Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Are Beckoner summons worth it?

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

thelee

thelee

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1131 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

That's not very exact though.

I assume it's the common complaint with chanters. The long phrase generation makes the class boring for some people. Chanters are like Marmite. You love them or you hate them. There is no indifference.

Edit: I like Marmite. I also like single-class chanters. There might be a correlation. We should do a poll.

I too love marmite. I also like single-class chanters. Cutting edge theory you're onto, here.

• Frak likes this

Boeroer

Boeroer

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 13965 posts
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
Don't know. Both Troubadour and Skald generate phrases pretty quickly - if you build Skald right (by the way playing an awesome Konstanten as Barb/Skald atm in SSS - Brute Force + Morning Star + weakening chant + Spirit Frenzy just rules when it comes to generating crits. Enemies fort is always down in the 50s even if they start high).

Beckoner has slower phrase generation and his summons cost more - but seriously: double summon count is so good.

My concern atm is that all my summons don't scale properly and are unusable.

Maybe that's the real problem that was occurring here.

thelee

thelee

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1131 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

My concern atm is that all my summons don't scale properly and are unusable.

elaborate on this bug?

Boeroer

Boeroer

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 13965 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
All my summons don't scale properly with level. When I summon an Essential Phantom at lvl 20 it has 34 ACC. Same with Xoti's Lashing Vine and so on. Beckoner's summons and Ancient ones as well. Essential Phantom...

The only summon that seems to scale correctly atm for me is Matau (the head guy from SSS).

Edited by Boeroer, 14 January 2019 - 12:04 PM.

thelee

thelee

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1131 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

All my summons don't scale properly with level. When I summon an Essential Phantom at lvl 20 it has 34 ACC. Same with Xoti's Lashing Vine and so on. Beckoner's summons and Ancient ones as well. Essential Phantom...

The only summon that seems to scale correctly atm for me is Matau (the head guy from SSS).

is this a new issue or have you been having this awhile?

last time I checked (early december, so maybe pre or just aroudn 4.0 release), my summons were scaling, so don't know if this means this is a you-specific bug, or something new got introduced that broke scaling.

Boeroer

Boeroer

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 13965 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
Other players have it as well. I just found out that it doesn't affect all summons. Some are ok.

Stardusk78

Stardusk78

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 293 posts
  • Deadfire Backer

Other players have it as well. I just found out that it doesn't affect all summons. Some are ok.

Yes, I can confirm. Summonings do not scale properly for multiple classes. Druids, chanters, etc.

Elric Galad

Elric Galad

(10) Necromancer

• Members
  • 1470 posts
What are the HP and duration of beckomer summons by the way ? I thought 50% Hp and 2/3 duration but I'm suddenly doubting.

thelee

thelee

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1131 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

Yes, I can confirm. Summonings do not scale properly for multiple classes. Druids, chanters, etc.

I found the bug you all are referring to: https://forums.obsid...erly/?hl=summon

The timing and nature of this issue would explain why Vela (Hylea's Challenge) suddenly became real squishy after 4.0 or so, because she probably also is no longer scaling as well. Honestly, how do you even introduce a regression like this?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users