Hello,

I am trying to beat this boss at the moment with a full party of 5 and having big troubles :) I know that will be hard, but now please let me solves the puzzle.

I am playing on veteran mode.

Tank - Eder - warrior- I have 14 armor with Patinated plate on. The deflection is around 127 I think and the boss still crit me.

Me- mage

Tekehu- druid

Aloth - mage/rogue

Xoti- priest

Eder can tank him with stoneskin potion and the hardy buff from Xoti fro some time, but still dying in around 2-3 mins.

Please, can You propose some equipment required for the tank, also how to do damage to this guy...it's almost impossible it seems.

Thanks

Regards!

Edited by Honoric

The best damage type for this boss is shock, so Essence Interrupter and Lord Darryn's Voulge are good weapons to use. That chant that summons skeletons can help to distract it, and Rekvu's Scorched Cloak to mitigate the fire damage. I haven't beaten the boss yet myself, so take all that with a pinch of salt :)

I tried several build items on Eder as a tank, but no luck. Dorudugan still crits me with 150 deflection. True, my armor is a bit low - 12 crush-14 pierce-16 fire.

I have the bad feeling this fight is impossible without some form of chanter - as a tank with regeneration or simply for the summons as meat shield. 

If someone have a luck with fighter tank, Eder for example, let me know.

Also, as I said in my first post - i am playing on Veteran.

You can boost your tank’s AR as follows:
+2 with the aura from the Hearth Defender’s Scale
+1 Akola’s Apex Ward
+1 Paladin’s Exalted Endurance Aura
+2 Robust (Cipher ability or Lay on Hands Upgrade)

I also had Eder use Refreshing Defense and Unbending Trunk, the latter which helped add passive healing along with Robust, Exalted Endurance, and Constant Recovery. Add in other buffs and possibly a Brilliant/Salvation of Time loop, and you should see a big difference.

Edited by DozingDragon
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

Has anyone managed to beat him in turn-based mode?

I can't find a way to avoid his bombs reliably. Someone in my party usually ends up not getting a turn to move away, and they just get one-shot.

edit: made a thread.

Edited by Cherudek

+1 Paladin’s Exalted Endurance Aura

+2 Robust (Cipher ability or Lay on Hands Upgrade)

note that these two don't stack, being both active effects. You'll only get the higher. That being said, exalted aura is much easier to have 100% uptime on, whereas unless you have a cipher with essence interrupter and lots of accuracy or a salvation of time/brilliant loop having robust uptime for such a long fight is going to be hard.

With your actual party I doubt it's possible to beat him because it's a very long fight and you will run out of resources pretty fast. Replace Aloth with a cipher and cast Ancestor Memory on everyone. With Barring Death's Door and Salvation of Time you should be able to keep your party alive.