Football (Soccer) 2018-19

daven

9 hours ago, daven said:

Mike Ashley just bought out Game... so I don't think Newcastle are getting any new players this season... oh and Rafa has packed his bags.

Yeah, when I posted that, there'd been recent news about a possible Middle Eastern oil buyout of the club, but I guess that's run into some obstacles.

• Like 1

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Bah, France was disappointing.  Would rather the damn English win this over the Americans

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Germany finally found out, disappointing but hopefully they come back better.   Sort of sucks how this impacts qualification for the Olympics though

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

On 6/28/2019 at 2:35 PM, HoonDing said:

I can see how these teams lose to -15 boys team.

Ah yes, the infamous informal kick-about skirmish that led to the most decisive defeat in women's soccer history. Right.

https://www.90min.com/posts/4833646-some-people-think-it-s-funny-that-the-usa-women-s-national-team-were-apparently-beaten-by-u15-boys

• Like 1

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

Soccer isn't my jam but I've seen variations of the same kind of argument in basketball. I've played against and occasionally beaten college and NBA players in pickup games when I was in high school but nobody was stupid enough to think we were actually better than them.

• Hmmm 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

England vs USA today in WWC.  Both nations have insufferable fans, so whoever wins, we all lose. 😛

• Hmmm 1

4 hours ago, Malcador said:

England vs USA today in WWC.  Both nations have insufferable fans, so whoever wins, we all lose. 😛

tenor.gif?itemid=8455512

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

England choking again with a terrible penalty.  Backing Sweden.

18 hours ago, Malcador said:

England choking again with a terrible penalty.  Backing Sweden.

Well at least they have the record. Most missed penalty kicks in the World Cup. Woo-hoo.
⚽

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqJpH4-LGpp52MwPiRReO

Answer: USA wins the FIFA World Cup!

Question: What is something American Women can do that American Men can't?

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

A sad day when any American wins.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, rjshae said:

Hey, congrats on making it to the round of 16.

Who ? Oh Canada ? Wish they didn't even reach that, seeing Sinclair weep at defeat was glorious.

Got tickets for the opening match of the Premier League next season, finally going to visit Anfield. Can't wait!

I think this season will be even easier for City though. Can't see Liverpool getting 97 points again, especially with Klopp refusing to buy new star players. That's both Klopp's strength and weakness - he absolutely loves his players and truly believes in them, which leads to him not wanting to replace them, or buy competitors for them (seemingly).

On 7/9/2019 at 5:11 PM, Maedhros said:

Got tickets for the opening match of the Premier League next season, finally going to visit Anfield. Can't wait!

I think this season will be even easier for City though. Can't see Liverpool getting 97 points again, especially with Klopp refusing to buy new star players. That's both Klopp's strength and weakness - he absolutely loves his players and truly believes in them, which leads to him not wanting to replace them, or buy competitors for them (seemingly).

Yeah that was the perfect chance for Liverpool last season, City will dominate again... Man U are utter garbage, Chelsea probably won't do much. Spurs were terrible the second half of the season if that form continues they are done.

Are you a Norwich fan then?

nowt

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats to USA by the way for the womens Wc.

I'm sick of hearing players over here complaining they don't get paid same as the men. Well, first of all the men all get paid wildly different amounts, and second i'd like to see any of them play as good as the men.

nowt

On 7/12/2019 at 9:42 PM, daven said:

Yeah that was the perfect chance for Liverpool last season, City will dominate again... Man U are utter garbage, Chelsea probably won't do much. Spurs were terrible the second half of the season if that form continues they are done.

Are you a Norwich fan then?

No, I'm a Liverpool fan. Have been since my father indoctrinated me when I was 5 years old. So finally going to Anfield is gonna be special.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Seattle Sounders win the MLS cup for the second time. Su-weet!!!

Toronto made us earn it though. It was a nerve-wracking first 57 minutes before we finally scored. What a feeling winning the championship in front of your own fans though.

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder how long it'll take me to stop doing a double take when I see headlines containing "Spurs boss Jose Mourinho". It's something straight out of Football Manager.

I did feel it was time though. As a wise man once said, "sometimes people outgrow one another, it's very sad but you can't let it drag you down." First away win in eleven months, strewth.

• Like 1

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G