(Is it too late to post in this thread? New to the forums ) I'm at the start of the game and she reminds me of Rogue from X-men too much lol. But Idk, she's 27 but acts 15. I remember someone mentioned "waifu personality" before...
Can you do fine without a priest? Just got Teheku as a druid/chanter, is that a good support substitute? 

Loved Durance btw, though it took me quite a while, so I guess I could still come to like Xoti, but I have less room in my party this time.

...Oh and yeah I dislike Linzi in Kingmaker, she just met me and the companions and talks like they're "besties" for a long time, her loading screen text gets me rolling my eyes all the time. It feels forced to me.

• Like 1

waifu aint accurate i feel. waifus are essentially objects. xotis the one doing the objectifying. in her mind, shes the protagonist, not the harem.

if u need another priest, get vatnir from harbingers watch. paladins, chanters and druids are all as good, even better, healers. priests are more about emergency intervention, buffs/debuffs and salvation of time.

I AM A RENISANCE MAN

Lol I know what swearing is, I haven't heard her swear much less as early as you can get the dialogue option which is essentially immediately.

She says "Hel" often, which in many Midwestern/Southern religious circles is still considered a no-no if used as an expletive.

Hmm I just started a new playthrough and don't remember her saying it much if at all early on. That specific dialogue option seems really out of place.

Both, in a sense.

Hel (POE) is likely inspired by the Hel from Nordic mythology. It's a ... less pleasant location in the afterlife.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hel_(location)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hel_(being) (Also dramatized by Cate Blanchett in Thor:Ragnarok)

Goshdarnit, I need to read up on my mythology.

Edited by Frak
  • Like 1

Nerf Troubadour!

Well I appreciate the responses. It makes more sense, but not total sense :p

Keep in mind that she comes from a super religious backgrund. Even commonly used expletives (Jesus Christ!) might be considered highly inappropriate in some circles. She did use "Hel" a lot, which does have similar annotations as ours use of "Hell" - being both used as a swear word, and potential curse if one would take it seriously: "Go to hell!" is a rather serious offence, if one believes a land of fire and torture exists. So yeah, for Xoti to commonly use "Hel" is something to point out. She used it a lot, at least when I recruited her. 

• Like 2

(Is it too late to post in this thread? New to the forums ) I'm at the start of the game and she reminds me of Rogue from X-men too much lol. But Idk, she's 27 but acts 15. I remember someone mentioned "waifu personality" before...

Can you do fine without a priest? Just got Teheku as a druid/chanter, is that a good support substitute? 

Loved Durance btw, though it took me quite a while, so I guess I could still come to like Xoti, but I have less room in my party this time.

...Oh and yeah I dislike Linzi in Kingmaker, she just met me and the companions and talks like they're "besties" for a long time, her loading screen text gets me rolling my eyes all the time. It feels forced to me.

I have decided to take on Tekehu, i'd never actually picked up the character before and he is pretty cool.

I like his boastful arrogance, he's like the Johnny Bravo of Eora.

• Like 2

nowt

I have decided to take on Tekehu, i'd never actually picked up the character before and he is pretty cool.

I like his boastful arrogance, he's like the Johnny Bravo of Eora.

Everyone has his/her preferences. I personally really can’t stomach Takehu.
  • Like 1

• 2 years later...
  • 5 months later...

A friend told me what Xoti is. Durance was good enough took him into the group for the first time, all next playhtrough he his good enough to take a bath in Skaens hot tub and give my Watchers boni.

But I won't let Xoti break my Eder. He already has a hard time with his new, incompetent author. (Eder does not bother anymore his brother. The author just dropped this thread for no reason to have Eder chasing some unknown brat.)

To be honest, I still like Alistair (from DAO) better than Eder, because at least Alistair admits that he cares about the Warden. Eder is just suddenly there, we don't know how he found out about the events in Caed Nur in Dyrfurt. Why Eder helped the Watcher, we do not know. How Eder and the Steward knew that the Watcher was not yet dead and had to stay near the statue, we do not know. How Eder found the ship plus crew, we do not know.

At the moment Xoti is in the Gurn temple from Neketaka. Can I kill her without any negative impact?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Dukemon said:

He already has a hard time with his new, incompetent author. (Eder does not bother anymore his brother. The author just dropped this thread for no reason to have Eder chasing some unknown brat.)

This is the same author for the 2 games, Eric Fenstermaker. 

And I think you’re in a very bad position to call a writer incompetent, given that in my opinion you didn’t even understand Eder’s writing.
In the first game, Eder is lost, he doesn’t know what to do and is even ready to let himself die. Why? Simply because he no longer has any reference: his brother and Eothas were the two important figures for him, but these two figures disappeared and acted in an incomprehensible way for Eder. Eder is someone who needs a guide and that’s what the Watcher will become for him in the first game. Because the farmer is not someone who aspires to greatness but he will participate in great acts by following our character.
During POE1, Eder will become loyal to Watcher and participate in his great quest, while helping people because he is a benevolent person. He will understand that he too can help people at his level, that’s what he tells us at the beginning of POE2. Thus, during the first game, Eder learned to do without landmarks, he discovered the true nature of the Gods and learned that he could never really know what had gone through his brother’s head.
So that’s why Eder does not mention his brother in POEII, because he has evolved, the author explores other themes of the character in the game.

8 hours ago, Dukemon said:

How Eder and the Steward knew that the Watcher was not yet dead and had to stay near the statue, we do not know. How Eder found the ship plus crew, we do not know.

Did you play to the game ? This is literally mentioned in the first few hours.

Edited by Ordo!

1 hour ago, Ordo! said:

This is the same author for the 2 games, Eric Fenstermaker. 

Yes, sorry for that. But Eder felt very diffrent to his character from PoE1. 

When I read in forums that Eder and Xoti could somehow become a couple... o.O
If I marry Alistair to Anora in DAO, at least I know it will work out, although I'm happy to spare him this. Eder and Xoti are just creepy.

In one playthrough Eder becomes mayor for Dyrford but he has the time to go on a journey? In a few lines we hear what he did there, but how he suddenly grabs the corpse of the Watcher and with the steward they go out to sea.

1 hour ago, Ordo! said:

Did you play to the game ? This is literally mentioned in the first few hours.

We see that the Watcher wakes up in the cabin where Eder is sleeping and the steward is standing.
The Prolog has previously told us what happened, but Eder is not mentioned at all. He is somehow there, whatever the outcome in the first game. Where the ship and crew come from, or how they come to the conclusion that the Watcher stays alive when they follow the statue, I'm not sure where that was explained. That an Eder recognises a body whose soul is missing, forget it, that's what PoE1 was about. However, there is no explanation for the decision to follow the statue. And than, where did the time come from to hire a ship and a crew? Did Eothas politely wait until Caed Nur was ready to travel?

Edited by Dukemon
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dukemon said:

In one playthrough Eder becomes mayor for Dyrford but he has the time to go on a journey? In a few lines we hear what he did there, but how he suddenly grabs the corpse of the Watcher and with the steward they go out to sea.

He is loyal to the Watcher and this Watcher is near-dead, so yes he left is position of mayor. I don't see how it is unbelievable ?

10 minutes ago, Dukemon said:

We see that the Watcher wakes up in the cabin where Eder is sleeping and the steward is standing.
The Prolog has previously told us what happened, but Eder is not mentioned at all. He is somehow there, whatever the outcome in the first part. Where the ship and crew come from, or how they come to the conclusion that the Watcher stays alive when they follow the statue, I'm not sure where that was explained.

They literally say that the farther Eothas went, the more the Watcher seemed to weaken. That plus the fact that Eothas probably absorbed the souls of Caed Nua, the conclusion that we should follow him seems natural to me.
And as he was going to sea, he had to find an emergency ship, which they did with the remaining money.
Honestly, I don’t understand what the problem is in that?