What would you like for an hypotetical PoE3?

In case there is a PoE3, what story would you like?  

143 members have voted

1. 1. In case there is a PoE3, what story would you like?

• Continue the Watcher's saga
    • Start a new history with a new character

Maybe have the tables changed on the gods somehow so that they are now put more into a place of submission rather than ordering people around like in PoE1 and 2, and you'd have to decide if you want to help them or not. I dunno, it could go to a lot of cool places.

Somebody once suggested

have the depowered gods as companions.

I'd have a lot of fun with then. But not all of them would agree. :)

• Like 1

sign.jpg

Shrug. Minoletta's Minor Missiles alone is valuable in almost every fight. There are more than a few spells that may not be 'the best' in every situation, but are generically good at almost all times. Sure, maybe you don't have a spell for every level that's good in X fight...

Errrr... ok. At least he will be looking good casting Minoletta’s Minir Missile while the actual spell will be eaten by enemy armor, because they don’t happen to be vulnerable to crush/corrode.

Sure, with varied repertoire you might have a spell or two per fight to cast, but I feel it’s not enough to justify wizards presence in the party. Wizards flexibility to adapt to every encounter (not a big fan of wizard’s subclasses) is their best strength, IMO.

@Boeroer you make we want to try multi-classed wizard, I was thinking about making a wiz as my 3rd character.

I'm not sure basing the end of a trilogy on a easily-miserable sidekick is a good idea ;)

The idea isn't to "base" the 3rd story on Rekke. He's just the hook to get you from PoE2 to PoE3. You could very conceivably just dump him when you return him to "Rekke Land", and go on your merry way, with Rekke having nothing more to do with the story.

You know what I mean. Even as a hook, it's risky.

I'd like, and I'm pretty sure it will be, a direct sequel considering the Watcher's story isn't finished. As for general stuff I'd like:

1) Complete removal of the AR/Pen system. I despise it and more importantly Pen has been a god stat since the beta.

3) Dump half the sub classes. There's currently over 1,600 different class combinations and that's all well and good except that balancing is probably impossible at this point just because of the sheer number of man hours it would take. Getting rid of half would go a long way towards making each sub class both unique and useful.

4) Return of Endurance. Endurance/Health was one of the more inspired game design choices of POE1 and then they dumped in favor for the injury system in 2.

5) Retool rest. Rest systems have never really worked in video games as well as they do in pen and paper but there has to be a better outcome than Deadfire's rest system.

6) Abandon Empower/Power level. There are several reasons I don't like current multiclassing works and one those is because it gives every class a resource pool which particularly obnoxious if you're playing a class that already has a resource pool (monk, cipher, chanter). Also, Empower is always either going to be too powerful or not powerful enough which is compounded by rest spamming having no consequence.

7) A new location. This is the only one bound to happen.

I agree with the points above...

I'm not sure basing the end of a trilogy on a easily-miserable sidekick is a good idea ;)

The idea isn't to "base" the 3rd story on Rekke. He's just the hook to get you from PoE2 to PoE3. You could very conceivably just dump him when you return him to "Rekke Land", and go on your merry way, with Rekke having nothing more to do with the story.

You know what I mean. Even as a hook, it's risky.

OK, but I guess that I like the idea of exploring what would be a land that's totally unknown to the Watcher.  And if that land was to be "Rekke Land", it seems like Rekke is the story link to give the writers a reason to send the Watcher there.

Right now, I don't know what's going on in the Watcher's mind.  (I haven't played the DLC's yet, and don't know if they'd have any effect on this.)  Caed Nua has been destroyed.  Would he want to go back and rebuild?  Or being the stranger in the strange land of the Deadfire (if he's not from there in the first place, of course), would the Watcher want to take this opportunity to go exploring?  Maybe the Watcher might feel some sort of obligation to get Rekke home, if that's what Rekke even wants.  After all, why was Rekke in the Deadfire (albeit shipwrecked) in the first place?  Meh, who knows?

Or the writers may go in a totally different direction.  If they stick to the existing and known locations on Eora, then I think that I'd like to see the Living Lands used because if its wide variety of environments.  I'd think that that would make for a wide and wild variety of locations that would be fun to explore.   OTOH, a place like the White That Wends might be a bit boring, and reminiscent of Icewind Dale.   

Of course, the basic concept of the plot might drive which location is chosen. So, again, who knows?

Surely the Watcher should retire after this? How much of a beating can one person go through? Already been killed once by Eothas!

He should just appear as a cameo running a Pub or Tavern or whatever with some of the items on display he's accumulated over the years.

• Like 1

nowt

Surely the Watcher should retire after this? How much of a beating can one person go through? Already been killed once by Eothas!

He should just appear as a cameo running a Pub or Tavern or whatever with some of the items on display he's accumulated over the years.

Hahaha, a Watcher's work is never over! Yours wouldn't be either if you could communicate with dead people :p

At the top of my head I would like:

-Different setting than pirates and medieval, maybe somewhere in the world or in the near future in which Animancy became the norm for technological advancements so it would be like Arcane-steampunk thing. An animancy driven world. And waaay darker story

-Return of endurance or a better system for resting and wounds, something which doesnt break the entire resource management point

• Like 1

-Return of endurance or a better system for resting and wounds, something which doesnt break the entire resource management point

steal the darkest dungeons stress system

if ur characters dont rest, stress accumulates, they go HUGLAUGLHUALGUHAGGAAAG, start slinging random abilities in fights and attacking each other.

all ur dialogue options get replaced with 'my dad is two men in a horse costume' and 'is there any way to generate a nude tayn?'

fun for all the family.

• Like 1

I AM A RENISANCE MAN

I think the right question is: can they come up with another way to make the Watcher start at level 0 again?

• Like 1

sign.jpg

I think the right question is: can they come up with another way to make the Watcher start at level 0 again?

cannot pull good old amnesia protagonist trick again

technically it already happened in deadfire

so maybe get soul stuff into a construct and have to find the body before it expire?

cannot pull good old amnesia protagonist trick again

technically it already happened in deadfire

so maybe get soul stuff into a construct and have to find the body before it expire?

The only way I can think that wouldn't look bad is to reincarnate in another body. But that would be problematic considering the story.

sign.jpg

The only way I can think that wouldn't look bad is to reincarnate in another body. But that would be problematic considering the story.

Loop-de-loop. We start by being reincarnated as Maerwald. Whole games is about avoiding being killed by some weirdass character seeing visions travelling with a farm boy chewing whiteleaf while we fight for dominance over other personalities.

Ends with a faceoff under Caed Nua.

Nerf Troubadour!

How to get the Watcher back at level 1 for a sequel:

At the start of PoE 3, the Watcher is captured and put on trial by the Steel Garrote for the murder of Thaos and for “aiding” Eothas. One of the gods or another force intervenes before the Watcher is executed by the Strangler, and instead, Woedica siphons the Watcher’s Essence into herself.

• Like 1

*Begins sharpening pitchfork* Edited by Verde

Loop-de-loop. We start by being reincarnated as Maerwald. Whole games is about avoiding being killed by some weirdass character seeing visions travelling with a farm boy chewing whiteleaf while we fight for dominance over other personalities.

Ends with a faceoff under Caed Nua.

Half of the game would be mental battles against other personalities. :p

sign.jpg

They could just do it and not offer an explanation like most games do.  :shrugz:

I think Serafen and Xoti make for great candidates to come back. I’d love to see a character or two that wasn’t playable in Deadfire join as a companion as well: Furrante, Governor Clario, Aeldys, Atsura, Nemnok!

Also not sure what they’d plan for the stronghold, but I’d be thrilled to see the ship back!! I know not everyone was thrilled with the entirety of the systems involved, but it was fun as hell having my own ship :)

Pallegina will definitely be back. And she will blame you for the things she wanted to do in Deadfire.

Yeah... Pallegina really annoyed me in this one. YOU wanted to do the right thing, and now you blame ME? On top of that, she's suddenly flipped her personality from 'This isn't right' to 'I will murder children and kick small puppies for the Republics'.

• Like 1