What are you playing right now?

Gorth

Yea, B1 is a very Hollywood take on WW1. Then again, I never really expected authenticity and when it comes to the kind of bombastic entertainment that I expect out of Battlefield/Call of Duty singleplayer camplaigns, B1 was among the best.

Lol, as expected. DICE is garbage.

I'd say "garbage" and "mediocre" is worlds apart. As for DICE, as far as I know, they treated their employees quite well and supported their games for a fairly long time, which would elevate them above "garbage" in itself.

I'm speaking merely about their products, mostly since BF3 and somewhat of their philosophy/marketing. It's garbage.

Still not persuaded yourself for Xillia 2 platinum? :)

Not even started it.  :aiee:

I remember the times when I wished that Europe would also get Tales games. Today, I have Xillia 2, Symphonia, Symphonia 2, Zestiria and Berseria to play. They are patiently waiting in my backlog. :aiee:

Just for good measure:  :aiee:  :aiee:  :aiee:

I want to complete Star ocean 5. Not a good game by any means, but I'm so far in that there's no reason not to try and complete it.

Well for some reason I liked SO5 more than SO4. And the Live Events were funny... (mostly) and also, I like the game more than FFXV as well. I know, I am strange person sometimes :)

Thankfuly I have finished all Tales of Games for PS3 and PS4 (excluding ToV) but so far I’ve platinued only Graces f and both Xillias. After I finish Vesperia, I will sooner or later try to fully complete Zestiria. Symphonia is so far my least favourite and not looking forward to play it again at the moment.

• Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Fairly soon I'm going to need to take a break from The Witness.  As much as I love that game, and I do, I can only play it for so long before I need a break, because that game works your brain really hard.  You have to constantly take notice of every detail everywhere and look at things from as many different angles, both physical and conceptual, as possible as you try to wrap your head around these constantly evolving logic puzzles.  With that in mind, I'm thinking of doing a Yakuza-thon, because I need something... I don't want to say mindless, but something that isn't constantly running Prime95 on my brain, if you know what I mean, but also that's an awesome game that's super fun. I already have Yakuza 0 and Kiwami 1 & 2 are already out.  I know 6 is available on PS4 and 4 & 5 are available via PS Now.  Frankly, I'm not enthused about having to sign up for yet another subscription service since I already have PS Plus, but when I get to that point in the chronological order if that's the only way I can play them then I guess I'll get the service just long enough to play those 2 games then cancel it.  That still leaves Yakuza 3, though. Does anyone know if they're going to make a Kiwami 3?  I want to do the whole series in chronological order and that's the 1 game that's, to the best of my knowledge, unavailable of PS4.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Beat Hunted: Demon's Forge. I rather enjoyed it and would be happy to play a sequel.

You just know that in the pitch meeting "Gears of War" was probably said a good dozen times, though.

• Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I've been playing Season 16 D3, my ultimate goal being building an alternative character that doesn't require a full set (thanks to this season's theme).

The problem I have with sets is that I feel forced to play a certain way, not my way. I almost never use/like the things they're designed around. Although the boosts Sets got this patch was nice.

I've tried some on other chrs/classes as testers (not just in D3 but all rpg's really) and I definitely understand why people use them for high dps but I don't like being locked in.

Yeah, I can certainly relate to this sentiment. I almost view the sets as a design flaw. I'd much rather have barely no sets whatsoever, not even double sets. I just like to make my own Frankenstein builds and see what happens. It says a lot that my just being able to use one more slot (freed up thanks to the S16 theme) as I choose is what brought me back to D3. In my case, I'm trying to build a wizard with at least three double sets for a wizard (double rings, boots + shoulders, offhand + helmet) and then have the rest in some armor set, probably not the Vyr set that you get as season rewards. I'm thinking more of Tal Rasha, which I had a couple of drops for with my very first rifts.

I also notice that it says Eternal Collection everywhere, and I went to something called Eternal Woods, which was a neat dusky frozen map with yetis and lumbering zombies with glowing eyes.

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

A minor issue I have with Red Dead Redemption 2's story missions: Arthur keeps agreeing to these stupid, idiotic missions that anyone can see will either end in disaster or end up them walking into a trap, yet you, the player, can't do anything about it.

I get that he's loyal to Dutch and I get that he's not supposed to be the smartest guy around, but it's kind of jarring having to play through a mission that I, the player, know will end in some kind of fire fight where we're walking into an ambush, but I have to anyways because Arthur seems to think it's a good idea.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Fairly soon I'm going to need to take a break from The Witness. As much as I love that game, and I do, I can only play it for so long before I need a break, because that game works your brain really hard. You have to constantly take notice of every detail everywhere and look at things from as many different angles, both physical and conceptual, as possible as you try to wrap your head around these constantly evolving logic puzzles. With that in mind, I'm thinking of doing a Yakuza-thon, because I need something... I don't want to say mindless, but something that isn't constantly running Prime95 on my brain, if you know what I mean, but also that's an awesome game that's super fun. I already have Yakuza 0 and Kiwami 1 & 2 are already out. I know 6 is available on PS4 and 4 & 5 are available via PS Now. Frankly, I'm not enthused about having to sign up for yet another subscription service since I already have PS Plus, but when I get to that point in the chronological order if that's the only way I can play them then I guess I'll get the service just long enough to play those 2 games then cancel it. That still leaves Yakuza 3, though. Does anyone know if they're going to make a Kiwami 3? I want to do the whole series in chronological order and that's the 1 game that's, to the best of my knowledge, unavailable of PS4.

This is the only info, which is available according the Remasters for the West. Japan has already 3 and 4 Remastered. In few months they will have 5 as well.

http://www.siliconera.com/2018/06/04/yakuza-creator-bringing-3-4-5-remasters-overseas-theyre-kiwami-remakes/

Edited by Mamoulian War
  • Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Finally finished RDR2. Took me 68 hours and 53 minutes to beat the main story + side stories. Didn't spend any time on the collectibles though, those are boring.

It was good overall but I think I enjoyed RDR1 a bit more even though Arthur Morgan is a far more likeable character compared to John Marston.

Now to finish up GoW: Ghost of Sparta and Resi 0. I'm also going to give Far Cry 5 a spin and see what the Arcade mode is all about.

• Like 1

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

-snip-

Does anyone know if they're going to make a Kiwami 3? I want to do the whole series in chronological order and that's the 1 game that's, to the best of my knowledge, unavailable of PS4.

This is the only info, which is available according the Remasters for the West. Japan has already 3 and 4 Remastered. In few months they will have 5 as well.

http://www.siliconera.com/2018/06/04/yakuza-creator-bringing-3-4-5-remasters-overseas-theyre-kiwami-remakes/

That's cool, so long as the 3,4, and 5 remasters do eventually come to the west. I don't particularly care if they make Kiwami remakes of the game of just straight up remasters, I just want to be able to play the whole series on PS4.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Im losing a little interest in Tower of Time. I got to the end of the first level (almost) and Im already getting bored of the same three party members with the same three abilities, all of which takes TOO DAMN LONG to recharge. Maybe Ill drop down to story mode to blast through the rest of the game.

Im losing a little interest in Tower of Time. I got to the end of the first level (almost) and Im already getting bored of the same three party members with the same three abilities, all of which takes TOO DAMN LONG to recharge. Maybe Ill drop down to story mode to blast through the rest of the game.

I think, it gets better as you progress. In general, you get 1 party member and ~1 level per floor.

I've reached the 7th floor and I can confirm that the first four champions are the best in terms of combat (DPS and survivability). The others aren't weak, but require specific tactics to be useful.

• Like 2

Far Cry 5.

So I need Xbox Live Gold if I want to try the Arcade mode? F- You!

Also, why is the aiming and gun recoil so awful? Maybe I got used to RDR2's controls more than I should have.

I die a lot as well, it only takes 10 seconds to be spotted by an enemy vehicle and once the firefight starts, they just keep piling up. A very crappy experience so far...

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

I had the quest log for Red Dead Redemption 2.  Unless I'm just missing something obvious, I can't find out all the side quest stuff I get.  If it's not on the main map with an icon, I can't find where to find the info (ie. what to do now that I've finished all the "Boy Calloway gun fights" thing).

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

You'll meet him again later in a different town. I think if you're going back to the start location in Valentine, the bar keeper will tell you where he went as well.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Just kind of killing time until Resident Evil 2 comes out on Thursday, so I played a bit of Telltale's Guardians of the Galaxy.

It's this weird mishmash of MCU and comic stuff. They all look like their comic counterparts, except Starlord who is wearing the MCU outfit. Drax is not human, either. Thanos looks and acts like comic Thanos.

• Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Finished (what I assume to be) the first stage of Troupe Master Grimm's boss fight in Hollow Knight. Now THAT was a well-designed boss battle, that I enjoyed!

You assume correctly. The next version is one of the most enjoyable boss fights I've had in any Metroidvania (or side-scroller in general).

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

I've been replaying TWitcher 3 off and on and... Euphoria really does completely break the game with an alchemy build. I knew people said that it did but I didn't believe the extent until I tried it. I can only imagine how broken it gets with Aerondight and runes.

reinstalling Dark Souls 3 and Bloodborne so i can get in the mood before Sekiro hits in March. Bayme i'll even go back to Dark Souls 3, i've never finished the Scholar of the First Sin version of the game.

Edited by Majek

1.13 killed off Ja2.

You'll meet him again later in a different town. I think if you're going back to the start location in Valentine, the bar keeper will tell you where he went as well.

How/where do I access my sidequests/tasks?  I still have no clue how to find all the various tasks I've been given that don't have an icon currently on the map.

There's a log book if you press one of the arrow buttons for a few seconds. Don't ask me which one, because I don't remember and I rarely used it at all. :>

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I can't remeber either, I think it was left or right on the D-Pad but even the log was tedious to use which is why I didn't use it much, I still remeber hitting by accident 10-20 times when first playing the game and trying to get a handle on the controls.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

I recently bought Dead Rising 4 (because I found a site that sells Steam codes very cheap) and I understand the criticism the game got when it was released (no more psychopaths, replaced by generic maniacs, really stupid way of introducing "survivors", too easy combined weapons, etc.) but.. I'm really having a blast playing it.

Instead of timed events and really scary psychopaths you have an open world and a ****-ton of zombies that you can kill in a huge variety of ways. I basically just jump into a car (model bigger) and rampage around town until it breaks down, at which point I panic and run around screaming like a little girl until I find some sort of refuge (usually the top of a bus or something). Then it's survival time: craft a senseless combined weapon and go to town on your escape route. All the while you're picking up keys and pass cards and trying to take cool pics with your camera.

It's stupid but it works. Also, the main story isn't half bad. At least it makes me want to continue pressing forward.

• Like 2

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Can fight the big bad in Wildlands, but figure we'll destroy the entire cartel first.  Still need to get better at sniping, can barely hit anything at 250 m (mind you at that range, is that even sniping?).  Something does feel a bit off with the sniper rifles' ballistics, having never shot I can't actually tell.  Definitely is a routine approach to missions, still is fun as my buddy and I invariably screw up one part of the plan, although that is less catastrophic against the cartel as opposed to UNIDAD.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I finished The Witness. Unfortunately, you can't just keep playing after the ending, the game resets itself and you don't have manual save slots. So if I want to 100% the game I would have to do everything again. Granted solving puzzles I've already solved would go much quicker, but that's still a TON of work to do again. I wish I had known that before doing the final step, but I had been purposely avoiding everything about the game because I wanted to not have any puzzles spoiled. *sigh*

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸