I am at level 13 right now and I can easily buff my fortitude to 145 with Stalwart resting bonus which provides +2 might and +2 constitution and food bonus. That would be 155 against petrifying if stacked with Body Control.

I still have 1 or 2 quests left that can buff my MIG or CON, and just think about level bonus and the POE edition of Crom Faeyr which gives another +4 MIG...OMG it's unbelievable...that would be at least 170?

How could I ever be petrified or stunned with fortitude like this? I don't even need scrolls or potions!

And I took the 30-pt shield Chant at level 13, made a custom chant that combines shield and Dragon Thrashed, and that's ridiculous! Though I haven't tested it on difficult enemies I think it would make a difference...

Chanter is really OP...perhaps I should try something harder on my next play through lol

The only things that improve damage of Dragon Thrashed is MIG and INT. And crits - because they give you longer duration.

This is the case with all Damage over Time effects in Pillars. Direct dmg boosts (+x% dmg) will not work.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I take it that Chants do not benefit from talents like Beast Slayer, just like Dragon Thrashed don't get buffed by Scion of Flame, am I right?

You are right about scion of flame. Max Quest i believe has a mod that fixes that

Yeah I checked his mod, but I took Secrets of Rime instead, because Seven Nights looks really cool :D

The only things that improve damage of Dragon Thrashed is MIG and INT. And crits - because they give you longer duration.

This is the case with all Damage over Time effects in Pillars. Direct dmg boosts (+x% dmg) will not work.

Chanter seems to be not so OP in this way lol

Edited by philfromhell

Well Dragon Thrashed is overpowered in ifself. And crits giving you +50% duration is actually a 50% multiplicative dmg boost instead of the usual +50% additive one that non-DoTs get.

Edited by Boeroer

No, just the duration.

Longer duration with (most) DoTs automatically means multiplicative increase of dmg in theory. But often with DoTs "additive" or "multiplicative" make no difference because there are only MIG and INT/duration as influencers.

INT increases your dmg by 5% with a DoT while MIG only gives you +3% per attribute point. BUT: higher MIG means more dmg per tick and this helps with overcoming DR (which is usually 1/4th of the enemies DR during calculation of tick damage).

If you install a mod like that from MaxQuest that gives you +20% dmg increase for the ticks via Scion of Flame and you have an additional dmg increase from MIG (let's say 30%) then both of those additive dmg bonuses will get multiplied by the longer duration. Thus multiplicative.

With Dragon Thrashed (and most other DoTs) the rule of thumb is: stack as much MIG and INT as possible and also try to do as many crits as possible. If you want to max the dmg output that is.

Always remember: knocked out chars don't do damage. ;)

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Did a first respec at level 12 and a second one at max level. Basically I set my stats to 20/18/3/12/19/6. And I took a very interesting invocation, which is The Bride Caught Their Ruse. The plus 5 perception and 5 intellect is nice, and ofc it requires 5 phrases, so it fits longer fights quite well I guess.

Besides, I made a major change in skills. I had 8 lore before respeccing, but later I found it pointless for Chanters to use scrolls in combat. I never used one, but I can’t say for sure, because I didn’t upscale The White March, don’t know whether scrolls are needed if upscaled. But even if Chanters need one, it would be Scroll of Defense or Protection, I don’t think Chanters need offensive scrolls or moonwells, since they can always kite, or resort to Withdraw.

So I set my lore to 4, with class and background bonus, that only required 1 points invested(I didn't take Hylea's boon, but Galawain instead). Also, Stealth seems pointless as well, so I invested none, but I still have 2 stealth from story bonus. I invested almost everything into Mechanics, because I didn't have Gloves of Manipulation, and 13 Mechanics was needed to detect one spot of Durgan Ingot in WM1, which cost me a Rite of Hidden Wonders as I only had 12. Now I have 15 with story bonus, which seems much more reassuring :D