Changes in enemy levels? (Classic difficulty with level scaling)

Did the last update make significant changes in some of the bounty and other quest levels? Specifically in the bounties offered in Dunnage for  the Imp and the other related bounties from Dessiral and the other one in Sacred Stair area Symbols of Death - My crew is currently at 13 and some of these are still considerably above me - I don't recall this being the case in earlier run throughs? 

Nomadic Wayfarer of the Obsidian Order

Not all those that wander are lost...

It's possible. I have also been struggling with some of the bounties.

Here's a question for you: does your journal indicate (with white or red skulls) that these bounties are "considerably above" you, as you say? My journal most certainly doesn't.

No my journal lists the difficulty of every quest as at or below my current level with success likely  :huh:  -

when I actually encounter the area signs for some areas in the islands indicate red skulls (warning me of failure) and once I engage a group in a populated area where those signs do not exist I see them as well when I hover the cursor over them (but not prior to engagement thus not allowing me to decide to not engage).

• Like 1

Yeah. I have the exact same thing. It appears the difficulty indicators are not working. Very frustrating. Also, astonishing to see this kind of thing this long after release and after so many patches.

I'm thinking it may be linked to choosing "level scaling" at the start - if you have level scaling then it might follow that in most cases (assuming it was working) that would be close enough in level to mean you should be able to accomplish it at least as far as the journal is concerned - I DO get some other warnings with the skulls etc altho as noted above not in a timely enough manner to avoid starting a fight - 

The thing is I am fairly sure I have ALWAYs chosen "level scaling" and I'm fairly certain I did these areas before at levels perhaps even lower than the 13  I am currently at without issue which is why I asked about any recent changes.  ;(