The incredible water-breathing pig and other silly observations

Did you know that If you go to Luminous Bathhouse in Periki's Overlook and stand near the pool with a pet, the pet might randomly just walk in the pool and go totally underwater without drowning?

Also, Isn't it silly how you can't sleep in the streets of Neketaka, but you can instead go to the crypt and have a good night's sleep in that horrible haunted place?

Or you can destroy, slaughter and mercilessly rob every single ship you encounter and be considered polite, diplomatic and benevolent person?

Please share your silliest remarks.

• Like 2

For what do you linger here?

I'm more impressed by the Bear companion that climbed the tower in Raedric's hold. :w00t:

Once you clean the Crypt, it'll actually be safer than the streets of Neketaka.

But good point about slaughtering ships. You can even attack Vailian ships with Pallegina on board. She will help you fight her countrymen. And Eder and Xoti will not complain!

Edited by InsaneCommander
  • Like 1

sign.jpg

I'm more impressed by the Bear companion that climbed the tower in Haedric's hold. :w00t:

Once you clean the Crupt, it'll actually be safer than the streets of Neketaka.

But good point about slaughtering ships. You can even attack Vailian ships with Pallegina on board. She will help you fight her countrymen. And Eder and Xoti will not complain!

Yeah this is very immersion breaking. They should probably do something about it.

You can always choose not to do these immersion breaking things though.

Edited by DaylenAmell

The cute little companion animations play in every conversation, so you can be debating with gods about the fate of the world and Tekehu will be standing a few feet away pootling about with a little floating water fish

Edited by house2fly
  • Like 3

Opening locked chests in plain sight, is somehow OK with NPC's watching you.

At one point you can tell people you are tavern servants asking to take their order. You might be a group of five people, wearing amour and weapons, but sure, you are also tavern servants.

(More to come, when I remember it)

Edited by Frak
  • Like 2

Nerf Troubadour!

The cute little companion animations play in every conversation, so you can be debating with gods about the fate of the world and Tekehu will be standing a few feet away pootling about with a little floating water fish

To be honest, if I could shape water into animated statues at will, I would probably start doing it seconds into every conversation instead of just zoning out.

You can't rest on streets because of Baldur's Gate. However PoE straight up doesn't allow you rest instead of being interupted by a guard.

Edited by Wormerine
  • Like 1

I'm more impressed by the Bear companion that climbed the tower in Haedric's hold. :w00t:

Once you clean the Crupt, it'll actually be safer than the streets of Neketaka.

Yeah this is very immersion breaking. They should probably do something about it.

You can always choose not to do these immersion breaking things though.

Yes. On my third PoE pt I wanted to sneak into Raedrics Hold. But It wouldn't make sense for the Bear to climb a rope. So I decided to slaughter everyone as in my second run. :shrugz:

sign.jpg

When it comes to these things, what strikes me as silly is the main fault that games like these always tend to have: we are in a Renaissance-style world, but when something happens, everybody in the game world instantly knows it. That's a bit off-putting, I have to say. Like, I cause a scene at the harbor, walk up to the top of the city, and regular folks walking on the street will comment upon what happened in the harbor. Yeah, right. It's just about possible that they know something happened, but in a city like Neketaka, with all of its citizens, how could they know it was me?

• Like 2

It's like choosing a Deceptive dialogue option when you are alone with your companions and an npc you kill roght after the conversation. How can you get reputation from this?

The only possible explanation is that someone in your party is gossiping everywhere and telling your secrets. Since it happens in PoE1 and 2, it could be one of the returning companions. Aloth can be secretive and Pallegina doesn't suit this.

It's Eder. He is to blame.

• Like 6

sign.jpg

And why is there no Parrot pets????

How can I be a Pirate without a talking Parrot???

Edited by bringingyouthefuture
  • Like 2

“How do you 'accidentally' kill a nobleman in his own mansion?"

"With a knife in the chest. Or, rather, a pair of knives in the chest...”

The Final Empire, Mistborn Trilogy

Also, Isn't it silly how you can't sleep in the streets of Neketaka, but you can instead go to the crypt and have a good night's sleep in that horrible haunted place?

This. This really annoys me soooo much.

It's a weird-ass relic of BG/BG2, where if you tried to rest in town you were ordered to go to an inn instead.

Meanwhile, in Deadfire, in town you can wait around for literally days, but you're not allowed to rest for some hours? Why the heck not? Sometimes I want to get my food-based resting bonuses without having to get to the world map.

• Like 1

This. This really annoys me soooo much.

It's a weird-ass relic of BG/BG2, where if you tried to rest in town you were ordered to go to an inn instead.

Meanwhile, in Deadfire, in town you can wait around for literally days, but you're not allowed to rest for some hours? Why the heck not? Sometimes I want to get my food-based resting bonuses without having to get to the world map.

Because the camping screen - you can't start a fire in the middle of Neketaka jeez!  Sorry totally joking around :)

“How do you 'accidentally' kill a nobleman in his own mansion?"

"With a knife in the chest. Or, rather, a pair of knives in the chest...”

The Final Empire, Mistborn Trilogy

Wait are we doing a "how RPGs are actually incredibly stupid and unrealistic" thread?

You could start by saying you can just enter a persons home and take their stuff without anyone realising it was you. Ever. Even if you talk to them beforehand. In fact they will probably give you random advice on one or more quests to boot.

Or any other game that has guns where people survive multiple headshots no problem. Because: hitpoints.

Man you could write a list about everything that's wrong with RPGs that is longer than the ingame dialogue and still not be done.

• Like 1

Wait are we doing a "how RPGs are actually incredibly stupid and unrealistic" thread?

You could start by saying you can just enter a persons home and take their stuff without anyone realising it was you. Ever. Even if you talk to them beforehand. In fact they will probably give you random advice on one or more quests to boot.

Or any other game that has guns where people survive multiple headshots no problem. Because: hitpoints.

Man you could write a list about everything that's wrong with RPGs that is longer than the ingame dialogue and still not be done.

Or that people can not do basic tasks without asking you for help, and then paying you a tidy sum just to avoid having to walk like for one in-game hour.

Or how most RPG worlds exist in a place where it is incredibly dangerous to be out and about, like everything is trying to kill you, and no level 0 townperson (nor a basic militia) stands a chance at even the most basic encounter in the wilderness; how did civilization even form?

• Like 1

I think it's just fun to imagine if in-game stuff was actually happening. Like in Pillars 1 one unlock condition for the Company Captain's Cap was to have 20 resolve. So I had to eat some dragon meat and sleep with a prostitute called Big Durmsey, in order to level up my hat

• Like 5