Questions the the Devs - Take 2

Devs, this is a little awkward but...ummm... Where are you people? Even from the standpoint of a humble three-time poster on this forum, I can tell you there's a serious problem developing here. I'm not accusing you of negelcting your duties, just consider this a subtle hint.

The string of unanswered extending from May 25 is quickly becoming a horrifying spectacle. I think its time for you to take the stage and say your piece. If I've offended you in anyway please accept this rarely-used triple smiley:

manthing2.jpg

Maybe the devs are all busy actually working on the game?

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

I'm not sure whether this question has been asked, and I haven't really searched for it, so my sincere apologies if it has been.

In KOTOR 1, when a character engaged (melee) more than one opponent, he would just focus on one, and the others would just slash in on him. Is there going to be an updated system in which 1 vs 2 combat is possible without having one opponent being slashed to bits?

Mr U

With flat-screens and LCD's becoming common, we start seeing this.

I just read about new "wearable" displays that will be flexible. There is also a technology already on the streets for displays that go right over your eyes. They tranpose laser-images over your normal vision so that a doctor could see a diagram on anatomy while performing surgery and such.

Monitor flipping may be very feasible in the near future.

In sith lords please please let certain characters clothing look distinct i have all the exar kun armours but they look like every other armour like it i come across, except for the colors. please let certain main character named armours look different kinda like how revan armour was. also hold lightsaber different for each class and mastery level. like how malak did. like a sith assassin may hold his backwards figing in a ninjitsu style.

some really cool sith masks would be cool since you wont be able to wear sith face paint.

While I think of it - I'll add the fact that I didn't like the 'Dark Side look' of my character. Although I knew I was going to change appearance, I was sorta hoping for facial tattoos and stuff.

The really pale face just didn't do it for me.

(Although the evil underwear was pretty kewl)

Will there be any kind of name recognition? I don't mean anything major, just maybe like an off hand comment or two if you have the same name as someone else. Like for example KOTOR1, you could name the PC Revan yet no one would even seem to notice... And of course there's the "I'm not Revan anymore, I'm Revan now" or how ever it the line went..

Not sure if anyone(officially) asked this yet but will I be able to have long-down-to-my-knees hair?

Will I be able to change my hair half-way through the game?

Will Implants, gauntlets, and upgrades show on my character?

Will I actually be able to snipe someone instead of running up to them and then missing?

Yaw devs, Yaw!!! (

Not sure if anyone(officially) asked this yet but will I be able to have long-down-to-my-knees hair?

Will I be able to change my hair half-way through the game?

Will Implants, gauntlets, and upgrades show on my character?

Will I actually be able to snipe someone instead of running up to them and then missing?

I need to update the list, but MCA said today that belts and gauntlets probably won't show on your character model.

Hair down beyond the neck makes it difficult for them because that way individual models have to be made for the different classes for that one face i.e. in kotor nobody had hair length beyond their neck so that a head could effectively be 'put' onto a body, whereas if hair was longer so it touched the body it could cause some clipping problems blah blah.

This was already implemented in KOTOR:1.

Lightsabers are modified by either STR or DEX, which ever is higher.  And armor does affect your DEX.  Each armor has a maximum DEX bonus.  If you DEX is 16, and you have a DEX bonus of 3, but you put heavy armor on (with a max DEX bonus of 2), then your bonus is reduced to 2.

Um, where did you get that info from? I must have missed that completely in the manual.

Anyway, a question to the developers:

Will Lightsaber Mastery feats, from the Star Wars RPG Hero's Guide be included? And seeing how Jedi Masters have different fighting styles ( Count Dooku uses Lightsaber Mastery Form II, Mace Windu Form VI, Obi Wan Form IV in Episode I and Form III in Episode II, to mention examples ), could those be represented by Jedi using different fighting styles in the game, too?

Magnus

Devs:

In the new Game Informer it was stated that one of the new saber colors was going to be silver. Was curious if you're able to confirm this or not. I tend to not trust info from the mags.

alot of magazine info has been off

silver eh?