Someone can explain whats the Wall of Draining spell realy do ?

I read the wiki and not understand.. :/

It drains 1 second of benefical effects from the enemy and gives you +1 sec of benefical effects for you per tick.

Unbending is kind of special since it can be stacked with itself. So each time you trigger Unbending creates a short instance of an "healing over time" effect everytime you get damaged. So: every hit = one additional instance. With Wall of Draining you can make it so that the Unbending instances don't end (if you hit/crit with it often enough).

Usually this is limited by your Discipline: you can't trigger Unbending so often because it's expensive.

In this case however the Tactician Fighter gains Discipline with his Brilliant Inspiration that is triggered by the Chillfog on Belranga.

This means he can trigger Unbending a lot of times with endless Discipline while he can cast Wall of Draining over and over again because also his spell uses get refilled by Brilliant.

This is an endless loop: Wall of Draining makes it so that Unbending never ends and Brilliant makes it so that you can stack more and more Unbending instances AND cast more and more Walls of Draining.

You wouldn't even need Blood Mage - but it's convient as a fallback in cases where Brilliant doesn't come up.

Edit: stroke some nonsense.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Someone can explain whats the Wall of Draining spell realy do ?

I read the wiki and not understand.. :/

Unbending is kind of special since it can be stacked with itself. So each time you trigger Unbending you will have an additional instance of it active and thus will get more healing. With Wall of Draining you can make it so that Unbending doesn't end if you hit/crit with it often enough.

Usually this is limited by your Discipline: you can't trigger Unbending so often because it's expensive.

In this case however the Tactician Fighter gains Discipline with his Brilliant Inspiration that is triggered by the Chillfog on Belranga.

This means he can trigger Unbending a lot of times with endless Discipline while he can cast Wall of Draining over and over again because also his spell uses get refilled by Brilliant.

That's not how it works.

Each time you're hit during unbending you get a HOT instance (and those can stack) healing for the % of the damage received. Wall of draining just keeps those instances forever (normally they should end after a few seconds, once they healed the required %). The number of stacks is the number of hits received, not the number of times you have activated Unbending...

Edited by Kaylon
  • Like 2

Oops, sorry. Yes, that makes a lot more sense. :) I edited my post to not confuse people.

A last attempt to save my sorry a$s: what happens if you trigger Unbending multiple times manually? Does it stack as well?

Edited by Boeroer

Oops, sorry. Yes, that makes a lot more sense. :)

A last attempt to save my sorry a$s: what happens if you trigger Unbending multiple times manually? Does it stack as well?

As far as I can tell triggering Unbending via clicking the ability removes the endless stacking, so to get these type of numbers you need to cast Unbending once and never again.

Also Tactician and brilliant is not actually needed to stack unbending, actually in this fight I coulldn't get Brilliant for quite some time, since Belranga starts with super high fort.

I had to keep getting my wall back by clicking Blood Sacrifice, but the accuracy and damage of the boss at the start of the fight allows for that even with around 100ish healing from unbending and after a couple of walls the healing goes up dramatically, since the small spiders have no defence vs will and the boss is nuking you for very constant damage.

What do you guys think?

Luminous Adra Potions to remove the injuries??

Could work in heory, but without my one injury I lose immunity to interrupts from my helmet which mith be a big deal. 

Edited by Raven Darkholme

Sure - if you can replenish spell uses with Blood Sacrifice I order to cast Wall oD over an over you don't need Brilliant.

I was just thinking about another Tactician multiclass that could do the same Unbending trick. Priest with Salvation + Searing Seal for example?

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Unbending shield would give you resolute to regain concentration if you could heal fast enough without unbending trunk. I'm not sure resolute solves the problem of interrupts as fast as it attacks.

edit: Anything that would grant courageous to make you immune to interrupt could be kept up indefinitely. I don't have the time to look around now though. The only thing that comes to mind is outworn buckler.

Edited by djinnxy

Sure - if you can replenish spell uses with Blood Sacrifice I order to cast Wall oD over an over you don't need Brilliant.

I was just thinking about another Tactician multiclass that could do the same Unbending trick. Priest with Salvation + Searing Seal for example?

Yes, Salvation of time should work very similar, didn't even think about that. :D

Unbending shield would give you resolute to regain concentration if you could heal fast enough without unbending trunk. I'm not sure resolute solves the problem of interrupts as fast as it attacks.

edit: Anything that would grant courageous to make you immune to interrupt could be kept up indefinitely. I don't have the time to look around now though. The only thing that comes to mind is outworn buckler.

My theory is that either you can escape the injury leap if you're not backed into a corner or cast a phantom right before Belranga gets hurt and she might leap on it.

My main improvement is gonna be to focus the burrows earlier, so she doesn't get as many spider stacks, it's not like I need her to have -30 deflection. :D

• Like 1