The Political Thread - Browncoat edition... down with the Alliance!

Gorth

To all my fellow Americans here: https://www.bloombergquint.com/politics/another-year-another-1-trillion-in-new-debt-for-u-s-to-raise

You guys just keep on arguing about elephants vs donkeys and walls and medicare, who is going to impeach who and who tweeted what as though all that s--t was actually important. Pay no attention to me over here buying arable real estate, seed packs, ammunition, and gold buffaloes, eagles and maple leafs and silver polar bears.

Tick tock tick tock....

Shhhhh... You're talking too much truth.

From 00:30 to 01:01 he is dead on the money!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXdbRGBUifk

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Is the Speaker of the UK Parliament the best ring announcer since Michael Buffer? I think so.

Ayyyyyes to the left twooooo hundred and EIGHTY nine. Noooooooos to the right threeeeeee hundred and twenty ONE. The Noooooooooos have it, the nooooooooos have it. UNLOCK!!!! Next amendment from Rrrrrraaaaaaachel Rrrrrrreeeeeeves...

So, I assume Bolton showing that note was an odd attempt at a threat to Maduro ? 

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

It seems 2-dimensional coded npc's have more political logic than we are a human race. We just possess political nonsense, for we have yet to solve the mystery of time ane space. How is that?

It's humanity's lowest point in which whereas we assume to know but have nothing for show. In this essence, we believe in something.

https://youtu.be/6nNYYZfYflE

More political greatness in games. We as consumers should be so lucky to experience being forced into having some hidden political agenda shoved down our throats. It is a privilege, we should enjoy it while we can instead of some who whine about it because they are weak and can't handle other's opinions or perspective.

I love the generation of media we are in :) CW shows are doing an amazing job at it by including just abiut everything they can. Just a prime example, and they have some similar things like the Fallout vid.

Edited by SonicMage117

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

So, I assume Bolton showing that note was an odd attempt at a threat to Maduro ? 

I hope orange man goes through with it and deploys to Venezuela. Another quagmire is just what the US economy needs, and I'm sure their popular support in Latin America would increase at least tenfold. Euro allies would also look fantastic supporting the move, not to mention Justin "if you kill your enemies, they win" Trudeau.

Shame about the millions of dead and displaced, but hey, that's the price of progress.

Edited by 213374U

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I hope orange man goes through with it and deploys to Venezuela. Another quagmire is just what the US economy needs, and I'm sure their popular support in Latin America would increase at least tenfold. Euro allies would also look fantastic supporting the move, not to mention Justin "if you kill your enemies, they win" Trudeau.

Shame about the millions of dead and displaced, but hey, that's the price of progress.

And maybe they can form a MAGA Legion so they can spare top tier troops :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Whoa there cowboy. I'm pretty sure these badasses can do some serious damage.

nazi-daily-stormer-internet-censorship.j

• Like 1

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Just all kinds of sad, that photo.

Like how the old lady with white hair reacted at 0:55: "Oh snap, he just got spanked, hard."

"From about the 1930s to 1960s" = otherwise known as the "Golden Age" of America in terms of economic growth and prosperity, which supposedly was the era when America was "Great".

Edited by ktchong
  • Like 1

Whoa there cowboy. I'm pretty sure these badasses can do some serious damage.

nazi-daily-stormer-internet-censorship.j

Where is his chin?
  • Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

To be frank, what a load of old bollocks.

PR and politics 101 is to repeat what you want to be true ad nauseum because some people will believe anything if told it authoritatively enough times- and those who won't, won't believe it anyway. Every single politician in existence does that and a quick viewing of any interview will show politicians saying what they want to be true and repeatedly answering the questions they wanted asked rather than the ones that were actually asked. Trump wants 3 million illegal voters all voting D because it would mean he won the popular vote, not because he's going to send them to the ovens or deport them in cattle carts, indeed his compromise proposals involved most illegals having a path to citizenship.

Goebbels, Hitler and pals said Jews caused Germany's WW1 defeat because that's what they wanted to be true as it meant Germany was still Undefeated Champion stabbed in the back treacherously by [convenient enemy] rather than getting curb stomped fair and square; and it's little different from the far more mainstream theory that civilians in general caused Germany's defeat by not being hard enough and just quietly starving to death; but that discourages many people from voting for you as you're saying it's their fault. US claimed Iraq had WMD because they wanted that to be true and knew that enough people would believe it if they repeated it enough times from enough sources, May claims her Brexit plan is the only one possible because she wants that to be true (in that case, it probably is, but that's coincidental not fundamental), Democrats claim repeatedly that Hillary lost because of Russians not because she was dreadful, Bolsonaro repeatedly claims that all of Brazil's problems are due to Lula and friends, Israel claims all Palestinians they kill are terrorists, Soviets claimed only to kill enemies of the state involved in grand conspiracies against the revolution etc etc.

You can literally project whatever you want onto each of those. Clearly the US producing a load of cow pats to justify the war on Iraq was a smokescreen for their clandestine creation of ISIS and the death of 100,000s of people, and thus anyone else who talks about chemical weapons to justify attacks in the future wants to recreate ISIS and wants to kill millions. Yeah, nah, they fudged or outright fabricated the evidence for the invasion using tactics Goebbels would have been proud of, but that doesn't make them literally nazis; it just means that everyone uses the same PR tactics including literally literally nazis.

• Like 3

Nazis also wore uniforms - anyone wearing uniform is nazi, clearly

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Bollocks? Honestly I think both that sentiment and yours both rings true. You're basically saying the same thing.

The line "Fascism is the opposite of conservatism because it refuses to acknowledge reality as a limitation of the scope of human will." Does raise some eye brows.

Fascism being the opposite of conservatism is for all intents and purposes a meaningless proposition. Set theoretically or otherwise. I think the intent though is to say fascism is notably different from conservatism in some particular way. That way being the claim that reality limits the scope of human will, and it refuses to acknowledge reality as such.

We know that reality often doesn't always limit the scope of human will. In the way that it does limit us, we can do nothing about it. Well, then what about falsely reporting reality to justify drawing the conclusions we want based on the distributed morals and reasoning that everyone already holds. Feed the system with false parameters in essence. Which is actually acknowledging reality and bending an internal aspect of it. What Zorapter is getting at is that everybody does this including conservatives. Ultimately the real difference is not between Nazi's or Conservatives, but one of consequential vs deontological ideological imperatives. Fascism tends to be very consequentialist, justifying it's means for an ends. That ends is a consolation of power, and relies on high population homogeneity through which it can easily distribute it's will. Conservatism tends to be very deontological, kantian essentially, relying on people to be self-maintaining and self-supporting. One can freely associate with conservative institutions, but ultimate the institution might still warp reality to serves its interests at the expense of another equally conservative institution that competes for resources.

It's a bit ironic that this guy invokes Hannah Ardent then basically draws the conclusion he wants to be making all along. It only sounds like it's an indictment of fascism, but instead its a vindication of conservatism in a way in which conservatism is undeserving.

At the same time liberals can't ignore false facts being dispersed, they still have to be engaged for those who wish to seek, use truth will have to have reliable ways to maintain truth.

• Like 1

Pfff..., couldn't help laughing a bit. The article went fine until the 'conservatism' part came out of nowhere, not related to anything in the article really. I guess asking someone to define 'conservative values' is as futile as asking someone to define what makes a crpg a role playing game.

I finally did find out what the heck a maga hat is though. Google ftw.

Edit: I guess reading the article was sort of like

Uh huh...

Sure...

Yeah...

Humm...

Say wut???

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Prepare to be "saved"!

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

US to withdraw from INF Treaty in 180 days if Russia doesn't do, well, it's irrelevant since no one actually knows if Russia has the system it's accused of while the US has definitely been violating it for at least two years (and by the text itself, for literally literally decades).

And since no one in the media has bothered to read the treaty, craftily hidden away as it is on the State.gov website, some selected highlights for those who get their geopolitical analysis solely from the stupid, lazy, paid off, or all three simultaneously journalist polity.

Article III

2. The term "cruise missile" means an unmanned, self-propelled vehicle that sustains flight through the use of aerodynamic lift over most of its flight path. The term "ground-launched cruise missile (GLCM)" means a ground-launched cruise missile that is a weapon-delivery vehicle.[..]

This text obviously includes drones. Doubt it was intended to, but a drone is 100% an unmanned self propelled vehicle that sustains flight through the use of aerodynamic lift and is in the case of Reaper/ Predator etc a weapon delivery vehicle. No way to weasel it.

8. The term "missile operating base" means:

(a) in the case of intermediate-range missiles, a complex of facilities, located within a deployment area, at which intermediate-range missiles and launchers of such missiles normally operate, in which support structures associated with such missiles and launchers are also located and in which support equipment associated with such missiles and launchers is normally located; and

Article IV

1. Each Party shall eliminate all its intermediate-range missiles and launchers of such missiles, and all support structures and support equipment of the categories listed in the Memorandum of Understanding associated with such missiles and launchers, so that no later than three years after entry into force of this Treaty and thereafter no such missiles, launchers, support structures or support equipment shall be possessed by either Party.

This is blatantly violated by Aegis Ashore and it's tomahawk capable VLS. Note again, being merely nuclear capable and not using that capability/ not having warheads is not enough for compliance, otherwise every single launcher would be compliant including the one the Russians are accused of having- just by saying that you don't have nuclear warheads for it. Conventional ground based launchers and missiles are banned; and that 100% includes Tomahawk launchers based on land. Yet all you'll get from the media is some mumbling about Russian claims, when their accusations are extremely easy to verify as being true, if you can be bothered to.

Note again again, since no one in the media seems to want to mention it, 'nuclear' missiles only being covered is not specified at any point in the treaty text. Conventional missiles and launchers are banned same as nuclear, anyone with even vestigial knowledge of military matters knows anything else would be pointless.

And of course China, while not bound by it, couldn't get close to hitting either western Europe or mainland US with ground based IRMs. The threat there is entirely from China, uh, treacherously putting their country near US bases in a dangerous escalation?

Edited by Zoraptor
  • Like 1