Questions the the Devs - Take 2

Hair down beyond the neck makes it difficult for them because that way individual models have to be made for the different classes for that one face i.e. in kotor nobody had hair length beyond their neck so that a head could effectively be 'put' onto a body, whereas if hair was longer so it touched the body it could cause some clipping problems blah blah.

I don't see why you would have to make hair for each class. Just stick a bone in it.

Yaw devs, Yaw!!! (

It's a trick to get us all to buy the associated core ruleset books.

I wouldn't be surprised if some stuff might have to be omitted from the manual to prevent some sort of infringement......it would be wierd, but who knows?

KotOR plays pretty fast and loose with the D20 rules, so I don't know that the manuals would be that helpful. I reckon they can get away with this because WotC licences Star Wars from Lucasarts, so it is Lucasarts who wield the big stick.

Thus the developers have to respect the Star Wars univese but can do pretty much what they like with D20.

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

Be that as it may, I would rather they implement more of the rules of WotC Star Wars D20 rules. For instance, more skills would be nice.

We thought about adding more skills (Bargain, Astrogation, Crafting among them), but we weren't sure how much mileage these skills would actually get, and to be honest, Bioware seemed to capture the core ones in K1.

We eventually decided rather than just adding skills, we'd just try to refine the existing ones so you could get more use out of them. For example, Awareness now doubles as Sense Motive, Repair and Treat Injury factor in more strongly since you can use medpacs and repair kits on other party members, etc.

It's a trick to get us all to buy the associated core ruleset books.

I wouldn't be surprised if some stuff might have to be omitted from the manual to prevent some sort of infringement......it would be wierd, but who knows?

Nah, it's all in the Prima Strategy Guide.....I gave in and bought it being a newbie to RPGs, so I'm gonna have to go with Weiser Cain's theory. <_<

Just a quick technical question. Some of us unfortunate wretches are unlucky enough to have Radeon IGP's, and found that KOTORI ran, really quite badly on it. With all the graphical enchancements (rain etc.), will KOTORII run even worse? :lol:

Blue lorry yellow lorry blue lorry yellow lorry blorry. D'oh.

Just watched the 'teaser' on the lucasarts site, and I must say it looked impressive. However, when they showed combat, the protagonist was fighting two opponents (two creatures). He slashed in at one of them, but completely ignored the other one.

Luckily, one of the teammembers kept firing at the creature, so it eventually ran over to that teammember and died.

Is there any way that there will be combat against multiple opponent; will there be combat ala Darth Maul? It seems a bit odd when fighting three opponents that when you are striking one opponent you completely ignore the other two. I'm not asking for miracles here, just a block animation replacing the dodge (against the opponent you are not physically attacking) would be awesome.

I await your response with great eagerness :p

Mr U

Akari said in another thread that we won't see this in KOTOR:2.

The engine is based somewhat loosely on the D20 rules-set. So combat parses one attack round, and one attack roll at a time. Attack rolls are made against a single target.

You'd have to seriously revamp the whole rules-set, and thusly the engine to engage multiple targets at once.

Guest Michael Chu
Sense Motive

Sense Motive? ;)

As the name suggests, your ability to tell if an NPC is lying to you, or their intentions in general.

So will I be able to get through the game if I focus on my skills? or for that matter my force powers? I played through the game as a darkside consular expecting to lay out Malak with my awe insipreing force lightning(which by the way I thought was too easy to get in the first place). Not only did he run right through my lightning(dodgeing or resisting?) even when it hit he didn't even flinch. Is lightning going to change to be more like the movie where Palpatine layed out Luke and killed Vader with it or is it just goint to be another meaningless lightshow that you can get at levet six and does moderate damage but you still better be ready to pick up a lightsaber or run?

Yaw devs, Yaw!!! (

Guest Michael Chu
So will I be able to get through the game if I focus on my skills? or for that matter my force powers? I played through the game as a darkside consular expecting to lay out Malak with my awe insipreing force lightning(which by the way I thought was too easy to get in the first place). Not only did he run right through my lightning(dodgeing or resisting?) even when it hit he didn't even flinch. Is lightning going to change to be more like the movie where Palpatine layed out Luke and killed Vader with it or is it just goint to be another meaningless lightshow that you can get at levet six and does moderate damage but you still better be ready to pick up a lightsaber or run?

While we're tweaking with skills and Force Powers to make them better/more useful/more balanced in KotOR2, it's likely that there will still be examples of powers not working consistently with what you'd expect in a Star Wars movie. This is pretty much unavoidable, as the movies get to do nice dramatic things like one-shot, crippling Force lightning, but in a game, these powers are toned down, in the same way that you can chop someone with a lightsaber and they can survive it (and remain in one piece!), or how someone can be blasted over and over again before dying (whereas people looked pretty un-blasterproof in the movies).