Request: Add Master Slaver Ships

One of the great joys of my second playthrough has been hunting down slaver ships for loot, but once Clearing Out Crookspur is completed they of course all disappear from the map, which has been the behavior since 1.0. It's great that the game now populates with expert/master level faction ships as bounties are defeated, but there isn't much incentive to engage with any of them unless I'm running a particularly faction-devoted/faction-antagonistic Watcher.

The quest resolution for Clearing Out Crookspur/Fruitful Alliance says that you've dealt a blow to slavery in the Deadfire, not eradicated it. What's the harm in tossing in a few rare master slaver ships for us to hunt once in a while? As it stands, the highest level slaver ship is level 10 and it would be really satisfying to go after some more challenging fare without having to deal with the RP/immersion repercussions of attacking core faction ships without consequence.

Whaddaya say? If not, would this be easy enough to mod?

This would be a nice touch, but I think they would have to add a new faction of "Unaligned Deadfire Slavers," to get around the reactivity of destroying the slaving operation at Crookspur. I think adding in some generic oddball ships would also be cool (ogre crews, undead crews, etc.).  

• Like 3

I dunno, they already have Rathun ships and I don't think those are associated with any kind of faction mechanism. They could just copy a Principi master ship, replace the sailors with "devoted slave" models, and call it "Deadfire Slaver Ship" on the map. Not having the word "Crookspur" attached provides the reactivity.

I like the idea of having some more diverse "oddball" ship types that aren't associated with any one faction, but that would probably require more hand-crafting/time. Like a high level bounty pack or something.

Edited by Purudaya
  • Like 1

There's a feature coming down the pipe, based on the beta patch at least, where you can accept the surrender of an enemy ship before engaging in combat, which results in the loss of reputation with the ship's assigned faction. I have not tested it out with the Rathun warships, but that's worth looking in to.