Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Actual God mode in Deadfire, no cheats!

poton of the final stand blood mage tactician wall of draining

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

Waski

Waski

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 136 posts
@brasilgringo arcane dampener doesn't remove anything, it just suspends. Pick priest of skaen and when you see arcane dampener coming your way just "shadow beyond" and become untargetable and out of range(or even reset the encounter) . If you didn't see it and was hit by AD and you are quick enough You can "shadow beyond" before killing blow, only some DOTs on you can be a problem in this case. But keeping BDD, brilliant and full health isn't impossible, nobody says that You have to hang on 1hp during BDD.
Ps what's insane about that cloak (I've played skaen/wizard with that cloak just after it was introduced) that Mind over Matter (brilliant buff) doesn't end when combat ends, similar to lenghrat safeguard. So you could hit brilliant on first skuldr in old city and buff yourself with SoT into crazy durations ( brilliant and lenghrat safeguard) and be brilliant until giant curb. But it was hard to pull of, I was basically shooting myself with limited missiles to proc it(lots of reloads). Blood mage have way more missiles, especially 1st level ones...

Edited by Waski, 11 January 2019 - 11:03 PM.

• Raven Darkholme and brasilgringo like this

Boeroer

Boeroer

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 14865 posts
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
Priest of Skaen/Blood Mage sounds great. I don't like the Mind-over-Matter cheese too much, even for solo. That cape is bonkers anyways. I once equipped all the "do x AoE dmg on unconscious" items on myself and added Citzal's Spirit Lance or Draining Touch. When you summon the Living Illusions (and they sometimes cast Essential Phantom themselves) and suddenly have 7+ Citzal's or permanent Draining Touches on the field who do big AoE dmg when they get killed - it wipes most ads. And on top you get Brilliant occasionally.

I wish they had nerfed Brilliant as suggested (different ticks for different resources, e.g. longer ticks for spell replenishment etc.) instead of removing it from most abilities and then introducing it on items and as lvl-1 passive on a subclass. *sigh*
  • Raven Darkholme likes this

giftmefood

giftmefood

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 233 posts
Welp. Looks like tactician and blood mage will be nerfed to hell next patch. Goodjob on this solo build though!

How long does this build take to kill Dorudugan?

brasilgringo

brasilgringo

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 376 posts
Seems to take a long time because the to-hit is still very hard... I need to swap out some gear to see if I can do it any faster but Raven said it took him 90mins and I think I've been at it at least as long. The flame nights don't seem to spawn always and there is a lot of time casting walls to keep them up. And attacks miss a lot. I'm also not running away as much as I should so his fireballs don't heal him. I think Kaylon build did this faster and with much less active effort.

Raven Darkholme

Raven Darkholme

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2017 posts
  • Steam:Victor_Creed_SFV

@brasilgringo arcane dampener doesn't remove anything, it just suspends. Pick priest of skaen and when you see arcane dampener coming your way just "shadow beyond" and become untargetable and out of range(or even reset the encounter) . If you didn't see it and was hit by AD and you are quick enough You can "shadow beyond" before killing blow, only some DOTs on you can be a problem in this case. But keeping BDD, brilliant and full health isn't impossible, nobody says that You have to hang on 1hp during BDD.
Ps what's insane about that cloak (I've played skaen/wizard with that cloak just after it was introduced) that Mind over Matter (brilliant buff) doesn't end when combat ends, similar to lenghrat safeguard. So you could hit brilliant on first skuldr in old city and buff yourself with SoT into crazy durations ( brilliant and lenghrat safeguard) and be brilliant until giant curb. But it was hard to pull of, I was basically shooting myself with limited missiles to proc it(lots of reloads). Blood mage have way more missiles, especially 1st level ones...

I think Withdraw would also work to wait out Dampener and it even heals you if a dot is on you, all priests have access to withdraw.

Priest of Skaen/Blood Mage sounds great. I don't like the Mind-over-Matter cheese too much, even for solo. That cape is bonkers anyways. I once equipped all the "do x AoE dmg on unconscious" items on myself and added Citzal's Spirit Lance or Draining Touch. When you summon the Living Illusions (and they sometimes cast Essential Phantom themselves) and suddenly have 7+ Citzal's or permanent Draining Touches on the field who do big AoE dmg when they get killed - it wipes most ads. And on top you get Brilliant occasionally.

I wish they had nerfed Brilliant as suggested (different ticks for different resources, e.g. longer ticks for spell replenishment etc.) instead of removing it from most abilities and then introducing it on items and as lvl-1 passive on a subclass. *sigh*

Yeah when the game came out we really wanted brilliant to get nerfed, but neither wanted it to be removed or made useless, just less op, 12 secs to regain resources could be a thing, maybe even 18.

Welp. Looks like tactician and blood mage will be nerfed to hell next patch. Goodjob on this solo build though!

How long does this build take to kill Dorudugan?

I didn't stream my initial preparations, since sometimes it can take a while to get the flame blight, so I don't know how long that took me, but after that initial phase the fight took 1:30h.

Keep in mind most of that was a buff phase and the actual fight took a little over 30 mins, also I didn't know about brilliant cloak yet, accidentially discovered that in the next fight vs Belranga. 

brasilgringo

brasilgringo

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 376 posts

Since usually I was running at 1hp when damper hit, and surrounded by mobs, like all the fampyrs and related at Sea-Lashed Crypt, damper hitting was a guaranteed death. Because during the time BDD is suspended, something will for sure hit you. It can be avoided by stacking resolve buffs and will buffs (llengraths, Griffin blade, mangera chain) plus Stat buffs, but you have to give on another star area like dex (to keep str / int / per high along resolve, dumping Dex and Con).

EDIT:  Sigilmaster megaboss is *very* hard due to boss itself casting Arcane Damper and the sigil of Cleansing casting Arcane Cleanse (which is a level 9 wizard spell,and I can't find what it rolls against ... I can't seem to resist it with 199 will).

Not sure Skaen is the right subclass. I tried Harvester of Gaub for the lvl 1 spell that can crit for over 300, Blessed Harvest, but I'm not liking the other automatic choices for spells it gives you. In my testing, Pillar of Holy Fire is reliably crritting for 180+ in aoe which for non fire immune makes it seemingly better than Ninagauth Pillar,but not sure. Marux Aumanth priest dagger seems to give it a chance to double cast but not sure if mathematically better than holding two +PL fire items.

Toyed with idea if wodeica priest for the toolset of unique spells but not sure worth it. That is, would o really use the writs that much? You'rr basically face taking with BDD and trying to get Brilliant, so the writs aren't as useful perhaps.

Magran might be worth it to cover the fire side and therefore free up Priest spell slots for the buffs and let wiz spells focus on frost with Ninagauth and self buffs.

As far as I can see you want Dire Blessing, Champions Boon, BDD, Salv of Time, and maybe minor avatar and litany of spirit (for the +PL, which I'm hoping stacks with Blood Magee +1 wiz PL). Then you can mix in self buffs or offensive spells. You can stand in your own damage circles as well, just like the Electric Dyslexic build showed. Maybe start with drugs like Coral Snuff or Deadeye depending on needs. Human is a given for the acc/damage buffs under BDD and you can still use Revku hat with 1 injury to prevent interrupts.

It's going to take a long time to get to BDD and Wall of Draining tho (lvl 14 or something?) and also get the cape from Berkana Obs. Assuming solo. Faster and easier in a party. Frankly it doesn't seem as OP as people are saying. Especially given the high maintenance involved. Each fight has ramp time

Edited by brasilgringo, 12 January 2019 - 08:18 AM.

• Haplok likes this

brasilgringo

brasilgringo

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 376 posts

Fyi the Minolta pbaoe spell also does 200+ damage around you if you can get surrounded. It ignores armor so seems pretty powerful.

EDIT:  it's Minoleta's Precisely Piercing Burst, pbaoe, and it was hitting Doru for example from between 130(grazes) to 250+ (hits/crits). 

Edited by brasilgringo, 12 January 2019 - 07:22 AM.

brasilgringo

brasilgringo

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 376 posts
I actually can't tell if the subclass Berath rust rusted armor rebuff would make it better choice. Or maybe skaen is after all for the mobility choices and the free learn of minor avatar. Can the priest summons be out at same time as mage phantasm?

certainkindoffool

certainkindoffool

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 25 posts
This thread just makes me miss spelltongue and Poe carnage - I don't always want to multiclass a wizard. Any chance there is a mod that reintroduces POE weapons?

giftmefood

giftmefood

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 233 posts

Fyi the Minolta pbaoe spell also does 200+ damage around you if you can get surrounded. It ignores armor so seems pretty powerful.

EDIT:  it's Minoleta's Precisely Piercing Burst, pbaoe, and it was hitting Doru for example from between 130(grazes) to 250+ (hits/crits).

Does it target reflex? And whats the percentage of hitting Dorudugan with it?

TheWeaver

TheWeaver

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 113 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

From the most recent beta patch notes:

• Only one Wall of Draining can be active at any given time.

Party's over folks -- go on about your business.

giftmefood

giftmefood

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 233 posts

Yeah, I wish people stopped posting op solo builds because I'm pretty sure Obsidian staff visit the forums a lot and check what's op or not... Another build bites the dust :/ 

Edited by giftmefood, 17 January 2019 - 10:09 PM.

Waski

Waski

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 136 posts
It was useful mostly against bosses, and as long You can hit few enemies with one wall you gonna extend yours buffs, it's just gonna take longer to reach desired duration. Only problem can be metal one but he can be cheesed with Lover's Embrace by any class.

Edited by Waski, 18 January 2019 - 02:15 AM.

brasilgringo

brasilgringo

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 376 posts

It was useful mostly against bosses, and as long You can hit few enemies with one wall you gonna extend yours buffs, it's just gonna take longer to reach desired duration. Only problem can be metal one but he can be cheesed with Lover's Embrace by any class.

I thought the lover's embace raw damage DOT (after a strike from stealth) expires after (x) seconds ... are you saying it's permanent like gouging strike?

Waski

Waski

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 136 posts
Till the end of the fight, I don't know if in the normal encounter bleeding would not prevent battle from stopping. But it isn't the case with the bosses (no way to finish encounter except win or loss).

Edited by Waski, 18 January 2019 - 04:46 AM.

Raven Darkholme

Raven Darkholme

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2017 posts
  • Steam:Victor_Creed_SFV

Wall stacking is only necessary if there is no low defence enemy in the fight.

Any fight with ads still works with one wall and for fights without ads you simply use Belt of Magran's chosen for the blight.

(Start out with killing your own phantom's with essence interrupter until the blight is actually there, since it can take a while)

Stacking walls on low def targets did make the buff duration go up faster. but having just one 50 will blight will still make the durations increase.

In fights with ads you might be able to hit several enemies with one wall which will still be super fast.

• brasilgringo likes this

Waski

Waski

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 136 posts
Yep, considering other nerfs (needed or not, severe or light depending on personal opinion) it's more like a slight hinderence. Build is still extremely strong.

brasilgringo

brasilgringo

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 376 posts

I'm way more annoyed they didn't at least make Arcane Cleanse have a visible hit check so we can see what it rolls against (I had one "miss" me the other night with no details available) or be resistible.

brasilgringo

brasilgringo

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 376 posts

I also need to find a way to self-generate Brilliant using Shroud of Phantom after being Cleansed, probably via self-damage (missiles, walls) if that still works.  Otherwise I can't see how to clear Sigilmaster on a non-Tactician/Battlemage wizard.

Edited by brasilgringo, 18 January 2019 - 06:45 AM.

djinnxy

djinnxy

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 131 posts
  • Deadfire Backer

Patch notes link anyone?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: poton of the final stand, blood mage, tactician, wall of draining

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users