The Political Thread - Browncoat edition... down with the Alliance!

Gorth

God Emperor himself:

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

God Emperor himself:

Nice. Normie anchor even knew that this is a "Warhammer 4K" reference.

But of course they had to be Ultramarines. Bleh.

• Like 1

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Well I guess the T_D trash have something to beat off to.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

So if Trump is the God Emperor and far right conservatives are Space Marines does that mean that far left liberals are Tyranids? I mean, a group set on devouring all life controlled by a hive mind that cannot be reasoned with sounds shockingly accurate.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Not up on my 4K lore, but I'd say Eldar. Heads too far up their own asses to really get anything done, and everyone except themselves knows they are a joke.

The hive mind thing is applicable to pretty much the entire political spectrum -- I'm not sure it's truly ever been otherwise.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Are Mexicans Orks then?

Nancy Pelosi is Tzeentch.

Warhammer 40K - Shockingly true to life :p

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

51400274_2501418969869495_53847687113893

The Ockers never actually had a shut down then. It would theoretically have happened, at the end of November, but never actually did since the contentious Supply bill was passed in mid November (on the same day Whitlam was sacked and largely because... he forgot to tell his party's senators he'd been sacked and it was being passed for PM Fraser instead). Also Westminster System vs a US system which doesn't have the same concepts of Supply to anywhere near the same degree nor Confidence- at all effectively- and has an Executive President while the Governor General is decidedly non executive except in this sole case.

Fact check status: Not factual let alone ultrafactual/ Pants On Fire/ Fakenews SAD!/ More war on truth from the alt left/ whatever other clichés I can't be bothered writing.

(For US types the equivalent would be the House and Senate disagreeing on a budget; Guam and Puerto Rico being granted Senators which could give D a majority in the Senate; Pelosi is effective executive head of the government as the House trumps the Senate but the Senate can still block legislation; the President being appointed rather than elected and their only real power being the power to sack ministers and which has never been used; ministers are appointed by Pelosi who is herself a minister and can be sacked; and if Pelosi cannot pass Supply or Confidence measures then whoever the R minority leader is gets a crack at being executive head of the government and if he fails you get a full deck election of both houses. Pelosi cannot pass Supply measures, Supreme Court says she cannot appoint senators for Guam/ PR but there must an election by mid next year, President sacks Pelosi but Pelosi doesn't tell everyone, Senate passes Supply measure for new R Speaker with D senators thinking they'd won the standoff, R now run the government and decide to dissolve Congress, R win elections, President eventually resigns and leaves the country because D are butthurt, Pelosi eventually becomes well known for wanting to turn the US into a constitutional monarchy to avoid the situation repeating)

• Like 2

The Ockers never actually had a shut down then. It would theoretically have happened, at the end of November, but never actually did since the contentious Supply bill was passed in mid November (on the same day Whitlam was sacked and largely because... he forgot to tell his party's senators he'd been sacked and it was being passed for PM Fraser instead). Also Westminster System vs a US system which doesn't have the same concepts of Supply to anywhere near the same degree nor Confidence- at all effectively- and has an Executive President while the Governor General is decidedly non executive except in this sole case.

Fact check status: Not factual let alone ultrafactual/ Pants On Fire/ Fakenews SAD!/ More war on truth from the alt left/ whatever other clichés I can't be bothered writing.

(For US types the equivalent would be the House and Senate disagreeing on a budget; Guam and Puerto Rico being granted Senators which could give D a majority in the Senate; Pelosi is effective executive head of the government as the House trumps the Senate but the Senate can still block legislation; the President being appointed rather than elected and their only real power being the power to sack ministers and which has never been used; ministers are appointed by Pelosi who is herself a minister and can be sacked; and if Pelosi cannot pass Supply or Confidence measures then whoever the R minority leader is gets a crack at being executive head of the government and if he fails you get a full deck election of both houses. Pelosi cannot pass Supply measures, Supreme Court says she cannot appoint senators for Guam/ PR but there must an election by mid next year, President sacks Pelosi but Pelosi doesn't tell everyone, Senate passes Supply measure for new R Speaker with D senators thinking they'd won the standoff, R now run the government and decide to dissolve Congress, R win elections, President eventually resigns and leaves the country because D are butthurt, Pelosi eventually becomes well known for wanting to turn the US into a constitutional monarchy to avoid the situation repeating)

I just like that it's down in history as "The Dismissal".

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I wish there was some mechanism in our system to wholly dismiss and reelect our government. :(

Im also on the fence wrt maybe passing additional rules for elected officials:

1) I think there should be some upper age limit but I would also worry about "brain drain", so I don't know what a good upper limit is.

2) Pass a battery of psychological exams. Annually.  

3) Meet some minimum measurable level of intelligence.

4) …

5) Profit?

Not up on my 4K lore

as evidenced by the fact that you're off by a factor of 10

Watch the video with the subtitles on. It's not easy to be up on the fluff of a non-existent franchise, let me tell you.

• Like 2

I wish there was some mechanism in our system to wholly dismiss and reelect our government. :(

1) I think there should be some upper age limit but I would also worry about "brain drain", so I don't know what a good upper limit is.

4) …

5) Profit?

It would be nice, but I don't think it would be a democracy any longer?

I would love to do a social experiment where the system is a meritocracy with a democratically elected oversight body.

Edit: Since Warhammer 40K was brought up, I believe the EU would be the equivalent of the Adeptus Administratum

Edit2: With the Germans being secret followers of the Omnissiah

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

4) …

5) Profit?

It would be nice, but I don't think it would be a democracy any longer?

I would love to do a social experiment where the system is a meritocracy with a democratically elected oversight body.

Edit: Since Warhammer 40K was brought up, I believe the EU would be the equivalent of the Adeptus Administratum

Edit2: With the Germans being secret followers of the Omnissiah

Are we in V4 ... heretics then??

Praise the Emberor!

edit:

nah it does not compute, EU love xenos xD

Edited by Chilloutman

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Those dems better start praying, I agree that the repubes response was funny but seems like the left result to desperation in "Let's say the most ignorant stuff to turn eyes on us"

Sound familiar?

Which begs to ponder, strange that this wasn't brought up here already ;) ;)

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

*sigh* Whatever the hell happened to Youtubes captioning system? Sure, it wasn't perfect, but often times it's better than nothing for those who are hard of hearing.... Except for the cases where it was truly terrible.

CNN is doing a town hall with him later tonight (for some reason, even though he isn't even actually running yet), so, I guess we'll see if he bombs that or something.

True. People seem to hate him now, it's as if he automatically percieved as a negative nancy because he said "Trump will win and theres nothing Dems can can do about it". People just can't handle differed opinions today, I think the chaos he has caused already wasn't his fault by that standard. Reputation shouldn't be standardized by who who stand with in politics or your opinion on them but society has become shallow in this, thus it has become far too easy to slam anyone we don't like...

Also,

As for the person who said:

You call that a "State Of The Union" Address?

Uhhh... What would you call it? A joke? Well, let's be real, even if it was all the things you wanted to hear, you would still complain about it, don't lie :)

It's politics, things could go perfectly right and you would still be in the corner twittling your thumbs and finding something to complain about later - not unlike an older and less attractive Cortez hehe I know it sucks being the people and not having any real power but the sooner we accept it and put that energy into something worthwhile, the better. It's hard to get any general whiner to get up and applaud even if everything was done to their standard. After all, these are the types of people who complain and question a free gift - you know the type.

Edited by SonicMage117

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Apropos nothing, but the bitter irony of the two systems on extreme ends of the spectrum, communism and laissez faire capitalism, is that they both inevitably end up in the same exact spot, that spot being an oligarchy.  The difference is that they take differing amounts of time to get there. Communism becomes an oligarchy immediately. The reason for this is that communism goes against a fundamental nature of humanity itself (competition) and the only way to enforce it is to have a highly centralized government with absolute power. Laissez faire capitalism will also eventually wind up in an oligarchy as those that succeed in the free market will, by virtue of their success, gain advantages, which in turn will allow them to succeed even more. Plus, as they gain wealth and power, they will inevitably bend the system to further their advantage even more, because power corrupts. So eventually you wind up with a small group of individuals (or corporations) that have amassed an overwhelming amount of wealth and power, it just doesn't happen immediately like with communism.

So when far leftists say that capitalism is evil and the far rightists say that capitalism is the best choice, they're both kinda right. Until someone comes up with a better alternative (I've yet to hear one), the best choice seems to be capitalism that is regulated and a progressive tax. Ideally regulations are there to eliminate corruption, but realistically all we can hope for is to reduce corruption as much as possible. The progressive tax is there, as unfair as it is, in some respects, to slow the process of the ultra rich from getting even richer as much as possible. This one is a rather delicate subject because you don't want to tax the ultra rich too high and discourage striving for wealth too highly, because innovation is a very beneficial byproduct of striving for wealth. All of this is in an effort to maximize the time it takes capitalism to devolve into oligarchy at which point you reach overwhelming oppression and eventual bloody revolution.

What I'm trying to say is that the system we have in place in the US currently is the correct system, or the best system we (humanity) have come up with so far, it's just that corruption has reached near critical levels.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

True. People seem to hate him now, it's as if he automatically percieved as a negative nancy because he said "Trump will win and theres nothing Dems can can do about it". People just can't handle differed opinions today, I think the chaos he has caused already wasn't his fault by that standard. Reputation shouldn't be standardized by who who stand with in politics or your opinion on them but society has become shallow in this, thus it has become far too easy to slam anyone we don't like...

Eh? I haven't heard anything regarding him being hated just because he has different opinions (though some are irritated by some of his comments). The reason why some are hating him right now is because they're all 'NO! An independent run will just throw the election to Trump!' because third party spoiler effect and FPTP system.

tried to watch a bit o' the trump el paso rally.  would be so much easier to listen to trump inaccuracies if he looked like angelina jolie, no?

am not sure why, but trump taking credit, again, for va choice (a deeply flawed bit o' congressional legislation) irritates us more than most o' his fibs.  trump did not initiate or sponsor va choice.  

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/arizona/politics/2014/06/05/va-scandal-mccain-sanders-reform-compromise/10021843/

trump says everybody thought va choice were impossible and nobody were doing anything 'bout the va situation 'til he got involved.  if any specific people deserves credit and blame for va choice, it is mccain and sanders.

"web of lies."

were bipartisan legislation which almost nobody in house or senate voted against.  were signed into law by obama.  trump contribution were rubber stamping the continuation o' existing va choice.  continuing to take credit... offends.

and as far as the wall...

*chuckle*

finish the wall is the new slogan?  ain't even got one new mile built.  finish is a bit quixotic given the realities, no?

https://www.newsweek.com/ann-coulter-donald-trump-border-wall-1328714

'course the real problems is just ahead for trump and is complete unrelated to wall or va or whatever.  congressional investigations will be a real headache and mueller will be an annoyance, but am suspecting ny attorney general will be the most serious legal problem for trump long-term.  ny ag office ain't gonna care who trump hires or fires and congressional partisan politics will be not even a blip on radar for ag office. however, the biggest issue for trump is gonna be china economic slowdown.  

for the past couple years, trump has been taking credit for US economy in spite o' fact his policies has had little impact thus far-- presidents always get too much blame for bad economy so am admitting is only fair for 'em to take undeserved credit. typical takes years for any presidential efforts to produce meaningful changes in economy save for consumer confidence, which should not be dismissed light. for example, obama massive deficit bloat is gonna be something multiple successive administrations will be needing address and such impact on economy will haunt presidents for years. more immediate, trump china policies is now exacerbating problems which were already developing and those birds is coming home to roost.  

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/videos/2019-01-22/biggest-risk-is-china-slowdown-says-institute-for-new-economic-thinking-s-turner-video

if you thought last two years were a trip beyond the looking glass, you ain't seen nothing yet.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)