Hello guys !

I'm back for some adventuring in the deadfire archipelago.

I stopped before the 2nd dlc so I have a bunch of questions regarding the new contents (i don't fear spoilers)

-How are the new classes ?
-Are some items supercool to get in the 2 last dlcs & patches ? (for example i saw a chestpiece called crimson panoply that cost a lot but looks like it could be real nice)
-Any major bug i could encounter ?
-How much Berath Blessing points can we have now ? (is the perk Doggo for Eder worth?)

Also I think i'll go for a 10th fighter/something playthrough :

-Any new good stuff with it ?

-How's the sword "Burden" ?

etc...

So if some people have a bit of time to answer one or multiple of these questions i would be very grateful :p

Thanks in advance guys !

Edited by Veolfen

How are the new classes ?

Tactician and Blood Mage are stupidly good (though you need to be smart about using the tactician to get real good mileage out of it). Forbidden Fist is stupidly bad except in one very narrow metagaming situation that someone on the forums discovered that involves self-confuse (berserker) and equipping some boots that let you hobble yourself repeatedly for very short durations.

Bellower and Debonaire are probably a wee bit underpowered, the former because the +PL bonus is buggy or broken so only affects the invocation you're using and nothing else, the latter because the main plus is a charm that only affects kith, which means for most fights you have a lot of downsides and only one small upside (the 15% hit to graze defense if you're not afflicted).

The other classes are pretty good and fit in alright. I think there are some random non-critical bugs here and there, something about Arcane Archer not getting the right PL scaling.

Edited by thelee
  • Like 1

I want to point out that Forbidden Fist isn't deliberately bad. It's "just" bugged. I'm waiting for patch.

Elaborate?

Is it the flat +10s effect of Forbidden Fist?

Gladly.

First and foremost, when applying FF while uncursed - ie, "first time" - it doublestacks. Baed on ability description ("short curse"), damage and resolve math, you can see that instead of having a curse duration of (10s - resolvebonus), it  becomes (10s + 10s - resolvebonus). It also applies 25% extra damage to the first punch. That must be wrong, due to ability description.

I'm pretty sure that the duration of first use should be base 10 seconds minus resolvebonus.

Secondly, if using "Clarity of Agony" in order to shorten curse duration, you might end up with a persistant curse that will not expire. This is likely due to the -5 seconds that COA applies to existing hostile effects. Your curse might end with a negative duration - clearly a bug - from which there is no escaping until combat ends.

Edited by Frak
  • Like 1

Nerf Troubadour!