Why don't drugs work?

hollerer

Question

9 answers to this question

So I'm in combat, I take white leaf. The character manages the cooldowns and does the animation but the drug effects don't take place and neither was the drug consumed. He still has the same amount left.

It works for me - like before.

Were you invisible when trying to take whiteleaf maybe?

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Bye!

My game's been broken since the 16th, when exactly should I hope on a fix? I tried everything. Fix your game, Obsidian. I have been playing Obsidian games since I was 14 (so, over 15 years) and never run into a bug that I couldn't fix until this DLC. I beat the megabosses, I beat every ship fight I could find, I just want to play this game and I can't because it's broken. This is typical of Microsoft, but not the Obsidian I grew up with and loved. Obsidian games have always been buggy, but there's always been a prompt fix...until now.

Edited by Carnifexus

So I'm in combat, I take white leaf. The character manages the cooldowns and does the animation but the drug effects don't take place and neither was the drug consumed. He still has the same amount left.

It works for me - like before.

Were you invisible when trying to take whiteleaf maybe?

No I was in ship battle. I took whiteleaf with one character, it didn't get consumed, then took coral snuff with another, didn't get consumed either.

For what do you linger here?

I've experienced it as well. Seemed to happen at start of combat and I got the impression it had something to do with automatic behavior interfering.

It does the animation, but the drug is not consumed. My workaround was to try again shortly after or turn automatic behavior off while ingesting. Didn't test it much.

Nerf Troubadour!

Hello everyone!

Thank you for reporting the issue and for helping support Hollerer :)  

Hollerer, would you be able to send me a copy of your save so we can have some folks test your party and see what might be going on here?  If needed, you can find instructions on where the saves are located here.  Feel free to post the save here, but if it is too big to post in the forums you can send it to me at support@obsidian.net.

Carnifexus, I just want to be sure, but is this the bug you are talking about? https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/98916-chanter-not-actually-chanting-their-phrases/?p=2123942

That one is as you've noticed still unfixed but still being investigated as there are multiple folks who still have this issue.  As far as I can see, the programmers are still looking for a way to make this fix work retroactively. The programmer in charge of this one is out today, but I took a message so I can inquire with him when he gets back tomorrow.  I sincerely apologize for this issue and the lengthiness this bug has been around.

If there are any other questions please let me know and I will answer them to the best of my ability.

Thanks again and sorry for the issues you folks have run into.

• Like 1

Hello everyone!

Hollerer, would you be able to send me a copy of your save so we can have some folks test your party and see what might be going on here?  If needed, you can find instructions on where the saves are located here.  Feel free to post the save here, but if it is too big to post in the forums you can send it to me at support@obsidian.net.

Carnifexus, I just want to be sure, but is this the bug you are talking about? https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/98916-chanter-not-actually-chanting-their-phrases/?p=2123942

That one is as you've noticed still unfixed but still being investigated as there are multiple folks who still have this issue.  As far as I can see, the programmers are still looking for a way to make this fix work retroactively. The programmer in charge of this one is out today, but I took a message so I can inquire with him when he gets back tomorrow.  I sincerely apologize for this issue and the lengthiness this bug has been around.

If there are any other questions please let me know and I will answer them to the best of my ability.

Yep, been a while, but I submitted a bug report through the proper channels...definitely sucked not to have the game I'd planned to play to get me through the Holidays, but that's over now...hope there's a fix, but if there isn't soon I'm just going to have to uninstall because I need room on my SSD. 

Hello everyone!

Hi, I put my saved game in the presented e-mail.

For what do you linger here?