What are you playing right now?

Gorth

I tried out something called jackbox games the other night. One friend was hosting it and sharing her screen via teamviewer, the rest of us using our mobile phones as remote controllers. It was fun. I really am awful at 'drawful' though :lol:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

On a Stoic-o-meter that went up to 10 Kazuma Kiryu would rate 958362829475720.

How are the pocket circuit races treating you? It was hands down my favorite mini game with some of the funniest sub-stories in the entire game.

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

I'm convinced Dutch Van Der Linde is the dumbest, most gullible gang leader ever.  I'm also convinced his entire gang has the intelligence of a rock.

I mean, from a game play perspective I'm enjoying RDR2.  But from a story/intellectual perspective, I'm getting super annoyed with how ridiculously dumb the characters are EVERY SINGLE MISSION.

"No, no.  This time this will work.  I don't think he's setting us up EVEN THOUGH IT'S OBVIOUS HE IS.  I think this time it will work EVEN THOUGH THE LAST DOZEN TIMES IT DIDN'T."

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

On a Stoic-o-meter that went up to 10 Kazuma Kiryu would rate 958362829475720.

How are the pocket circuit races treating you? It was hands down my favorite mini game with some of the funniest sub-stories in the entire game.
Pocket circuit is amazingly addictive. It's my second favorite mini-game after dance club.
  • Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I'm convinced Dutch Van Der Linde is the dumbest, most gullible gang leader ever.  I'm also convinced his entire gang has the intelligence of a rock.

I thought that was the historically accurate part, myself. These aren't criminal masterminds.

I tried out something called jackbox games the other night. One friend was hosting it and sharing her screen via teamviewer, the rest of us using our mobile phones as remote controllers. It was fun. I really am awful at 'drawful' though :lol:

Jackbox games are amazing, my friends and I are getting a lot of value out of each collection. :D

I was introduced to this game during a family party over the Christmas holiday. Brilliant!

Still on about AC Odyseey...

Nightmare difficulty is no longer worth it since there's no achievements/trophies for playing on higher difficulties. I'm going to change to hard, didn't have a problem til the army battles where I'm just getting overwhelmed - strange since my character feels/seems tougher in stronghold takeovers.

The exploration though, is far superior to other rpg's, commanding the ship and exploring islands is a remarkable feeling which I didn't get from Deadfire.

AC Odyseey gives you that Master and Commander feeling as you sail full speed, accompanied by humpback whales and purpoise dolphins, only to later get bombarded by a thunderhead cloud qhich spews cyclonic storms and pirate ships who gang up to take down your vessel.

Abother thing I like is that enemies scale to player, instead of staying their respective level. I always saw this a huge problem with Witcher 3 as it made Geralt feel OP after the main campaign was over.

So far, that is all I've gathered. More Ubi praise coming soon!

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Sadie Adler would make a better gang leader than Dutch.

But she isn't a con-artist :p

Did you beat it yet? Do you like it or no? I really liked it, then after I was done the novelty wore off and I began to see that the game's strongest points were also it's deepest flaws.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

CQB in Wildlands sure is awkward, I guess I should switch to over the shoulder when trying to storm radio stations.  Friend and I still fail horribly at those, well and in attempts to capture people. The latter is often funny though, tried to capture some guy and ended up killing him as our bullets somehow did enough damage to blow up a jeep behind him.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I just read this comment on eurogamer.net:

Guys, If you have (or plan to get) Hitman 2, do yourselves a favour and do the following when the games go live.

1) Download Hitman: The First Season. If you can, just download the launcher/Paris and not the other files.

2) Launch it (just to be sure)

3) Close it and load Hitman 2

4) Use the tile on the mode screen that mentions the first season

5) That will take you to the PSN page for the legacy pack

6) "Purchase" the pack, it should be free because you've validated your season 1 purchase.

7) Download the map packs

8 You can now play the Hitman 1 levels in Hitman 2, complete with engine enhancements (i.e. mirrors) and being able to use Hitman 2 unlocks in the Hitman 1 stages

You do lose a couple of challenges for XP but I think the ability to play everything in one "app" and the enhancements makes up for it. If you play season 1 "as is" then your progress doesn't carry through to Hitman 2, so it's worth considering to do it this way.

--

But apparently, you don't even need a Hitman 2 disc. You can just download the Hitman 2 Prologue from the PSN and play the game that way. It's nice to have your progress from the first game carried over to the second game.

Edited by Katphood

Finished Resident Evil 2, Leon 2nd run. I can say I've beat the game except for the optional modes.

The 3 final bosses are all pretty lame. Really only bosses 1 and 3 were any good. I kind of love 3, too. But more for the visuals of the thing. That is a magnificent beast. I would want one in my back yard.

I want to do a Resident Evil marathon starting with 0 (one of the ones I never really played). But I might put it off for Chaos;Head.

• Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

This is going to sound super shallow of me but I am skipping RE2 simply because the color pallete, everything looks more or less metal and greenish, it's something I just can't stand. Very few games turn me off with their graphics (whether new or old) but this is one of them. I watched a stream for about 2 hours because I already knew I was going to skip it, hoping it would change my mind.

I loved RE0 and RE1 remasters though. There will always be something about RE1's mansion and lightning/thunder. If you play it in surround sound, it's even so much better where you can hear the rain run down the glass windows and across the roof.

My horror go-to's though will always be The Evil Within and Alan Wake.

I always want to buy RE Revelations when it's on Steam sale but I always pass it by. I like the idea of beng stuck on an infected ship.

I've been hopping between Warframe, Destiny 2 and, recently thanks to some people on these forums, Diablo 3. Man, I sure do appear to like my grind ;)

I also tried Monster Hunter World and wasn't all that impressed, maybe I need to give it more time, but so far it hasn't really done anything to draw me in.

I got the Destiny 2 expansions after playing the free version for a while and while I did hit level cap I'm still making my way through the Forsaken campaign (or I should be, anyway). I still don't really get the Warframe comparisons. Both games are co-op shooters where you have "powers" and that's kinda where it ends. Destiny 2 is extremely stingy with power use and has rather bullet spongy enemies if you don't manage to hit their weak spots consistently, which is quite the contrast to Warframe where spamming powers is the norm and if you're somewhat geared enemies just die when you look in their general direction.

I also often find myself killed for no reason I can discern (or because some event dropped something out of the sky that killed me) in Destiny, it's rather an annoying experience and it happens way more than I'd like. "Killed by the architects", har.

Oh yeah, one thing Destiny 2 and Warframe do very much have in common is that both games explain basically nothing and rely heavily on player made resources to teach newcomers the game. But that's been a trend in MMOs for a while, I guess.

I want to do a Resident Evil marathon starting with 0 (one of the ones I never really played).

Yeah, I started Resi 0 a while ago and I am glad I started the game on easy. Resi 1 Remake is the one I'll be playing after that, followed by Resi 2 and 3 on the PS Vita. Once I am done with those I am gonna check out Code Veronica HD on the PS3.

Hearing that peeps are playing/enjoying games that I backed always makes me smile a bit :)

I'll back whatever the Sunless crew does next as well.

Not a fan of the ending of RDR2 (the main story part, anyway).  Zero player agency.  Oh look, no matter what you do you lose the fight.  And the fighting mechanics suck in the first place, so I spent a few minutes fumbling around with button mashing that resulted in the same ending anyway.

There's a lot I enjoyed about RDR2, but there's a lot (especially the scripted stuff that was forced on you) that I disliked.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Just gone past 100 hours playing Witcher 3. The porblems I was having with the combat are mostly gone now that I've gotten used to the system and the controls. Really lovin' the story, the setting and the character of Geralt. As a completionist, it is quite possible I'll end up with over 500 hours just on this first play through.

• Like 3

I started up Sunless Skies. I'm playing on Legacy Mode (which is the same rogue lite system as Sunless Sea) and with all the default difficulty options. Loving the game so far. The first thing I noticed is how much better the combat is. It's still not anything to write home about, but it's definitely much more engaging than that of Sunless Sea. I haven't decided yet whether I'm going to stay loyal to the crown or engage in a bit of rebellion.  Ultimately, I'll probably go through several captains before I get to endgame stuff.

• Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks