What are you playing right now?

Gorth

RDR2 crime design sucks.  This latest one, I got jumped by three people but apparently committed a crime because I was able to beat them in a fight.  Not guns, not knife.  But fists.  Then, to make matters worse, two lawmen saw me and suddenly EVERY COP IN THE CITY KNOWS WHERE I AM.

What is this, do they have the surveillance abilities of a police force in 2019?  And I couldn't get away from them because literally anywhere I ran new cops showed up.

And it was over a friggin fist fight!

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I wish Far Cry 5 had more of these. :lol:

But despite all of its flaws, I am starting to like it. Story is crap but the gameworld itself is fun to explore. The treasure hunt missions are the best though.

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

As a big VN fan, the Psych-Pass VN is one of the purchases I most regret.

Got any recommends? After really liking Hakuoki, Cinderella Phenomenon and Lake of Voices almost everything else I've tried (I've only bought from Steam) has been ... not very good. Or too much like Hakuoki and thus been there/done that. I don't mind, for example, a VN being classed as an "otome" but it has to have more story/depth of chr. than just "pick choices just so you can get in bed with the hot trope guy (or gal) of choice." :disguise:

I did try looking at some other non-steam sites but it's hard to tell quality tales vs Harlequin romance from descriptions/covers so I gave up.

Edit: I did buy Ken Follett's The Pillars of the Earth but haven't tried it yet.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Be sure to find the Path of Pain. It's... yeah, behind a breakable wall. Heh.

"Path of Pain" just sounds like an extremely challenging version of White Palace, which ... Y'know, I'll prefer to remain oblivious to its presence, unless I run across it by accident, in which case I'll swear a lot and then go back to being oblivious to its presence

https://youtu.be/QEcEsqSw-GI

I wish Far Cry 5 had more of these. :lol:

But despite all of its flaws, I am starting to like it. Story is crap but the gameworld itself is fun to explore. The treasure hunt missions are the best though.

Not a bad game for $15 bucks. Everything from Ubisoft is pretty much quality and worth the money so ya can't lose really :)

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Tried Yonder: The Cloud Catcher Chronicles. Refunded after climbing the highest mountain on the map and finding there a bottle of hair dye, then accidentally falling. I expected something with more precise controls and diverse movement (climbing, sprinting, dodging, etc).

Reached the 9th floor in Tower of Time. It became actually difficult, but more fun (combat and story).

Finished What Remains of Edith Finch. Pretty damn good as far as ... Walking sims go? I'm not entirely sure I'd even call the game a walking sim, it experiments with what constitutes gameplay quite a bit and, as a result, the game keeps changing and transforming to tell its story.

Basically, what they did is that they grabbed all the written notes that walking sims tend to be filled with and, when you start reading them, they slowly start turning into a dedicated minigame with unique mechanics that tells whatever story is the note supposed to tell. Which is pretty awesome.

• Like 1

Binged through Claire's story in RE2RE, taking a break before tackling Leon's secondary route.
I might have slightly hindered myself by not picking up gear so Leon can have his share but I'm not sure yet if it actually makes a difference.

Apart from some questionable enemy placement and Claire's VA motormouthing her lines near the start for some reason, I'd say it's a legitimately great game.

BFG2 launched so like a sucker I will buy it at full price for this weekend

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Oh look at that.  Another main mission in Red Dead Redemption 2 where it ends with me having to have a shootout with the entire security force, this time on a boat.  Didn't see that one coming. :getlost:

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Finished What Remains of Edith Finch. Pretty damn good as far as ... Walking sims go? I'm not entirely sure I'd even call the game a walking sim, it experiments with what constitutes gameplay quite a bit and, as a result, the game keeps changing and transforming to tell its story.

Basically, what they did is that they grabbed all the written notes that walking sims tend to be filled with and, when you start reading them, they slowly start turning into a dedicated minigame with unique mechanics that tells whatever story is the note supposed to tell. Which is pretty awesome.

Yeah, it was pretty remarkable, and very tight, everything getting tied together, and still lots of weird stuff and bizarre stories revolving those relatives.

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Some hours into my journey of AC Odyseey on Nightmare difficulty on exploration mode (no map icons)....

What can I say so far in comparing the newest AC game to RDR2 and Witcher 3?

What AC Odyseey lacks for in detail to animations and townsfolk routines/actions in RDR2/TW3, it makes up for in better exploration, unique activities and intuition.

-Early on in the game, you get some tutorial missions and find that the control scheme isn't typical, but at least it's super-easy to pick up and remember.

-I have been trying to kill my horse in Odyseey, it won't die, I don't have to keep tapping a button to keep pace. Call it what you will, that "lack" of character is already making Odyseey a more enjoyable experience than RDR2 though.

-In the first or second quest in campaign, you're going after a debt. You are given quite a few options, you can make him pay double, make him pay the original amount borrowed, kill him, let him off the hook, pay his debt or break his equipment. This type of attention to storytelling and approaching quests is beyond anything in Witcher 3 and RDR2 so I'm looking forward to seeing other things in the game.

I knew I was going to enjoy the game but I didn't know I would be enjoying it this much. I now put AC Origins on my list - to pick up next.

• Like 1

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Finished GoW: Ghost of Sparta. It was awesome! Great gameplay, great story, a good ending...

Next stop is GoW: Ascension which I got for free with my PS Plus subscription but dang, I need to free up 75 GB on my PS3 for that game(the game itself is a 34 gb download). I have to delete half the games on my hdd.

I am wondering if I should skip Ascension and head straight for GoW 4, I have already played 1, 2 and 3 before.

Edited by Katphood
  • Like 1

I knew I was going to enjoy the game but I didn't know I would be enjoying it this much. I now put AC Origins on my list - to pick up next.

I haven't played AC: Origins, but from what I've read, this extensive RPG woven into the game is mostly missing, whereas in Odyssey you get a lot of important choices, and several of them affect what happens later on in the game. It's not a deep RPG, but it's surprisingly solid. IIRC, I think I wrote somewhere that all in all, given all the various NPCs you encounter and given all of the side quests, Odyssey is more a CRPG than Deadfire. Odd? Sure, but that's what it felt like to me.

Edited by IndiraLightfoot
  • Like 1

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

It reminds me of one of my favorite Crpg's called "Rise Of The Argonauts" released years ago, the combat seems to be a nod to it at least as well as the specific atmosphere.

Just check out the weapons combat :)

Maybe Ubisoft loved Rise Of The Argonauts as much as I did but to return to a game (Odyseey) with that type of atmosphere and story is incredible. ROTA is one of the most underrated Crpg's ever made.

Hats off to Ubi for this re-connection, I like Odyseey already more than Witcher 3 as a game and as an rpg. That's saying something. Skills/Abilities are better put to use and I like that I can have shortcuts for 8 total (4 range and 4 melee).

Sometimes it's better to focus on the atmosphere and fun rather than if my horse has personality (RDR2). Sure all the bells and whistles are nice but in the end they don't matter and aren't the things we remember. Odyseey just feels more right in this regard.

I did play AC: Origins for some 20 hours. It felt pretty much like any other AC game with the exception of combat which felt hit or miss.

Haven't finished it yet, the first boss fight turned me off and I simply couldn't go back to it afterwards.

I am just loving Yoga Fire now that it is turn based. It makes me way more interested in the equipment and abilities in the game. It was all just a bit of a blur before, but now I can really get a feel for what is happening.

• Like 4

Resident Evil 2. I beat it with Claire, now on to Leon for 2nd run.

This is officially the first time I've beat Resident Evil 2 without cheating. It's pretty tense and I'm reminded of why I never did it before and then some. I have to go to the safe room, them basically plan my next trip complete with a couple escape route options, sprinting most of the way to conserve ammo and dodge some of the more dangerous inhabitants of the police station.

• Like 2
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Hope you bought all the charm converts (from fragile to whatever it was called), because that NPC tent will be gone too if you do the banishment.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Didn't bother with the Greed one, but I never actually intended to as I'd have to farm Geo for it to happen - the most important for me, Unbreakeable Strength, is now equipped pretty much at all times :-P

Incidentally, I got a bit pissed now when I nearly finished the Delicate Flower quest, just to find out that the Grimm Trope charm you get which has a chance to negate damage does that, but won't prevent the flower from breaking. ... God damnit. Oh well, one more go, I suspect that's where I'll get the last missing mask shard (...I'll be even more pissed if it turns out I just get a crapload of Geo for all that hassle)

Edited by Fenixp

Completed Tower of Time.

The last two floors and the ending were ridiculous (too much drama for nothing, too many plot holes). But the combat was quite enjoyable.

Edit. Also the archer seems less OP when opponents have 100% damage reflection, so if she auto-attacks them, she dies. 

Edited by Hawke64

On a Stoic-o-meter that went up to 10 Kazuma Kiryu would rate 958362829475720.

I thought he was just angry all the time.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif