Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What is coming

PC hardware spec

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Keyrock

Keyrock

Obsidian Order Rodent Tamer

• Members
  • 7388 posts
  • Steam:Keyrock
  • PSN Portable ID:Unfrozen_Keyrock
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
Gabbo-is-coming.jpg
  • ShadySands and Malcador like this

LadyCrimson

LadyCrimson

Obsidian VIP

• Members
  • 9040 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Is your old rig actually about to break or do you just feel like you want a new one now?

There's always a reason to wait on hardware etc. to the point where if you keep waiting, you may find you never buy, haha. Take it from someone who's been considering building a new rig for maybe 4 years and still hasn't done it. :p I definitely know the feeling of being out of the loop (not to mention "too old for this ****" and no idea what direction to turn.

The last time I/hubby priced out a new rig (Win10 one, intended for more 4k gaming but not in a super-picky way) a few months ago I was in the realm of $3000 and that didn't include new monitors. I was going for the intel 9600 I think it was, and an RTX 2080ti, w/32 RAM, 1TB SSD and a couple internal storage HDD's, a case, etc. I'm very (probably irrationally, but there it is) stuck on intel and nvidia tho. By the time I think about it again in 3-6 months, there'll probably be a new cpu or something. Pfffft. :biggrin:

• Chilloutman likes this

Chilloutman

Chilloutman

(10) Necromancer

• Members
  • 1469 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Is your old rig actually about to break or do you just feel like you want a new one now?

There's always a reason to wait on hardware etc. to the point where if you keep waiting, you may find you never buy, haha. Take it from someone who's been considering building a new rig for maybe 4 years and still hasn't done it. :p I definitely know the feeling of being out of the loop (not to mention "too old for this ****" and no idea what direction to turn.

The last time I/hubby priced out a new rig (Win10 one, intended for more 4k gaming but not in a super-picky way) a few months ago I was in the realm of $3000 and that didn't include new monitors. I was going for the intel 9600 I think it was, and an RTX 2080ti, w/32 RAM, 1TB SSD and a couple internal storage HDD's, a case, etc. I'm very (probably irrationally, but there it is) stuck on intel and nvidia tho. By the time I think about it again in 3-6 months, there'll probably be a new cpu or something. Pfffft. :biggrin:

We are exactly in same spont :biggrin:

Honestly I would not think about new PC if some new games I want to play are not comming in (eg Cyberpung) which will need new HW. Also my old rig is starting to be really slow, those loading times without SSD are getting ridiculous lately

Chilloutman

Chilloutman

(10) Necromancer

• Members
  • 1469 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Gabbo-is-coming.jpg

I know its bit different word but it reminded me of:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PC, hardware, spec

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users