrible this game is way.

Speaking of which, I still need to play Revelations 2. I thoroughly enjoyed the first Revelations. Before Resi 7 came out, Revelations was the last bastion of hope for fans of the series' survival horror roots. It was a case of a spinoff becoming more like the main series than latter games in said main series, sort of how Bravely Default is more Final Fantasy than Final Fantasy is these days, if that makes any sense.

[tangent] As an aside, I've grown to appreciate the setup Squeenix has with their big jRPGs. Squeenix has 2 big, famous, long running RPG series: Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest. The former they have reinvented again and again and again and again, for better or worse. The latter, while there have been some refinements, has been largely unchanged over the decades. For the people that want a more action oriented, western style RPG, Final Fantasy has been going in that direction. For grognards, like myself, that just want their beloved jRPG series left the hell alone, we still have Dragon Quest:thumbsup: [/tangent]

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Speaking of which, I still need to play Revelations 2. I thoroughly enjoyed the first Revelations. Before Resi 7 came out, Revelations was the last bastion of hope for fans of the series' survival horror roots. It was a case of a spinoff becoming more like the main series than latter games in said main series, sort of how Bravely Default is more Final Fantasy than Final Fantasy is these days, if that makes any sense.

[tangent] As an aside, I've grown to appreciate the setup Squeenix has with their big jRPGs. Squeenix has 2 big, famous, long running RPG series: Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest. The former they have reinvented again and again and again and again, for better or worse. The latter, while there have been some refinements, has been largely unchanged over the decades. For the people that want a more action oriented, western style RPG, Final Fantasy has been going in that direction. For grognards, like myself, that just want their beloved jRPG series left the hell alone, we still have Dragon Quest:thumbsup: [/tangent]

Revelations 2 was definitely a good game and they did fix some of the issues with the original Revelations (at least I don't recall the boss battles being quite as obnoxious in Revelations 2). Unfortunately the setting didn't really work as well for me, maybe it reminded me too much of the Tomb Raider reboot (that I played around the same time)? Then again, that cruise ship was just awesome and, I imagine, hard to top.

I've never been able to get into the "newer" RE games (I think I tried 4 and 6, didn't get very far in either). Come to think of it I think I have RE0 and RE1 in my library, hmm, time to get to those maybe.

I don't know if it was intentional, but there are so many regions in RDR2 that don't seem to have any actual (game) purpose.  Finished the main story and epilogue and so I went traveling and found a couple of towns way down south.  But other than a bounty poster, there's nothing to actually do there.

DLC?

If you mean New Austin, it's mostly for online mode. Though, to be honest, even there it's rather empty as of now.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

More AC Odyseey...

I'm nearing 48 hours now, level 31. I dawn a venomous legacy outfit called the Scaled Hide and a electric lime green Bow which turns all basic arrows into poison arrows. I've maxed out my ability for poison so I got a trophy for that, I've covered all the map so I got a tropht for that as well.

I've managed to retrieve the Cyclop's anus from the goat's eye which was an accident and yet got an ultra rare trophy for that as well XD

Cassandra is an interesting character, she's very masculine most of the time which makes sense but is also weird. It's refreshing because she isn't oversexualized but also is missing that sexualization. Not that a female character HAS to be sexualized at all but wouldn't she? I mean, if you're going to put bisexual romamces and orgies in your game lol

I'm not getting bored with the game though, it's one of those games in which I pick up after everyone goes to sleep and I don't stop playing til my eyes hurt. I expect to 100% it at about 100 hours or less at the rate I'm going.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

DLC?

If you mean New Austin, it's mostly for online mode. Though, to be honest, even there it's rather empty as of now.

Tumbleweed and Armadillo, mainly.  Two towns that seem to have zero to do with the main game, yet they're there on the map despite not playing a role.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Revelations 2 is a somewhat different experience than 1 and there's one or two areas like the desert mining? town with the extended crate puzzle that borders on outright bad, but overall it's a fine game I think.

Oh god, Watframe got me. I remembered it's out for a Switch so I'm now Warframing in the bed, Warframing on the couch, Warframing when someone's calling me. The first thing I did when I launched the game on my Switch was to drop all graphical settings down to minimum and the game still looks way better than it has any right to - no doubt by large part due to the small screen in handheld mode. It also runs completely smoothly now (30 FPS, but I've never been one to particularly fuss about that in particular.) I swear to god, if Switch becomes my Warframe machine I'm going to hate you a-holes who keep mentioning it on the boards.

Also carrying on with Battlechef Brigade. I do like the 'jobs' in the game, offering exclusive puzzle, combat and cooking challenges to practice the game's systems before challenging an opponent. What I do not like is that there's no way to find out stuff like which gems will be preferred by referees - so it's cute that the game allows you to focus on certain colors in your loadout screen, but that's just not particularly useful when you've got no clue what you'll be up against.

Edited by Fenixp
  • Like 2

I swear to god, if Switch becomes my Warframe machine I'm going to hate you a-holes who keep mentioning it on the boards.

Don't hate us, hate the AAA publishers who keep making disappointing Warframe knockoffs.  :p

• Like 4

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

It's really not different from Hero Shooters or Battle Royale in that way.

I have been heavily playing Fallout 4.  This type of Sandbox RPG  is always a favorite of mine and I love the numerous options and quests that are available like crafting 

It should be mandatory for ANY player of any Bethesda game to have  to Mod his game as  Mods can truly enhance the superlative RPG experience of the standard game. Nexus forums has released there own Mod manager tool called Vortex and this allows people to ostensibly manage and enable any required Mods 

I am currently using 194 Mods through Vortex and it has really improved many aspects of the overall RPG journey and interaction with gaming structures  8)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Moved on to AC Odyssey.  Minor note early on: why does my character run all the time?  Is there something in the options menu that allows you to toggle it to walk unless a certain button is pressed?

Moved on to AC Odyssey. Minor note early on: why does my character run all the time? Is there something in the options menu that allows you to toggle it to walk unless a certain button is pressed?

What platform are you on? I'm playing on Ps4 and my character changes from walk to run depending on how I play with my stick (per usual in a game). Same with the horse in the game.

Moved on to AC Odyssey.  Minor note early on: why does my character run all the time?  Is there something in the options menu that allows you to toggle it to walk unless a certain button is pressed?

There's a walk toggle button with keyboard and mouse (CTRL I think).

There's a walk toggle button with keyboard and mouse (CTRL I think).

Moved on to AC Odyssey. Minor note early on: why does my character run all the time? Is there something in the options menu that allows you to toggle it to walk unless a certain button is pressed?

What platform are you on? I'm playing on Ps4 and my character changes from walk to run depending on how I play with my stick (per usual in a game). Same with the horse in the game.

PS4.  And Kassandra basically runs whenever I push the control stick in any direction.

PS4. And Kassandra basically runs whenever I push the control stick in any direction.

Hate to ask this but are you playing with an official Sony controller? I can see a third party one doing this so thought I'd ask just in case.