Weapon choice for a solo tanky Chanter?

Definitely not Abydon’s as it is 2 handed, and you never want to drop shield.

The main consideration is that the chanter’s weapon damage is almost irrelevant, since dragon thrashed does the heavy lifting. I’ve even quipped that a chanter woukd dual weild shields if it were possible. So the first thing to look at for weapon choice is whether the weapon can help the chanter’s defences: hatchets (+5 DEF) are a contender; Whispers of Yenwood is great (even all the way to the end) for +2 CON/+4 FOR. Godsyanthuyr gives +1 MIG/+2 FOR and is definitely better offensively. You could also consider weapons that give immunities or other stat bonuses (e.g. Steadfast).

Just go with whatever you fancy, it’s not going to make a material difference to the character. Godsyanthuyr is a fine choice and I would be happy to have that.

Definitely not Abydon’s as it is 2 handed, and you never want to drop shield.

The main consideration is that the chanter’s weapon damage is almost irrelevant, since dragon thrashed does the heavy lifting. I’ve even quipped that a chanter woukd dual weild shields if it were possible. So the first thing to look at for weapon choice is whether the weapon can help the chanter’s defences: hatchets (+5 DEF) are a contender; Whispers of Yenwood is great (even all the way to the end) for +2 CON/+4 FOR. Godsyanthuyr gives +1 MIG/+2 FOR and is definitely better offensively. You could also consider weapons that give immunities or other stat bonuses (e.g. Steadfast).

Just go with whatever you fancy, it’s not going to make a material difference to the character. Godsyanthuyr is a fine choice and I would be happy to have that.

Ohh I though Abydon was a one-handed hammer, that's a preconceived idea of mine because of Crom Faeyr lol...

Went to wiki and checked Steadfast, and yeah it's a really nice weapon, should be very effective against dragons.