So... no reactivity to garrote paladin/priest of woedica in Oswald's trial encounter

I made this character for role-playing reasons: priest of Woedica multiclassed with steel garrote paladin, the two new subclasses. But it was a bit frustrating when I come to the encounter at the base of the pyramid on the desert island: I was not even able to claim to the woedicians I was one of his equals. The whole stuff was somehow unnimersive, sadly.

• Like 1

It's great that many of the forum attendants are ready to defend the position of developers, whatever it may be.

But this is probably the only moment in the game where a special dialogue for these subclasses is really necessary.

Do not consider my statement rude.

Edited by Khagmas

It's great that many of the forum attendants are ready to defend the position of developers, whatever it may be.

But this is probably the only moment in the game where a special dialogue for these subclasses is really necessary.

there are many subclass lack special reaction before 4.0

but the main difficulty is voice actors

hard the find va for minor npcs the read new lines

if some reaction are eventually added it will be more likely in some description text or main npcs dialogue

"Defend the position"? What position is that exactly?

Getting an extra subclass for each class was a rather fantastic surprise. I do believe that not warning about lack of reactivity for them might be a danger especially when new players come into the game now knowing those were added late after development of the base game was concluded.

No one is arguing that reactivity for those subclasses shouldn't be added. It's just highly unlikely. Did anyone really expect that they will dig through the base game, track were each of the classes should/could have reactivity, modify quests, do the writing and rehire voice actors, on top of the design that went into creating those subclasses? 

I think that would be cool. I think that how it is now, it is bound do disappoint/piss off current and future players. But as Insane Commander stated I do prefer to have those subclasses than not have them. 

• People complained why we don't have access to some unique subclasses.
  • Those subclasses are added, and people complain there isn't reactivity to them (I do think it would be nice to at least cover the obvious spots - Temple of Woedica is a pretty glaring issue).
  • If they patch in one or two, then people will complain that there aren't more.

<shrug> That's why we can't have nice things. 

Though if Turn Based mode is really being developed, then who knows. Maybe extra reactivity will be added as well. 

Edited by Wormerine
  • Like 2

there are many subclass lack special reaction before 4.0

but the main difficulty is voice actors

hard the find va for minor npcs the read new lines

if some reaction are eventually added it will be more likely in some description text or main npcs dialogue

Inquisitor Lödwyn must somehow comment on the attitude of the player's subclasses to Woedica (Even if only by textual dialogue, i think).

It is especially strange that there is a special dialogue for the Bleak Walkers subclass but not for The Steel Garrote Paladins or Priests of Woedica...

Edited by Khagmas

how is it strange that a class that existed when the game came out had reactivity with a quest in the base game that the new class added with a patch almost six months later does not, are you getting that part or nah

they added to the game for free and you complain about it no thats actually good thank you, investor and patron of black isle my lord

Edited by Cartoons Plural

I agree. It the obvious interaction to tweak, and really no excuse not to.

I feel TC's pain. It seems like a minor thing but those sorts overlooks can really kill a playthrough.

Edited by Verde
  • Like 1

Did anyone really expect that they will dig through the base game, track were each of the classes should/could have reactivity, modify quests, do the writing and rehire voice actors, on top of the design that went into creating those subclasses? 

Yes. Otherwise it's just sloppy job and it kills the narrative.

Did anyone really expect that they will dig through the base game, track were each of the classes should/could have reactivity, modify quests, do the writing and rehire voice actors, on top of the design that went into creating those subclasses? 

Oh brother, this is the sort of LITERALLY UNPLAYABLE hyperbole that I hate.

If missing out on one bit of reactivity in one narrow situation "kills the narrative" I don't know what to tell you.

If missing out on one bit of reactivity in one narrow situation "kills the narrative" I don't know what to tell you.

Well yeah, in this particular situation it does. Although I do not recall saying that it's unplayable. Especially in caps.

They're marketing this game with rich narrative as one of it's main selling points, then they suddenly stop caring about it. Why? This is a sloppy job and I stand by what I said.

Yeah, he is overreacting... I told I was sad, but personally can cope with killing some of my fellow brethen. My char is an ass anyway

Yeah, he is overreacting... I told I was sad, but personally can cope with killing some of my fellow brethen. My char is an ass anyway

I will play as a Woedica Templar one day. And when I do it, I'll just assume that my character demanded something and the others there didn't like his tone. There can be fights even among people in the same order. Maybe my character was supposed to obey the local Priests/Paladins (especially if they are higher in the hierarchy), but

he assumes he is more important because he is working for the gods and when he met Woedica in the gods' meeting she didn't order him to stop following Berath's instructions.

:shrugz:

sign.jpg

I think you could get away with just having an incredibly short conversation by letting a character that is a priest of Woedica and/or the Steel Garrote select this response at the beginning of the "interrupt the trial" conversation: "I bow to the court's judgment. Carry on."  The line is already in the game, and so is the voiced response.  But I am not sure how much fiddling with the game's dialogue files it would take to make such a change (or a mod that did the same thing).  However, I am of the opinion that this is kind of a super niche issue, and not really a big deal.  

I think you could get away with just having an incredibly short conversation by letting a character that is a priest of Woedica and/or the Steel Garrote select this response at the beginning of the "interrupt the trial" conversation: "I bow to the court's judgment. Carry on."  The line is already in the game, and so is the voiced response.  But I am not sure how much fiddling with the game's dialogue files it would take to make such a change (or a mod that did the same thing).  However, I am of the opinion that this is kind of a super niche issue, and not really a big deal.  

When you say it is already in the game, is it used somewhere else or is it included in that dialogue but not available?

sign.jpg

That line is available for the player to select at the end of the “interrupt the trial” conversation with the inquisitor. So hypothetically, the dialogue tree could be edited to allow that line to be said at the beginning of the conversation without any new voiceover.

Edited by DozingDragon
  • Like 1

Lödwyn [New VO]: "So, you are a priest of Woedica like us, and yet act like a defender for this ... this ... this OATHBREAKER? Have you no respect for the holy wows?"

MC: "Say, you suddenly sound different. Is something wrong?"

Lödwyn [New VO]: "I.. I feel a cold coming on. A touch of the flu. That is why I suddenly sound a bit gravelly. Nevermind! How do you want to die, defender of oathbreakers?"

Edited by Frak
  • Like 3

Nerf Troubadour!