So I've been toying with the idea of an all-Chanter / Chanter-multi party that stacks passive chants and active buffs, especially to increase ranged weapon speed.  I'd be open to suggestions on how to build said party.  My thought was at least one melee character to tank while the rest plink/shoot from range.  Also to maybe focus most on auto-attacks with ranged weapons to minimize micro.  

Lastly, one idea was mixing in Priest of Woedica for the aoe spells that block engagement and otherwise shut down groups. 

I thougth maybe with 5 chanters and some self buffs (say from ranger with Gunner, 1 using Maia's Sharpshooter garb) you could get arquebus/gun speed to something absurdly fun?  Mix in a Fury barbarian for AOE speed buff from totem? And at least 1 armor recovery pet?

Thoughts / suggestions?

So I've been toying with the idea of an all-Chanter / Chanter-multi party that stacks passive chants and active buffs, especially to increase ranged weapon speed.

Just to be clear here, identical chanter chant buffs don't stack. Only one "sure handed ila" chant will be active, so you can't get super fast ranged weapon speed beyond the first chant.

I would - for the fun and roleplay - make the main tank a sword'n'board bellower. He/she doesn't need a wide chant area, doesn't care about crits and powerful invocations are sure to hit and gain some aggro. Could be a belligerent mumbling fighter-wannabe, spinning tales and weird stories while delusional and loudmouthedly shouting at every foe.

Nerf Troubadour!

So I've been toying with the idea of an all-Chanter / Chanter-multi party that stacks passive chants and active buffs, especially to increase ranged weapon speed.

Just to be clear here, identical chanter chant buffs don't stack. Only one "sure handed ila" chant will be active, so you can't get super fast ranged weapon speed beyond the first chant.

My dreams are crushed - not your fault :(

Are there any other AOE speed buffs?  Aside from the Chanter/Fury barb with the AOE speed totem.

I could go Chanter/Wiz or Chanter/Monk for the self speed buffs (Alacrity of Motion, Swift Strikes) I suppose.  

Feed everyone Mohorā Wraps and a drug like Coral Snuff.

Given identical chanter buffs don't stack, it still might be good to mix in 1 of each type from 5 chanter simultaneously?

Are there any other AOE speed buffs?  Aside from the Chanter/Fury barb with the AOE speed totem.

I could go Chanter/Wiz or Chanter/Monk for the self speed buffs (Alacrity of Motion, Swift Strikes) I suppose.  

Given identical chanter buffs don't stack, it still might be good to mix in 1 of each type from 5 chanter simultaneously?

To that last point -- I did a "get the band back together" run where I used a Troub/Beguiler as my char and then used Palagena, Konstanten, Fassina, and Tekehu all as chanter multis.  It was a hoot (and sometimes a holler).  Got to use lots of different chants and spread out the invocations.  BTW -- one other global speed buff comes from Sasha's scimitar -- 1% per held phrase.  I gave that the Pally and she would open with an empowered invocation (Eld Nary once she had it) and then basically would hold her phrases while tanking, unless there was an emergency of some kind.

Anyway, not your original focus, but I can safely say that a party of chanter multis is a good time.

• Like 1

with high linger, you could have two per chanter, for ten overlapping buffs (with partial uptime).

stacking rules aren't just about identical buffs - you only get the highest active buff of a category at a time, whereas any number of passive buffs stack.

so "sure handed ila" will reduce your recovery/reload time... which means it won't stack with other active buffs of any kind that reduce your recovery or reload time (that's the "category"), such as pistol rapid shot modal (the -50% reload time will just suppress the smaller -20% sure-handed ila bonus). but sure-handed ila will stack with other active buffs that increase your action speed (which is different "category", even if related, to a reload/recovery time reduction), so you can combine e.g. sure-handed ila and deleterious alacrity of motion.

the aoe speed totem from the barbarian subclass, despite being an "active skill" emanates its aura as a passive bonus, so it'll stack with anything. (whereas most auras are active bonuses, not passive bonuses, e.g. paladin auras, so they can ge suppressed by higher bonuses).

Edited by thelee
  • Like 1