Deadfire is a beautiful game

I booted it up for the first time in a while, and at max settings, the game looks outstanding. I'm on the Floating Hangman it looks beautifully eery and sublime.

Predator Helios 300 laptop for anyone interested. Totally worth it.

Edited by Verde
  • Like 6

I don't disagree. 

I still lament first PoE settings to an extent, though. At the same time I KNOW that Deadfire can be made to run seamlessly, but apparently they don't want to invest in that. The way this game runs is in most every review I've seen. 

A bit of a shame, to be honest. 

IP5ok2U.png

m0x5eY5.pngtBxm170.png

Dungeons look awesome, the little glowing mushrooms are great.

There's fish in the water and corals too.

Vailian mansions are inredibly detailed and the italian(?) renesance style is done with great care.

The way plants grow from between rocks in certain locations makes the world very lively, same as ivy growing on walls.

One of my top favourites are the taverns. Each has a specific name and style.

For what do you linger here?

I think that overall Deadfire looks better but there is a certain something about some areas in PoE in my opinion. I just love the look of areas like Ondra's Gift and some of the areas around Twin Elms as well. In a weird way, I think the more static areas kinda makes the actual art of the backgrounds jump out a bit more sometimes. Less visual "noise" if that makes sense (though noise is much too bad a word).

But yeah, Deadfire looks fantastic overall. The weather effects is something I greatly enjoy and was one of the things I missed the most in PoE when comparing to the BG games.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Hello to the Obsidian community. I find the game is very pretty, which is especially notable with it being an isometric view rather than a first person view like a shooter. Unfortunately, to get decent frames in PoE 2 means that I have to run on low settings, as I have a PC that is getting close to 10 years old.

For those that haven't seen it, even the low settings are still quite nice.

Queen Onekaza's rooftop court is, in my view, graphically the most saistfying thing in these two games. It's stunning.

There's clearly a difference in the overall aesthetics: PoE was darker in every sense, whereas there's plenty of colour and vim in Deadfire. I like both, but in terms of variety, there's more success in Deadfire.

From an overall 'feel' I thought running around with your weapons out in POE1 just had a better aesthetic and enjoyed the tone much more, plus I was a sucker for having a castle. 

But yeah - POE2 just looks, overall, so much better and the little things add up to make the game more engrossing. 

Queen Onekaza's rooftop court is, in my view, graphically the most saistfying thing in these two games. It's stunning.

There's clearly a difference in the overall aesthetics: PoE was darker in every sense, whereas there's plenty of colour and vim in Deadfire. I like both, but in terms of variety, there's more success in Deadfire.

The rooftop is a beautiful set piece.