v4.1.0 is now available on the Beta Branch

Cdiaz

Question

Hello everyone!
We have just placed our 4.1.0 patch onto the Beta Branches of Steam. Click here for instructions of how to join the Beta. Please bear in mind that many changes are still being worked on and added as we get closer to patch!  Please let us know if this patch has any unintended effects on your gamestate or if you encounter any new bugs from this patch, here in our beta forums. Thank you in advance for your help and feedback!!

Patch Notes for 4.1.0.0011
Resolved Issues

• Various typos in Forgotten Sanctum have been resolved.
  • Certain conversation prerequisites will no longer be incorrectly locked or unlocked in specific circumstances.
  • Prepared chants are now removed when respeccing a character.
  • Fixed issue where companion game objects were not removed if they left the party on the World Map.
  • The player will no longer be returned to the main menu on transitioning to or from Nekataka.
  • Characters are no longer reaching 0 HP and becoming invincible.
  • Due to the universal fix of assuring companions do not stay at 0HP and invincible, they will also not die if they leave your party due to going below deck.
  • Ciphers will receive focus for their first attack when attacking from stealth.
  • News on the Main Menu no longer displays out of date information.
  • The visual effects from Garrote originates from the correct hand.
  • Beguiler Focus will regenerate properly.
  • Fixed a bug with Wall of Frost displaying 0 base penetration.
  • Slippers of the Assassin no longer deactivate if player kills two targets at the same time with an AoE ability.
  • The journal will no longer display incorrect data when opened the first time after loading a save.
  • Disarming traps with multiple characters will no longer give multiple trap items.
    • Doors to The Scriptorium and both wings of the Halls Obscured no longer remain locked if Tayn and Llengrath have been killed before the first encounter with the Oracle.
    • Maerwald will no longer summon a Vela Clone while on Hylea's Challenge.
    • Maerwald's Soul Crush ability is no longer missing its string.
    • Revelating Missiles no longer hits Allies  as well as Enemies.
    • In the Hall of Reconfiguration, the Frightened Child's Imaginary Friends no longer bleed when struck with weapons.
    • Addressed issue where the Enchanted Armor in the Quarantined Section was remaining highlighted as an interactable when animated.
    • Salvation of Time cannot be empowered anymore.
    • Fassina is present in the Dark Cupboard if Forgotten Sanctum DLC is not installed.
    • After completing the Rauatai Coup, the Watcher can find Netehe and return the Huana Tablet to her.
    • Llengrath now remains in the Temple of Revelation after the events of the Forgotten Sanctum.
    • Enemies and Companions in the Drowned Barrows will either become knocked out or die as is intended.
    • Attacks with extra AoEs (Citzal's Spirit Lance, Whispers of the Endless Paths) will now have correct recovery when used with attack abilities.
    • The correct end choice will trigger after defeating Oracle and choosing the option to give Wael's body to Councelhaut.
    • The Courier's Calling encounter no longer triggers without Maia in party.
    • Shimmering Dreambeast now has a visual Shimmering effect to reflect its Shimmerstep ability.
    • Fixed a bug that was causing Lord Darryn's Voulge to be not obtainable if not picked up the first time the shipwreck encounter is triggered.

• Like 10

I like big bugs and I cannot lie...

Attacks with extra AoEs (Citzal's Spirit Lance, Whispers of the Endless Paths) will now have correct recovery when used with attack abilities.

Out of curiosity, what was the issue with this in 4.0?  I've used Citzal's a bit, but haven't been paying close attention to the recovery.  Does the fix make it faster or slower? 

^ After a full attack with "aoe" weapon vs 2+ targets, there was a high chance to start skipping your auto-attack recovery until you issue a new command.

Edited by MaxQuest

I hope a fix is coming for Pallegina randomly deciding to leave the party because you offended her and the VTC.  Just happened to me in 4.0.1 shortly after receiving the missive from Llengrath that starts the Forgotten Sanctum, while sailing the seas and doing nothing else interesting.  Save game was a pre-endgame save state where the version of the save has been slowly updated since 1.0.

Edited by pmchem

I think a priority needs to be fixing the loud Drake sound at the dig site and Poko Horo. It's nearly unplayable unless you beeline it to the Drake. Of course you can just turn off the sound...but Deadfire has such great sound :p

Edited by Verde

Hello everyone! We are doing a small update to our Beta Branch for both Steam and GoG. Full patch notes will be available once we set the patch live in the upcoming weeks. The following major changes have been addressed:

Patch 4.1.0.0019

• Optimized performance when targeting attacks, particularly large AoEs.
  • Only one Wall of Draining can be active at any given time.
  • Random encounters in Neketaka are guaranteed to appear after a certain number of transitions.
  • Reworked ship combat UI is no longer present in build.
  • The game no longer crashes on machines using Radeon graphics cards when the Beast of Winter destroys the bridge.

• Like 5

I like big bugs and I cannot lie...

Crash fixes good (and making the random encounters less so, so they actually happen, also good).

Prioritizing nerfing Wall of Draining over *fixing* fundamental issues in the new sub-classes -- less good.  (N.B. -- don't get me wrong, the Wall of Draining thing was OP and obviously not intended, but still, harmless in the grand scheme of things.  OTOH you have 2 new sub-classes with major bugs in their core mechanics and nothing.)

Hello everyone! We are doing a small update to our Beta Branch for both Steam and GoG. Full patch notes will be available once we set the patch live in the upcoming weeks. The following major changes have been addressed:

Patch 4.1.0.0019

• Random encounters in Neketaka are guaranteed to appear after a certain number of transitions.
  • The game no longer crashes on machines using Radeon graphics cards when the Beast of Winter destroys the bridge.

WTF "fixing" Wall of Draining when you haven't addressed the fact that Arcane Cleanse apparently cannot be resisted and has no visible to-hit roll against any kind of defense, so we can't at all see how to block it (and Arcane Reflection doesn't work). 

At least give us that if you're nerfing Wall of Draining in a way that honestly makes no sense -- I mean, why can't I put 1 wall on a set of mobs over there, and another on the boss way over there?  You're basically nerfing tactical use for an attempt to fix something that is only broken in some corner case builds in a single-player game where, if we want, we can console our stats (!).

Some fix or info to Arcane Cleanse would at least balance this nerf.

Also - the fix for current bug for Clear Out / Clean Sweep + AOE Weapon like Whispers of Endless Paths or Citzal's lance.... i think it's not just recovery, it's the fact that each AOE hits in its own AOE.... is that working as intended?

Edited by brasilgringo

Also - NO MENTION of the current bug for Clear Out / Clean Sweep + AOE Weapon like Whispers of Endless Paths or Citzal's lance.  That is *way* more game breaking.

This is indeed a very game breaking bug.

The good thing is: they wrote that they already fixed it (check the spoiler in the top post):

Attacks with extra AoEs (Citzal's Spirit Lance, Whispers of the Endless Paths) will now have correct recovery when used with attack abilities.

Edited by MaxQuest

Patch 4.1.0.0019

WTF "fixing" Wall of Draining when you haven't addressed the fact that Arcane Cleanse apparently cannot be resisted and has no visible to-hit roll against any kind of defense, so we can't at all see how to block it (and Arcane Reflection doesn't work). 

I think that's the whole point of Arcane Cleanse.

It mirrors the D&D spell Mordenkainen's Disjunction, which irrevocably dispelled and even disenchanted items with no save (and had a 1% per level chance of even disenchanting an artifact, which could attract the attention of extraplanar beings). like Arcane Cleanse it was only available at max spell level, and as such *really* had to justify being powerful over the much lower level AL3 Dispel Magic erm I mean Arcane Suppression.

Personally I think it would be great if Arcane Cleanse also at least blinked out or even disenchanted items, would make it ever more useful in high level fights. That's one downside of the per-encounter system versus the classic D&D style is that it's too afraid to make permanent or persistent changes to your characters.

Edited by thelee
  • Like 2

Patch 4.1.0.0019

I think that's the whole point of Arcane Cleanse.

It mirrors the D&D spell Mordenkainen's Disjunction, which irrevocably dispelled and even disenchanted items with no save (and had a 1% per level chance of even disenchanting an artifact, which could attract the attention of extraplanar beings). like Arcane Cleanse it was only available at max spell level, and as such *really* had to justify being powerful over the much lower level AL3 Dispel Magic erm I mean Arcane Suppression.

Personally I think it would be great if Arcane Cleanse also at least blinked out or even disenchanted items, would make it ever more useful in high level fights. That's one downside of the per-encounter system versus the classic D&D style is that it's too afraid to make permanent or persistent changes to your characters.

For me the biggest issue is that the tool-tip or mousing over the spell (Arcane Cleanse) doesn't give any clear insight into how it works or what it rolls against.  I've had it Miss against me (it did yesterday) but even mousing over the combat log did not provide clear detalis on what it rolled against to Miss.  I didn't even know Missing was possible for it before I saw the combat log.

It would be helpful for Obsidian to actually comment which nobody from Obsidian officially has done.

Plus, if they're going to keep it as 100% unresistable, at least some sort of telegraph or spell icon that makes is REALLY VISIBLE that Arcane Cleanse is being casted would be helpful.  Maybe there is one for mobs, but afaik the Sigils at Sigilmaster have no such spell-casting icons.  Plus in my testing the Sigils 100% resisted the effects of Writ of Sorcery (which should shut down all spell-casting) - it showed as being active on them, but the Cleansing sigil still kept casting Arcane Cleanse.  Shenanigans.   

(The way it is today, the Cleansing Sigil turns active and with basically no lag seems to cast Damper or Cleanse).

I have a similar issue with the Ooze megaboss attack that has Damper/Cleanse effect - maybe there is a really visible telegraph to it (like Doro's fireballs) but I haven't noticed it yet.

Edited by brasilgringo

They have bigger issues than explaining one spell, when most of the summons and Vela don't work correctly and we STILL have modals for weapons we arent using. Plus the Forgotten Sanctum DLC doesn't even start for some ppl.

Edited by Verde
  • Like 1

Just started a game in turn based mode and Eder doesn't get Constant Recovery as a free action like said in the description but instead it's launched automaticaly when the fight start .... . What is the point of a heal that only start a few round if it start before you're damaged? Especially since if you put your cursor on Constant Recovery in the skill tree it says "Free" so it should be a regular free action not something that trigger automatically at the start of the fight!

Just started a game in turn based mode and Eder doesn't get Constant Recovery as a free action like said in the description but instead it's launched automaticaly when the fight start .... . What is the point of a heal that only start a few round if it start before you're damaged? Especially since if you put your cursor on Constant Recovery in the skill tree it says "Free" so it should be a regular free action not something that trigger automatically at the start of the fight!

Constant Recovery already works like this in real-time-with-pause mode, why would it be any different in turn-based mode?