Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

NWN2: EE or Icewind Dale 2 Remake - a possibility?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

Hurlshot

Hurlshot

Obsidian Order Hockey Puck

• Members
  • 9057 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Hurlshot
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

That is pretty dang pricey. Does it at least include all the expansions?

edit: Looks like it does. Huh, weird that the EE edition alone is only $20. Something wrong with that pricing system.

Edited by Hurlshot, 18 January 2019 - 10:10 AM.

Mamoulian War

Mamoulian War

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3744 posts
  • PSN Portable ID:mamoulianfh
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
Exactly!

Hurlshot

Hurlshot

• Members
  • 9057 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

That actually makes me wonder if there isn't some sort of extra licensing cost at work there. Again, this is a special edition of a fairly niche product, so it's not like they are in it for the cash grab. 

Everyone knows you go mobile for that. :p

daven

daven

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 608 posts

Yeah i'm pretty sure I bought BG1/2, Icewind Dale and Planescape Torment for about 5 quid each (3-4 dollars? 6 euro?) not they are charging 2-3 times that. I get it they had to put time/money into making the 'EE' versions but give people the option to get the original on its own. I feel like they are trying to erase the originals from history.

Hurlshot

Hurlshot

• Members
  • 9057 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Yeah i'm pretty sure I bought BG1/2, Icewind Dale and Planescape Torment for about 5 quid each (3-4 dollars? 6 euro?) not they are charging 2-3 times that. I get it they had to put time/money into making the 'EE' versions but give people the option to get the original on its own. I feel like they are trying to erase the originals from history.

They have licensing fees to cover, I'd imagine. 

Zoraptor

Zoraptor

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2617 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

That actually makes me wonder if there isn't some sort of extra licensing cost at work there. Again, this is a special edition of a fairly niche product, so it's not like they are in it for the cash grab. 

Everyone knows you go mobile for that. :p

EEs do of course have mobile versions? They even, technically, have in app purchases to go with the mobile versions.

(Bloody smileys, never sure if someone is being serious when they use them; and where has the classic :rage: smiley gone?)

• Hurlshot likes this

kanisatha

kanisatha

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 298 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Well, 'Realms Beyond: Ashes of the Fallen' and 'Pathfinder: Kingmaker' could both be considered as 'inspired' by D&D v3.5, which seems like what the OP is going for here. Possibly IWD2 and ToEE could be remade using the Realms Beyond toolset? I do know that somebody is working on an IWD2 remake in NWN2.

Also 'Black Geyser: Couriers of Darkness'.

kanisatha

kanisatha

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 298 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Wasn't one (or more) of the NwN premium modules made by Ossian? I imagine they want a good-sized cut of profits since they have nothing else going for them. So, once you pay Hasbro, then BioWare, then Ossian, then Steam, you're down to not very much at all left for Beamdog.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users