The Political Thread - Browncoat edition... down with the Alliance!

Gorth

Conservatives:

No big government

Power grab by president is not only bad but unconstitutional

Forcing private land owners give up their land is not only bad but tyranny which needs to be resisted with arms

Trump: I want billions for wall on Mexico-USA border from which large parts would be build on private lands regardless of what said land's owners say and I am willing to use my presidential powers to shut down government if my demands aren't met.

Conservatives:

You are our new messiah, show us the way.

:devil:

I can't even remember when "conservatives" were for smaller government. Not since 1988 at least. 

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Considering how many "conservative" talking heads I've seen declaring victory or spinning it as a small battle in a long war added to how nothing so far has really stuck to Donny John, I'm skeptical that he is anywhere close to done politically.

Edited by ShadySands

Free games updated 3/4/21

He's been a laughably pathetic manbaby his entire term - this might be a black eye, but who else is his base going to turn to? ...Of course, the reasons that I see him as a pathetic manbaby (see almost literally everything on his Twitter...sigh) aren't the same that his base might, so I guess I don't know for certain. The amount of machismo about him "caving" is really stupid, though - when did being able to compromise and admit you were wrong become completely synonymous with weakness in our society? It's such an awful attitude to have, for literally everybody. Not that anyone should be singing his praise or doing somersaults for very temporarily ending something he started over something so stupid (that he really should've been fighting his own party with two freaking years ago when they controlled the House - funny how it only became an issue the moment Democrats controlled it), but goodness gracious, the tribalism is getting so freaking insane.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

He's been a laughably pathetic manbaby his entire term - this might be a black eye, but who else is his base going to turn to? ...Of course, the reasons that I see him as a pathetic manbaby (see almost literally everything on his Twitter...sigh) aren't the same that his base might, so I guess I don't know for certain. The amount of machismo about him "caving" is really stupid, though - when did being able to compromise and admit you were wrong become completely synonymous with weakness in our society? It's such an awful attitude to have, for literally everybody. Not that anyone should be singing his praise or doing somersaults for very temporarily ending something he started over something so stupid (that he really should've been fighting his own party with two freaking years ago when they controlled the House - funny how it only became an issue the moment Democrats controlled it), but goodness gracious, the tribalism is getting so freaking insane.

Society? I thought we were talking about politics?

Sorry to differ with you guys but he is done. The only thing that saves him is a SCOTUS fight if RBG steps down or another Hillary Clinton-esque candidacy. Had his opponent been literally any other democrat (with the exceptions of Warren, Sanders, Pelosi, or Schumer) he would not have won in '16. He was less loved than she was hated. 

As far as where is supports would go? Home. They stay home. I vote in every election but if there is no LP candidate for President I would skip that one. Or write my own name or Mickey Mouse's in. Put the black mouse in the White House in '20!

Edited by Guard Dog

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I'm just wondering if we'll get to a point where Mueller and team finally pin something publicly on Trump. I guess for national securities sake they'd rather circle the waters and pick off the extremities of Trump's operating body, and I suppose others would rather Pence not be potus. Short of Trump pardoning himself, I don't rally see him having much of a future in the United States after all is said and done. Course he'll have that shiny new Trump Tower in Moscow to move into.

Sorry to differ with you guys but he is done. The only thing that saves him is a SCOTUS fight if RBG steps down or another Hillary Clinton-esque candidacy. Had his opponent been literally any other democrat (with the exceptions of Warren, Sanders, Pelosi, or Schumer) he would not have won in '16. He was less loved than she was hated. 

As far as where is supports would go? Home. They stay home. I vote in every election but if there is no LP candidate for President I would skip that one. Or write my own name or Mickey Mouse's in. Put the black mouse in the White House in '20!

Politics, society as a whole, both really.

At this point, it seems like RBG will fight to literally her last breath than let Trump appoint another SCJ. We'll see how that turns out.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

Course he'll have that shiny new Trump Tower in Moscow to move into.

The ironic thing is that despite all the collusion talk he won't be going to Trump Tower Moscow as president or privatus any time soon; since despite him wanting to build it for decades it never even got approved.

Thomas Sowell

I am not convinced Trump won't find some way to spin this. He was on tape talking about grabbing women by the kitty right before the election, and still won. He defies logic.

Our president seems to be smarter than his doubters and opposition, that's key. It's like watching a superhero without powers (Batman/IronMan) survive attacks from heroes WITH powers (Superman) and mocking them for not being able to do anything about it. Or to be fairly accurate, The SJW/Liberals are like the Hulk in that they are loud and alot of people make up the body but they are also slow or, not very smart but yet claim our president (a successful millionaire with an empire log before getting involved with politics, isn't intelligent).

Strangely, looking at this strictly from a non-republican/democratic side, our enemy is not foreign countries and relations but our own people, in it's division, we watch as President Trump TRiUMPs.

But yeah, he will easily survive it and I doubt he's even worried about the American people's reaction, after all it won't damage him in any way. I mean, It's not like he's going to say "Wah, we didn't win this time so I'm moving out of the country" like democrats did when he won the election.

Edited by SonicMage117

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Congressman (Republican) Walter Jones in hospice: https://www.witn.com/content/news/FIRST-ON-WITN-Congressman-Walter-Jones-in-hospice-504916912.html

Known for being a genuine and principled moderate, he's pretty well considered even among progressives - a little bit of a unicorn in this day and age. Sad to hear, and best of luck to the man and his family.

Edited by Bartimaeus

I am not convinced Trump won't find some way to spin this. He was on tape talking about grabbing women by the kitty right before the election, and still won. He defies logic.

Our president seems to be smarter than his doubters and opposition, that's key. It's like watching a superhero without powers (Batman/IronMan) survive attacks from heroes WITH powers (Superman) and mocking them for not being able to do anything about it. 

I'm sorry, but in the light of a cold and dispassionate analysis I really do not see how you can arrive at this conclusion.  Picking an unwise fight is bad enough. Picking an unwise fight you are clearly not prepared to win at all cost that leaves you publicly humiliated? That is not the outcome of someone smarter than they seem. This was Batman with no mask or utility belt. Ironman with no suit. 

Thomas Sowell

Based on bad memory, but iirc. he didn't even want this fight in the first place until he felt encouraged by a number of republicans, after which it became this all or nothing, poorly thought out (typical for Trump) bar brawl with the democrats and partial government shutdowns. It's like the fight is more important to him than the cause and the results.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

When Dems and Repubs fight they should go out.   Settlements never work out. Ther eis a winner and a loser. Trump was a loser here. You can't (or shouldn't) negotiate with thoise who want to murder you. LMAO

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I would argue Trumps political demise started when the Republicans lost the House, I noticed a real change in his bravado and confidence. It was diminished but nuanced 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

it's going to be HILARIOUS when the Dems run Hillary again in 2020. They'll just screw over whoever would have been the nominee they way they did Bernie in 2016.

Anyway, I'm done with the 2 traditional parties. They're crooks, criminals, hypocrites, and liars; Trump, Pelosi, all of them. Occasionally you will get a young upstart who makes waves and gets into the house or the senate with a good heart and good intentions, but they inevitably either get chewed up and spit out or they get corrupted as they sell more and more of their values to either maintain their seat or try to move up. I don't particularly care what nominees the 2 criminal organizations put forth. And let's make no bones about this, that is what the democratic and republican parties are, they are criminal organizations. It doesn't matter who is nominated and who is elected, they all get their palms greased by the same ****ing lobbyists.

Anyway, who is in the running for the libertarians? Are we still looking at Kokesh, Weld, and Vohra?

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

it's going to be HILARIOUS when the Dems run Hillary again in 2020. They'll just screw over whoever would have been the nominee they way they did Bernie in 2016.

Anyway, I'm done with the 2 traditional parties. They're crooks, criminals, hypocrites, and liars; Trump, Pelosi, all of them. Occasionally you will get a young upstart who makes waves and gets into the house or the senate with a good heart and good intentions, but they inevitably either get chewed up and spit out or they get corrupted as they sell more and more of their values to either maintain their seat or try to move up. I don't particularly care what nominees the 2 criminal organizations put forth. And let's make no bones about this, that is what the democratic and republican parties are, they are criminal organizations. It doesn't matter who is nominated and who is elected, they all get their palms greased by the same ****ing lobbyists.

Anyway, who is in the running for the libertarians? Are we still looking at Kokesh, Weld, and Vohra?

What a fresh idea.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I have not seen any evidence that systems with many parties actually operate any better. It seems that an even smaller portion of the population ends up controlling everything as the vote gets split so much. I suppose those systems become less polarized though as there is more solidarity among all the disparate groups.

Yeah, go on, waste your vote.

As long as President Trump doesn't get impeached, he still wins. And he won't get impeached because he still has more support than against. Even after all this that is going on. They simply don't have the power to impeach him.

And yes, that's why I don't vote. Everything is controlled and the people refuse to believe it. They'll blame hackers, double voters and other things when they don't get their way but in their ignorance refusing to believe or accept that the government is further schwering them over.

We as Americas citizens tend to think we actually have an opinion or a voice. History has only proven opposite. Why people have false hope, it only sets them up for disappointment and need to vent through the internet.

Edited by SonicMage117

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

There's no guarantee that adding more parties to the mix would help matters at all, but I'd like to see it given a chance since I'm 100% sure that the current 2 party system is broken (for the general populace, it works wonderfully for the politicians in said 2 parties).

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

This man makes alot of good points. Alternative facts are useless and when getting exposed as alternative facts, people will yell.

What happened to actual knowledge of politics?

Yeah, go on, waste your vote.

As long as President Trump doesn't get impeached, he still wins. And he won't get impeached because he still has more support than against. Even after all this that is going on. They simply don't have the power to impeach him.

And yes, that's why I don't vote. Everything is controlled and the people refuse to believe it. They'll blame hackers, double voters and other things when they don't get their way but in their ignorance refusing to believe or accept that the government is further schwering them over.

We as Americas citizens tend to think we actually have an opinion or a voice. History has only proven opposite. Why people have false hope, it only sets them up for disappointment and need to vent through the internet.

OMG! Reading that last sentence after what you wrote in the others was incredibly funny. Sometimes I wonder if you are secretly posting satire sarcasm and just no one has picked up on it yet. If so... genius. And if the irony is lost on you well... it was still funny!

Thomas Sowell

OMG! Reading that last sentence after what you wrote in the others was incredibly funny. Sometimes I wonder if you are secretly posting satire sarcasm and just no one has picked up on it yet. If so... genius. And if the irony is lost on you well... it was still funny!

It wasn't sarcasm or satire, not sure what you mean. Maybe my english was bad which is why I said before that english isn't my primaral language but sounds like you're trying to say that my last sentence somehow contradicts everything else I said which it clearly doesn't.

It's often that people will make up things or excuses in order to support or validate the hope that they have made. In politics, the hope is often false because is not politics built upon lies in the first place? Manipulation by congress to the peoples isn't anything new and that's why I have chosen to further get involved on this forum but not alligned in any politics as a whole.