How to parse all these numbers?

When trying to mod items all properties are only displayed as gibberish. For example Eder's armor under ItemModsIDs has "f7298890-a9d9-4d5b-bd29-a5059f2d2e20" which I now know refers to his "Second Chance", but is there anywhere I can parse or look those properties up instead of doing it by trial and error?

Copy and paste the ID or a segment of it, and then search for where else it occurs. In the case of the one in your post, searching for f7298890-a9d9-4d5b-bd29-a5059f2d2e20 should take you straight to the Second Chance itemmod.

It's easy with itemmods because they're also in the items.gamedatabundle! Gets more complicated when looking up associated abilities and status effects, just because you'll need to look in different gamedatabundles

I've actually got a DB that has all the UIDs (those funny numbers) in it

The general issue is simply to parse *.gamedatabundle, pick up the Class, friendly name and the GUID (done this)

What you're after is more complex, a recursive version that gets sub-objects and associates them with a parent

Is it doable? Of course!

Is it worth it? Not really...

The way I usually trace things is to look to e.g. Eder then find out where some owned GUID occurs

This is far easier to do if you've got a Pretty Printed version of the JSON - I ran 4.0.1 yesterday

If you have any linux installation this is damned simple using grep (hint - you can install Linux Subsystem for Windows on Win10)

The command to run would then be as simple as....

grep -lir f7298890-a9d9-4d5b-bd29-a5059f2d2e20 exported-4.0.1/json 

This would then show you exactly which files that occurred in (usually it's the one you started in and something else - which gives you your branch)

Rats - turned wrong web server off - Back in a bit with the JSON version of 4.0.1 base

OK Fair warning has been applied

I'm gonna move the domain to https://perspak.com early Feb but will keep all content

There are reasons behind this move which basically boil down to unifying my release schedule

My friends are welcome to play (I'll set you up your own areas if you desire them)

Please note that this process is messy so may take a few weeks 

OK - some other people like the prettified stuff so made a sep thread on this one

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/103556-exported-prettified-json/?hl=prettified

Go to the bottom, my most recent post, and you'll find a 11M download that makes this a hell of a lot easier to deal with

All I do in these translations is turn one long line of JSON into human readable form which makes them far easier to handle (try the original + mine - it's obvious which is easier to work with)

OK Fair warning has been applied

I'm gonna move the domain to https://perspak.com early Feb but will keep all content

There are reasons behind this move which basically boil down to unifying my release schedule

My friends are welcome to play (I'll set you up your own areas if you desire them)

Please note that this process is messy so may take a few weeks