The Political Thread - Browncoat edition... down with the Alliance!

Gorth

As someone who leans more toward the left, Imma ask...

Should we trust this source in the age where leftist extremists call themselves "unbiased" and manipulate statistics?

My gut tells me don't believe everything I read. Esp if it's on the net and even moreso when it comes to politics.

"Hello there fellow leftists. I am very left-wing. Just the most left-wing guy you can imagine. By the way, have you noticed how everybody on the left is an evil lying extremist?"

:lol:

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Stalinism or bust you Trockyiest scum

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

No beard though. Then again, a quick check on wiki shows that he 'converted' (if you will) to Communism in his late 20's/early 30's and just about all images of him that I've seen are of him in his later years.

marx.jpg

He was dark and short, would probably look more like Bruno Mars than generic anime hero.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Three things have happened today:

FBI arrested Roger Stones and raided his home.  Mueller charged Stones with some serious indictments that, if Stones is convicted, he will spend the rest of his life in prison, (unless Trump pardons Stones.)

The FAA halted flights at a New York airport - IMO, it is a message to Trump that if he does not end the shutdown, they will shut down more airports and bring the country and economy to heel.

Donald Trump ends the shutdown.  He is not getting the money for his wall, so he lost the standoff.   Pelosi and Schumer has been holding press conferences and (subtlely) gloating.    No wall money for Trump unless he declares a national emergency to get money for his wall - but if he does, then he will set a precedence that will be used by the next President, (who will most likely be a Democrat,) who will be able to declare a national emergency for climate change (which is more like an international and human extinction emergency) or gun controls (and school shootings are actual national emergencies.)

So much winning in one day.

Edited by ktchong

Ktchong,

Your font size is and pre-assumptions are more of a national emergency lol But really, You speak as if these are things that either already are something to worry about (global warming) or if they happened to the whole nation frequently and consecutively (the school shootings).

But yeah, Gun control isn't going to stop anything, you're believing the usual political bs you are fed. If someone wants a gun whether a student child or a terrorist, they'll find one - doesn't matter if the law makes it harder to obtain. Crime... finds a way.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

jesus, i have to agree again with squirrel

• Like 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

What a coincidence that this clip came out on the day when Roger Stones was arrested and charged by the FBI, and Donald Trump lost the shutdown standoff with House Democrats.

It's like, America has become Apocalypseburg under President Trump, but everything is awesome because House Democrats have worked as as team to defy Trump and now all the alt-right and MAGA trolls in here and elsewhere are so triggered.

Edited by ktchong
  • Like 1

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/ann-coulter-on-trump-during-bill-maher-interview-he-promised-something-for-18-months-and-he-lied-about-it

Anne Coulter is very angry with Trump for his acquiescence around ending the government shutdown, well done Trump. Implementing the shutdown and  expecting Democrats to pay $5 billion was misplaced and an epic waste of time 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

https://vaaju.com/serbiaeng/****-marty-the-hague-removed-the-evidence-i-was-surprised/

https://www.b92.net/eng/news/crimes.php?yyyy=2019&mm=01&dd=15&nav_id=105987

About Hague removing evidence regarding Human organ trafficking in Kosovo (Yellow Houses), because "it didn't serve any purpose".

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

Some takeaways from the shutdown:

• This is what happens when you don't pass a damned BUDGET like they are SUPPOSED to do every year. 
  • It was a stupid fight over a bad idea
  • The cost of the construction was less than 20% of the amount of foreign aid to nations whose citizens are in armed conflict with the US right now or who are driving their own people to flee to the US.  
  • If shutting down 25% of the Federal government has caused this much aggravation it is an object lesson that Leviathan is way out of control.
  • Donald Trump is done politically. He's road kill now. Not for shutting the government down. For opening it back up and getting nothing, nothing at all for doing it. He has been publicly castrated and Nancy Pelosi is now wearing his testicles as earrings. 

That list one is neither good nor bad. When you have to choose between two devils no matter which you pick you are still in hell.  

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Donald Trump ends the shutdown.  He is not getting the money for his wall, so he lost the standoff.   Pelosi and Schumer has been holding press conferences and (subtlely) gloating.    No wall money for Trump unless he declares a national emergency to get money for his wall - but if he does, then he will set a precedence that will be used by the next President, (who will most likely be a Democrat,) who will be able to declare a national emergency for climate change (which is more like an international and human extinction emergency) or gun controls (and school shootings are actual national emergencies.)

So much winning in one day.

Lion%2Bfacepalm.jpg

Thomas Sowell

Aren't America terrorists though?

That reminds of when I read one of the most stupidest things on the net, which went something like:

"God bless America is like alahu akbar"

Some peeps just don't have a brain I guess.

America is Amanda Waller and all the countries we deal with are essentially a Suicide Squad. For now they are under America's grace but when they step outta line... BAM!!! The button gets pressed.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

https://vaaju.com/serbiaeng/****-marty-the-hague-removed-the-evidence-i-was-surprised/

https://www.b92.net/eng/news/crimes.php?yyyy=2019&mm=01&dd=15&nav_id=105987

About Hague removing evidence regarding Human organ trafficking in Kosovo (Yellow Houses), because "it didn't serve any purpose".

Western Powers: "We need a system of international justice!"

Also Western Powers: "It shouldn't apply to us or our clients!"

US: "Hague Invasion Act"

To be specific the suppression of Kosovan acts of ethnic cleansing and organ trafficking was because as the occupying power NATO would be responsible for both, and we simply cannot have NATO being prosecuted for war crimes. That isn't good optics, and might lead to people questioning all sorts of things we'd prefer they didn't. Instead we must pretend that nothing happened.

What are the best on Trump getting primaried?

3:2.

Edited by Guard Dog

Thomas Sowell

I'm not sure folks not in the US realize what just happened yesterday. The border wall fight was ill advised. But capitulating and allowing Pelosi and Schumer their opportunity to actually gloat about it publicly? He's done. The only thing he had was the "I'm tired of wimpy Republicans caving in to the evil democrats" MAGA hat wearing base. As far as most of them are concerned he sold them out. The "establishment" Republicans never liked him. The Democrats hate him. And those on the fence just watched him get publicly castrated.  He has no friends now. His only shot at re-election is if the Democrats nominate someone as repulsive as Hillary Clinton. And they have more than a few in their stables.

He offered them things they have been wanting for several administrations and they still said no. If I had been advising him during this mess I'd have told him to shut down even more. Order all Coast Guard and Naval Vessels to berth. suspend military Ops, shutter every agency including the FBI, NSA, HSA, IRS, etc. Suspend pay and privilidges for Congress & his own admin including himself. Close Camp David, the SCOTUS, the Federal Courts, all of it. Then every hour tweet the name, e-mail, office mail address and phone number of a Democrat congressional rep and ask the public to call, mail, or e-mail them. Yes this would have been a "nuclear" option and likely harmed the country. But he is in a knife fight that he picked. It's not even about the wall or not building the wall. It's just about winning the knife fight. If I were advising him I'd have quoted Churchill to him "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

Of course THIS is WHY you don't get in knife fights.

Now as I have said before this was not worth fighting over in the first place. It's a pretty poor idea to build a wall. Not because walls are not effective. They do increase the difficulty of the crossing and it will discourage some. But the reason it's a bad idea is it is trying to solve a problem by attacking the supply. If the "war on drugs" has taught us anything (it hasn't) The key is to attack the demand. Why is illegal immigrant labor in demand? It's cheap. You don't have to pay them benefits. They don't count as employees for tax and regulatory purpose. Fix THAT and you solve the problem.

How? Easy. Work Visas for anyone and everyone. They become legal workers who must be paid the minimum wage or higher, receive benefits if applicable AND pay taxes. And make citizenship unobtainable from a work visa. To apply for citizenship they would have to apply to the US embassy from their home country like any other immigrant.  Now they are all legal, no longer paid slaves, and no longer living in fear of the "knock on the door". Since there is no economic advantage of hiring a immigrant who might go home at any time they become less attractive so the demand will drop. 

See? Wasn't that easy? It will never happen though. The Republicans want to keep them illegal because their doners love slave labor and their voters have been convinced they should be afraid of them The Democrats want to turn them all into citizens because they think they will vote Democrat. So neither of the one major party we have will go for it. Too bad. It would work and be very "American" (free market and freedom loving at once) in the process.

• Like 3

Thomas Sowell

I don't believe the president is finished yet because the wall doesn't define President Trump or his term. It's one of the less important things in his political career but democrats are spinning this to make it seem like he hasn't accomplished anything and never will.

But well, republicans aren't finished yet, Democrats always return the favor by messing things up as well so I'm not sure why people are actung like the war of Republican vs Democrat is over.

Even if President Trump isn't re-elected next term and say he ends up being replaced by a democrat and the office and senate gets filled with democrats, democrats will mess up just as bad but it likely won't be televised or mocked such volumes because you know, the liberals and sjw's will find something to whine about and make their mistakes into a "victimized" cause ;)

I could only imagine how horrble it would be and since demos are even more divisive among themselves - sometimes even more division than against their actual enemy the Republicans. That just further validates and proves my point.

Conservatives:

No big government

Power grab by president is not only bad but unconstitutional

Forcing private land owners give up their land is not only bad but tyranny which needs to be resisted with arms

Trump: I want billions for wall on Mexico-USA border from which large parts would be build on private lands regardless of what said land's owners say and I am willing to use my presidential powers to shut down government if my demands aren't met.

Conservatives:

You are our new messiah, show us the way.

:devil:

• Like 1

Western Powers: "We need a system of international justice!"

Also Western Powers: "It shouldn't apply to us or our clients!"

US: "Hague Invasion Act"

To be specific the suppression of Kosovan acts of ethnic cleansing and organ trafficking was because as the occupying power NATO would be responsible for both, and we simply cannot have NATO being prosecuted for war crimes. That isn't good optics, and might lead to people questioning all sorts of things we'd prefer they didn't. Instead we must pretend that nothing happened.

Hague was a nice bow tie on their present to the Balkans. They legitimized their involvement in the whole conflict and made sure they came out squeaky clean in the end. The only thing that they missed is not having invaded outright, now they have a sore thumb right in their back yard that is chummy with the Russians and the Chinese.

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP