Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

So... no reactivity to garrote paladin/priest of woedica in Oswald's trial encounter

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

InsaneCommander

InsaneCommander

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2071 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Yeah, he is overreacting... I told I was sad, but personally can cope with killing some of my fellow brethen. My char is an ass anyway

I will play as a Woedica Templar one day. And when I do it, I'll just assume that my character demanded something and the others there didn't like his tone. There can be fights even among people in the same order. Maybe my character was supposed to obey the local Priests/Paladins (especially if they are higher in the hierarchy), but

Spoiler

:shrugz:

DozingDragon

DozingDragon

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 290 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

I think you could get away with just having an incredibly short conversation by letting a character that is a priest of Woedica and/or the Steel Garrote select this response at the beginning of the "interrupt the trial" conversation: "I bow to the court's judgment. Carry on."  The line is already in the game, and so is the voiced response.  But I am not sure how much fiddling with the game's dialogue files it would take to make such a change (or a mod that did the same thing).  However, I am of the opinion that this is kind of a super niche issue, and not really a big deal.  

InsaneCommander

InsaneCommander

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2071 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

I think you could get away with just having an incredibly short conversation by letting a character that is a priest of Woedica and/or the Steel Garrote select this response at the beginning of the "interrupt the trial" conversation: "I bow to the court's judgment. Carry on."  The line is already in the game, and so is the voiced response.  But I am not sure how much fiddling with the game's dialogue files it would take to make such a change (or a mod that did the same thing).  However, I am of the opinion that this is kind of a super niche issue, and not really a big deal.  

When you say it is already in the game, is it used somewhere else or is it included in that dialogue but not available?

DozingDragon

DozingDragon

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 290 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
That line is available for the player to select at the end of the “interrupt the trial” conversation with the inquisitor. So hypothetically, the dialogue tree could be edited to allow that line to be said at the beginning of the conversation without any new voiceover.

Edited by DozingDragon, 18 January 2019 - 10:24 AM.

• InsaneCommander likes this

Frak

Frak

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 405 posts

Lödwyn [New VO]: "So, you are a priest of Woedica like us, and yet act like a defender for this ... this ... this OATHBREAKER? Have you no respect for the holy wows?"

MC: "Say, you suddenly sound different. Is something wrong?"

Lödwyn [New VO]: "I.. I feel a cold coming on. A touch of the flu. That is why I suddenly sound a bit gravelly. Nevermind! How do you want to die, defender of oathbreakers?"

Edited by Frak, 18 January 2019 - 09:24 AM.

• thelee, InsaneCommander and daven like this

DozingDragon

DozingDragon

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 290 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
That gives me an even better idea: replace the inquisitor with One-Eyed Pim.
  • Ophiuchus likes this

Ophiuchus

Ophiuchus

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 345 posts
  • Deadfire Backer

I'm just salty that Magistrate's Cudgel doesn't bind to Steel Garrote or Priest of Woedica.

InsaneCommander

InsaneCommander

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2071 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

I'm just salty that Magistrate's Cudgel doesn't bind to Steel Garrote or Priest of Woedica.

Holy ****! :w00t:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users