Hello! 

Haven't played the game since before the first dlc. While I still see plenty of topics in the technical forums, is the game safe to play now? Are there still annoying bugs that affect everyone? Should I wait a bit more or just go ahead and play? 

Thanks!

Hello! 

Haven't played the game since before the first dlc. While I still see plenty of topics in the technical forums, is the game safe to play now? Are there still annoying bugs that affect everyone? Should I wait a bit more or just go ahead and play? 

Thanks!

Did you have run into game-breaking bugs when you first played?

I imagine that for most people the game is very stable and bugs are cosmetic or minor annoyances. Going off on reports just from the technical support forum isn't great because it's a heavily biased sample (i.e. only people with issues will be posting there not people without issues, and some of those issues might be hard-to-reproduce weird one-offs or something that have minimal prevalence) and doesn't represent overall stability. In truth, I personally don't find the game any more or less buggy than before (maybe very slightly less buggy) because most of the stuff that I've seen fixed that I've been impacted by are occasional weird ability implementations that needed fixing, but weren't too impactful to the actual gameplay. The worst that I've personally ran into was a crash to desktop way back before the first DLC, but that got fixed real fast.

@thelee no, not really. The reason I asked here is because as you say, in the support forum only people with problems post. I'll probably go ahead with my playthrough then, but I'll wait a bit more to see if anyone else will post. Thanks thelee!

I have played the game several times and not encountered very many bugs. The only one I can recall at the moment is that sometimes the game will crash and send me back to the game start menu or the desktop but I am blaming that on the couple mods I have included. If you are going to wait until the game is 100% bug free, that might be a long wait because no games are bug free. Some games are actually released with several game breaking bugs, thankfully Obsidian is not one of those companies.

I was more worried about bugged quests as I like to complete every single one of them. But from what you're saying that is not the case. Minor bugs like @xzar_monty pointed out don't botther me. It's time to make a pale elf wizard and finish the whole game. Thanks everyone!

• Like 1