What are you playing right now?

Gorth

Still not persuaded yourself for Xillia 2 platinum? :)

Not even started it.  :aiee:

I remember the times when I wished that Europe would also get Tales games. Today, I have Xillia 2, Symphonia, Symphonia 2, Zestiria and Berseria to play. They are patiently waiting in my backlog. :aiee:

Just for good measure:  :aiee:  :aiee:  :aiee:

I want to complete Star ocean 5. Not a good game by any means, but I'm so far in that there's no reason not to try and complete it.

Well for some reason I liked SO5 more than SO4. And the Live Events were funny... (mostly) and also, I like the game more than FFXV as well. I know, I am strange person sometimes :)

Thankfuly I have finished all Tales of Games for PS3 and PS4 (excluding ToV) but so far I’ve platinued only Graces f and both Xillias. After I finish Vesperia, I will sooner or later try to fully complete Zestiria. Symphonia is so far my least favourite and not looking forward to play it again at the moment.

I couldn't even finish SO4 and I didn't like the demos of FFXV, so I never bothered buying the game. It's the first mainline game that I skip. I guess that you're not crazy.

I was stupid to preorder the Deluxe Edition with Kingsglaive... i should have rather given that 90 EUR to some drunkard, would be much better spent money... bah... I am just happy, that there are now more than ever japanese gaming companies, still interested in non-mobile games to scratch that itch...

Edited by Mamoulian War
  • Like 2

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Goddamn  Yakuza 0 is great! It's amazing how SEGA manages to stuff 10x as much interesting and legitimately compelling content into an open world area 1/100th the size of most open world games. There is a startling contrast between the super serious, emotionally gripping main story, featuring the most stoic protagonists that ever stoic-d and the hilarious side stories full of wacky characters, but somehow it works. And the mini-games are so good.  My favorite is the dance club mini game. Please tell me I will eventually get to dance against the weird bald guy busting a move in his tidy whities. That would be AMAZING.

qlpkemodh0zjg62ajx4m.gif

This guy is THE MAN.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 6

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

replaying Vanquish. Why I don't know lol It's a decent game though. It's true that Sega did well.

Not sure if I talked about it before on the forums here but I agree with the majority of people who compare it to the Cybertron series. It's not as nearly as good as War For Cyber but it is better than Fall Of Cybertron. It's just in between there.

Much like Dragon's Dogma, Vanquish's strength relishes much on the boss fights. Unlike the Cybertron series, which are more about exploration and how you choose to approach missions for a run and gun game.

One of my favorite bosses in Vanquish has buzzsaws for eyes and moves like liquid. Very cool, like it's straight outta Michael Bay movie for alot of the dewigns in general. Probably why I never get tired of playing it.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Goddamn Yakuza 0 is great! It's amazing how SEGA manages to stuff 10x as much interesting and legitimately compelling content into an open world area 1/100th the size of most open world games. There is a startling contrast between the super serious, emotionally gripping main story, featuring the most stoic protagonists that ever stoic-d and the hilarious side stories full of wacky characters, but somehow it works. And the mini-games are so good. My favorite is the dance club mini game. Please tell me I will eventually get to dance against the weird bald guy busting a move in his tidy whities. That would be AMAZING.

qlpkemodh0zjg62ajx4m.gif

This guy is THE MAN.

Mr. Libido is awesome. :lol:

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Yet another mission in RDR2 where I basically have the entire city against me and have to run away because of a huge bounty.

1-It's getting kind of old that pretty much every "main mission" forces me to do something that brings the entire law down on me.

2-It's too easy to just pay off the bounties and no one cares.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

1) that happens the rest of the game. I rushed the last part of the story because it got really annoying and tedious.

2) Everyone said they are swimming in cash, but I somehow never had enough over the entire game. No idea what exactly I did wrong / different.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

More Far Cry 5.

So outposts are now 'quests', weapons have only 3 upgrades(same as before), you can hire companions which are a little smarter than the ones in Far Cry 2, hunting animals is now pretty useless, the perk system is all over the place and the weapon variety is laughable.

The only 'positive' addition is the enviromental story telling which is Fallout 4 tier at best.

Goddamn  Yakuza 0 is great! It's amazing how SEGA manages to stuff 10x as much interesting and legitimately compelling content into an open world area 1/100th the size of most open world games. There is a startling contrast between the super serious, emotionally gripping main story, featuring the most stoic protagonists that ever stoic-d and the hilarious side stories full of wacky characters, but somehow it works. And the mini-games are so good.  My favorite is the dance club mini game. Please tell me I will eventually get to dance against the weird bald guy busting a move in his tidy whities. That would be AMAZING.

qlpkemodh0zjg62ajx4m.gif

This guy is THE MAN.

Because the world is smaller and more focused, something I've wished for in every open world game. Allows for more character, focus and experimentation. Really need to get my **** together and play the Yakuza games. Barely game at all at this point.
  • Like 2

You will not regret it!

Tried to start/read through early Psycho-Pass VN. Couldn't figure out how to get to any options/save menu for ages and by the time I finally did I lost all interest in reading. Then tried to play Torchlight2 again (never did finish the "story") but I've forgotten all the controls etc. so it's that syndrome of having a high level chr. but feeling like you have to start over. Nah.

...Divine Divinity 1 I never even came close to finishing, but it was a lot of fun as I recall, maybe I'll give that a go next...5 bucks says I won't get far in that endeavor either.

I know I'm not as into gaming overall as some days past, but I still hate being "between" games.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

As a big VN fan, the Psych-Pass VN is one of the purchases I most regret.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Yoga Fire turn based mode!!!

giphy.gif

Some initial impressions - spell use, especially AoE spells, and abilities in general are much easier to manage and it still plays fairly quickly. I've also bumped up the difficulty because it also makes encounters easier. I'm still on starter island which has always been easy but it seems even easier.

Edited by ShadySands
  • Like 2

Free games updated 3/4/21

1) that happens the rest of the game. I rushed the last part of the story because it got really annoying and tedious.

2) Everyone said they are swimming in cash, but I somehow never had enough over the entire game. No idea what exactly I did wrong / different.

It just makes the Van der Linde gang look like the most incompetent gang ever.  They're like a gang from a comedy movie, where they keep coming up with these big plans that result in everything going wrong every single time.

I think what bugs me is that it's the obvious stuff that goes wrong.  You, as a player, can predict exactly what will go wrong as soon as you start the mission.  Better design could have masked this by making the plans make sense, but then something unpredictable happens to cause it to go astray.  But pretty much every single time I ended up in a gun fight with the local law, I could see it coming the very single I started.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

It just makes the Van der Linde gang look like the most incompetent gang ever. They're like a gang from a comedy movie, where they keep coming up with these big plans that result in everything going wrong every single time.

They pretty much are the most incompetent gang ever, anything they DO get done is by accident. They are like Captain Jack Sparrow in that way. They don't think, they just do - even though every member of the gang has their unique job and uses.

It's funny because each of them work extremely well on their own in tasks like hunting, stealth, etc but when the player gets involved it's as if an ancient curse follows the player around.

Maybe it's Arthur's fault.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Yoga Fire turn based mode!!!

giphy.gif

Some initial impressions - spell use, especially AoE spells, and abilities in general are much easier to manage and it still plays fairly quickly. I've also bumped up the difficulty because it also makes encounters easier. I'm still on starter island which has always been easy but it seems even easier.

Or maybe you became to much of a pro :p
  • Like 2

Yakuza 0 took me a good 92 hours to finish. Not a single dull moment.

I am glad I started the series with 0, so much history behind Majima and other characters...

Yup. Don't bother with the others. That's the absolute peak of the series at the moment.

I wonder if the new spin-off with the cop (Judge Eyes: Shinigami no Yuigon) is any good though?

I wonder if the new spin-off with the cop (Judge Eyes: Shinigami no Yuigon) is any good though?

It is Yakuza but with detective gameplay elements(looking for clues and stuff). It seems like a nice twist to me.

There is also Fist of the North Star: Paradise Lost. It's not a spin-off but it has similar gameplay and it is made by the same developers. It was released a while ago but sadly, it went under the radar. I haven't bought it myself yet, couldn't find it anywhere. :(

Edited by Katphood

Seems Team Cherry really enjoyed Super Meat Boy when designing The White Palace.

The whole area would be massively irritating if I did not have hiveblood and grubsong, as it stands, it's difficult platforming fun without needless repetition.

Replaying Shadowrun Hong Kong after finishing up Dragonfall.

As I remember it. Find it excellent overall, but more ambitious and at the same time more uneven than Dragonfall. Still loads of fun.

Gaichu, and especially Racter, are just fantastic characters. Kind of a shame that the other three don't really reach those heights.

• Like 1

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Replaying Shadowrun Hong Kong after finishing up Dragonfall.

As I remember it. Find it excellent overall, but more ambitious and at the same time more uneven than Dragonfall. Still loads of fun.

Gaichu, and especially Racter, are just fantastic characters. Kind of a shame that the other three don't really reach those heights.

I think Gobbet came together nicely as your advice-dispensing veteran buddy/comic relief. Is0bel on the other hand felt so shallow I thought her dialogue was bugged.

Duncan for me suffered a little from being the tie to the PC's background and that he rarely if at all had anything really interesting to say. 

It's a shame really, I was looking forward to Duncan the most pre-release and Gobbet the least and in the end they ended up on the opposing spots on my personal popularity ladder.  :lol:

That said Racter is the standout here, not sure about Gaichu.

Making my way through some more of my backlog on the switch, now through Celeste, Guacamelee, Ghost 1.0, Feudal Alloy, and Child of Light.  Started up Axiom Verge for a few hours, then read someone's post on here about the latest Diablo 3 season and here I am with a Paragon level 54 Crusader already lol  I know D3 is not considered the cream of the crop in this generation of ARPGs (my favorite has been Grim Dawn), it still has it's charm and fun burst experiences.  

We'll see how this playthrough of Axiom Verge goes.  I know it's supposed to be a solid game, but as compared to other metrovania's, I feel like it'll be harder to come back to if I spend too much time away from it.  

Seems Team Cherry really enjoyed Super Meat Boy when designing The White Palace.

The whole area would be massively irritating if I did not have hiveblood and grubsong, as it stands, it's difficult platforming fun without needless repetition.

Be sure to find the Path of Pain. It's... yeah, behind a breakable wall. Heh.

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.