Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What would you like for an hypotetical PoE3?

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

Poll: In case there is a PoE3, what story would you like? (75 member(s) have cast votes)

In case there is a PoE3, what story would you like?

1. Continue the Watcher's saga (46 votes [61.33%])

Percentage of vote: 61.33%

2. Start a new history with a new character (29 votes [38.67%])

Percentage of vote: 38.67%

Vote Guests cannot vote

InsaneCommander

InsaneCommander

(12) Mage

• Members
  • 1996 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Surely the Watcher should retire after this? How much of a beating can one person go through? Already been killed once by Eothas!

He should just appear as a cameo running a Pub or Tavern or whatever with some of the items on display he's accumulated over the years.

I think the right question is: can they come up with another way to make the Watcher start at level 0 again?

• Kampel likes this

uuuhhii

uuuhhii

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 361 posts

Surely the Watcher should retire after this? How much of a beating can one person go through? Already been killed once by Eothas!

He should just appear as a cameo running a Pub or Tavern or whatever with some of the items on display he's accumulated over the years.

I think the right question is: can they come up with another way to make the Watcher start at level 0 again?

cannot pull good old amnesia protagonist trick again

technically it already happened in deadfire

so maybe get soul stuff into a construct and have to find the body before it expire?

InsaneCommander

InsaneCommander

(12) Mage

• Members
  • 1996 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

cannot pull good old amnesia protagonist trick again

technically it already happened in deadfire

so maybe get soul stuff into a construct and have to find the body before it expire?

The only way I can think that wouldn't look bad is to reincarnate in another body. But that would be problematic considering the story.

Frak

Frak

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 241 posts

The only way I can think that wouldn't look bad is to reincarnate in another body. But that would be problematic considering the story.

Loop-de-loop. We start by being reincarnated as Maerwald. Whole games is about avoiding being killed by some weirdass character seeing visions travelling with a farm boy chewing whiteleaf while we fight for dominance over other personalities.

Ends with a faceoff under Caed Nua.

DozingDragon

DozingDragon

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 240 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
How to get the Watcher back at level 1 for a sequel:

At the start of PoE 3, the Watcher is captured and put on trial by the Steel Garrote for the murder of Thaos and for “aiding” Eothas. One of the gods or another force intervenes before the Watcher is executed by the Strangler, and instead, Woedica siphons the Watcher’s Essence into herself.

Aranduin

Aranduin

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 181 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

More Watcher. We need F**k more god's plans. They are a cancer of Eora, we are the cure

Edited by Aranduin, 11 January 2019 - 10:44 AM.

• InsaneCommander and bringingyouthefuture like this

DigitalCrack

DigitalCrack

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 405 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Would like to see the story go to the living lands, sounds like a very interesting locale.  Lots you could do with it due to its diversity of biomes.  You could have a colony there as the new cad nua/ship.

Edited by DigitalCrack, Today, 05:13 PM.

• InsaneCommander and Kampel like this

Verde

Verde

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1129 posts
  • Steam:DragonSoundxSG

*Begins sharpening pitchfork*

Edited by Verde, 11 January 2019 - 05:07 PM.

InsaneCommander

InsaneCommander

(12) Mage

• Members
  • 1996 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Loop-de-loop. We start by being reincarnated as Maerwald. Whole games is about avoiding being killed by some weirdass character seeing visions travelling with a farm boy chewing whiteleaf while we fight for dominance over other personalities.

Ends with a faceoff under Caed Nua.

Half of the game would be mental battles against other personalities. :p

the_dog_days

the_dog_days

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1147 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

They could just do it and not offer an explanation like most games do.  :shrugz:

Boeroer

Boeroer

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 13939 posts
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

OR - you die, but do a 360°-Thaos and remember your past life. There, I did it. You can thank my later...

"I'll take rebirth for 2000!" 

Thibax

Thibax

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 43 posts

Watcher back to see one more adventure.

Edér and Aloth back for all sure. 

InsaneCommander

InsaneCommander

(12) Mage

• Members
  • 1996 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Pallegina will definitely be back. And she will blame you for the things she wanted to do in Deadfire.

• the_dog_days and Nssheepster like this

Frog Man

Frog Man

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 310 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
I think Serafen and Xoti make for great candidates to come back. I’d love to see a character or two that wasn’t playable in Deadfire join as a companion as well: Furrante, Governor Clario, Aeldys, Atsura, Nemnok!

Also not sure what they’d plan for the stronghold, but I’d be thrilled to see the ship back!! I know not everyone was thrilled with the entirety of the systems involved, but it was fun as hell having my own ship :)

Nssheepster

Nssheepster

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 99 posts

Pallegina will definitely be back. And she will blame you for the things she wanted to do in Deadfire.

Yeah... Pallegina really annoyed me in this one. YOU wanted to do the right thing, and now you blame ME? On top of that, she's suddenly flipped her personality from 'This isn't right' to 'I will murder children and kick small puppies for the Republics'.

• InsaneCommander likes this

Grimo88

Grimo88

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 151 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
Remove pen system.

Ditch stronghold entirely. It has been nothing but tedious busywork in two iterations.

Another city like Neketaka. Loved it.

Less trash and combat encounters in general. Less monsters with bloated HP that feel like a chore to grind down once you’ve stripped them of their allies and defenses.

No sidekicks. I just don’t get it.

Back to the old DLC model of one big expansion (pleeeeeeaaaaase).

No ****ing romances, please. You had this right the first time.

Nssheepster

Nssheepster

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 99 posts

I honestly hate Neketaka and Defiance Bay. There's so much to do that I either skip a MASSIVE amount of content or I end up feeling trapped in the city, constantly going back and forth, loading over and over as I spend more time talking than fighting... And the talking isn't all that engaging when I have a main quest that's far more important hanging over my head, that the city's quests have little to do with.

Sidekicks aren't really my jam but they are... Okay? Like I don't find myself annoyed that they exist, they seem like a nice option, just not an option I choose to take usually.

Less Combat Encounters though? Not down with that. At that point, dump the graphics and make it a text based game. There are good text based games to be had, if you don't want a lot of combat, just wandering around talking to people.

Grimo88

Grimo88

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 151 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

I honestly hate Neketaka and Defiance Bay. There's so much to do that I either skip a MASSIVE amount of content or I end up feeling trapped in the city, constantly going back and forth, loading over and over as I spend more time talking than fighting... And the talking isn't all that engaging when I have a main quest that's far more important hanging over my head, that the city's quests have little to do with.

Sidekicks aren't really my jam but they are... Okay? Like I don't find myself annoyed that they exist, they seem like a nice option, just not an option I choose to take usually.

Less Combat Encounters though? Not down with that. At that point, dump the graphics and make it a text based game. There are good text based games to be had, if you don't want a lot of combat, just wandering around talking to people.

Hated Defiance, loved Neketaka. Had an Athkatla vibe but less overwhelming. Matter of taste, though.

More discerning amounts of combat might be a better way of putting it. Varied challenges like SSS but out in the world. Not the same combination of mobs I’ve pulled 3 times already. Think of a good dungeon flow in a good PnP module.

Edited by Grimo88, 13 January 2019 - 10:51 PM.

• IndiraLightfoot likes this

Nssheepster

Nssheepster

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 99 posts

Ah THAT I can get behind. Yeah a lot of combat is very... spiky, I guess? It's either easy as hell or it's flooding you with debuffs/numbers and you're at serious risk of wiping at any time. If it was either/or, that could be dealt with, by going up and down in difficulty levels. The weird spikes, not my jam. I expect a spike in a boss fight. I don't expect a spike on the tutorial island when I walk into an area intending to deal with a thug diplomatically.

Thibax

Thibax

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 43 posts

I think Serafen and Xoti make for great candidates to come back. I’d love to see a character or two that wasn’t playable in Deadfire join as a companion as well: Furrante, Governor Clario, Aeldys, Atsura, Nemnok!

Also not sure what they’d plan for the stronghold, but I’d be thrilled to see the ship back!! I know not everyone was thrilled with the entirety of the systems involved, but it was fun as hell having my own ship :)

Next Stronghold?

Ship? No.

The sky is the answer.

Airship? No.

A dragon. :)

Well, we could live inside a big ancient tree.

I would love this magic place.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users