[IDEA / SUGGESTION] Multiplayer crowd-founding Announcement ?

Dear devs, i have no idea where to post my idea but there.

I've been since ages playing with couple of friends every single coop RPG games available, with great fun and pleasure countless hours of challenge ideas with friends for walkthroughs... (once you done the game on your own at least once ofc). 

And suddenly this idea came up to me, what about naming us a price/cost of what implementing the multiplayer would cost and what about propose a crowd-founding for it to see if its something doable for you.

In addition some games that could be compared to yours had many more sells and the difference apart of quality seemed to be multiplayer...

Let us know please if thats not a "too crazy" idea.

I would be very grateful for an answer from devs even a negative one. 

Also this game is the first RPG i would rate a 20/20 in my heart (a 18-19/20 i guess without following it) and that since Baldur's Gate & Torment series, so it took me 20 years to find a game that is worth what enchanted my youth in RPG and for that i would never be grateful enough.

Regards, Malanir.

Yeah, if this was to happen it would be Microsoft trying to sweeten the appeal of the IP for further sequels. MS have more money than they know what to do with (they bought Minecraft because they had billions of dollars sitting overseas that they had no use for). They definitely do not need crowdfunding for the purpose of improving Deadfire.

Edited by protopersona

"As the murderhobo mantra goes: 'If you can't kill it, steal it.'" - Prince of Lies

You know that Obsidian are now part of Microsoft? I'm pretty sure that Microsoft have absolutely no interest in doing a crowd funding campaign. 

Probably only because far fewer people are likely to contribute, knowing it's already being backed by a large company. Otherwise though, what company wouldn't like to see their game development risks significantly reduced? It's like having an investment partner for a risky venture.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

I just can't see Microsoft being arsed whatsoever doing a kickstarter or something. And yeah who would want to give money away to one of the richest companies in the world?

And sorry pal, didn't meant to live so relentlessly in the real world! Sometimes it's good to dream...

nowt

You guys are too realistic for me   ;(  *drop the mic*

On the other hand, if Microsoft *does* decide to produce more games in the POE IP, they could be more likely to have multiplayer. They might also not be CRPGs, so there's that.

I'm generally not as bearish about the prospects of Microsoft ownership as others around here, though. They wouldn't have bought the developers of Tides of Numenara and Pillars of Eternity if the didn't like what they were doing/want to produce more.

Edited by Purudaya