yes.

truth be told, i don't find the early chanter summons that great... so while beckoner summons will be better, they're better off a meh baseline, so basing early evaluations on extra wurms isn't going to give you the  full picture.

meanwhile, getting extra animated weapons starting at AL7 is OP.

yes.

truth be told, i don't find the early chanter summons that great... so while beckoner summons will be better, they're better off a meh baseline, so basing early evaluations on extra wurms isn't going to give you the  full picture.

meanwhile, getting extra animated weapons starting at AL7 is OP.

So the high level summons are worth it?

They have lower hit points, so...

Beckoner is nice with the skeletons phrase because the +1 phrase malus does not apply. It has some applications for niche build such as grave caller or to power the +2 zeal on downed ally from single class paladin (or both).

Edited by Elric Galad

I must be missing something, how does Grave Calling synergize with beckoner?

Edit: Do the "x happens when you kill a vessel" upgrades proc when one of your summoned skeletons dies?

It procs when you kill them yourself with Grave Calling, creating a foe-only Chillfog.

A Berserker can kill skeletons very quickly since his Carnage is friendly fire AND he procs Bloodlust and Blood Thirst on kill. But his Chillfog will hurt friends as well until you remove Confused.

As a Berserker you might think about picking the other enchantment that summons an imp from your killed skeleton. The imp has no summon limit and thus you can create hundreds of imps while triggering Blood Thirst + Bloodlust. With ancient brittle bones you can produce three imps from one skeleton.

Chillfog is more crazy though.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Make a Berserker/Beckoner with Grave Calling right away! :)

Or Berserker / Helwalker with Beckoner in party. Helwalker will supercharge the Chillfogs aoe size, damage and durations.

BTW. The Grave Calling Chillfogs not only damage and Blind, but also aoe Paralyze with their ticks with the right upgrades.

Or some Cipher to benefit from the Focus these Chillfogs generate...

A warning:

If you DO a Grave Calling Berserker combo with Beckoner skellies ("nuclear Chillfogs"), make sure you have a strong computer to handle all those aoe proc ticks...

Edited by Haplok

Made it to level 11 and real meh. I feel like I wasted time and energy...what a shame.

Lol a shame? Quit bitching. I’ve played the game to level 11 basically a hundred times, it’s quick and frankly that part of the game is really fun. There’s nothing wrong with the class you chose, but if you want another one just start over. It will go even faster now that you know what you’re doing.

• Like 1

Hm, besides his special summons mechanic he's not different from a vanilla chanter, is he? So what excatly is meh about him?

Mmm the same thing as for SC chanter : not being a troubadour.

Do yourself a favor and console-change his subclass.

Edited by Elric Galad

That's not very exact though.

I assume it's the common complaint with chanters. The long phrase generation makes the class boring for some people. Chanters are like Marmite. You love them or you hate them. There is no indifference.

Edit: I like Marmite. I also like single-class chanters. There might be a correlation. We should do a poll.

Edited by Frak
  • Like 4

Nerf Troubadour!

That's not very exact though.

I assume it's the common complaint with chanters. The long phrase generation makes the class boring for some people. Chanters are like Marmite. You love them or you hate them. There is no indifference.

Edit: I like Marmite. I also like single-class chanters. There might be a correlation. We should do a poll.

I too love marmite. I also like single-class chanters. Cutting edge theory you're onto, here.

• Like 1

Don't know. Both Troubadour and Skald generate phrases pretty quickly - if you build Skald right (by the way playing an awesome Konstanten as Barb/Skald atm in SSS - Brute Force + Morning Star + weakening chant + Spirit Frenzy just rules when it comes to generating crits. Enemies fort is always down in the 50s even if they start high).

Beckoner has slower phrase generation and his summons cost more - but seriously: double summon count is so good.

My concern atm is that all my summons don't scale properly and are unusable.

Maybe that's the real problem that was occurring here.

All my summons don't scale properly with level. When I summon an Essential Phantom at lvl 20 it has 34 ACC. Same with Xoti's Lashing Vine and so on. Beckoner's summons and Ancient ones as well. Essential Phantom...

The only summon that seems to scale correctly atm for me is Matau (the head guy from SSS).

Edited by Boeroer

All my summons don't scale properly with level. When I summon an Essential Phantom at lvl 20 it has 34 ACC. Same with Xoti's Lashing Vine and so on. Beckoner's summons and Ancient ones as well. Essential Phantom...

The only summon that seems to scale correctly atm for me is Matau (the head guy from SSS).

is this a new issue or have you been having this awhile?

last time I checked (early december, so maybe pre or just aroudn 4.0 release), my summons were scaling, so don't know if this means this is a you-specific bug, or something new got introduced that broke scaling.