Hey All,

I am trying to find an offensive build for Liberator that will work on POTD difficulty.  I already know of the Bleak Walker/Fury combo that has 4 different damage types but I have a problem playing the cruel/aggressive disposition of Bleak Walkers (Unless I really don't need to follow it, does it only impact defenses?)

Is there another type of liberator build that would be beneficial?  I am partial to any offensive/tanky builds but I know there are probably some great support combos that I am not thinking of.

Thanks for you help!

I'm sure you could make a nice healer/tank from Kind Wayfarer/Livegiver.

There's also the sturdy melee combo Goldpact/Shifter. Especially in Bear form the AR is pretty high and the combo FoD/Wildstrike is decent for offense.

You could also use Steel Garrotte. It's very easy to place afflictions as a Druid and the you could drain life from afflicted enemies. But they are cruel as well.

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Hmm, it seems like a Goldpact/shifter can be pretty sturdy in regards to armor rating with the various Druid buffs, bear form, gold enmity, and even stoic steel. Damage should be decent as you said, you can even add on the various storm spells to increase impact.

Does Armor Rating eventually fall off in POTD? I imagine it loses its effectiveness past a certain point?

The major advantage of spiritshift is indeed the armor, which is basically a Robe (0% recovery) with +5AR which is an enormous bonus.

Ultimately it reaches legendary quality, so it doesn't fall off.

Bears do get +2AR on top of that.

No equipment comes close from this.

So Spiritshift is ideal for any tanky DPS build.

=> That's why Goldpact/Bear is so great.

However, claws on their own are overall mediocre, even with Wildstrike and endgame legendary quality, except for cat's claws, due to mediocre damages and lack of special.

On the other hand, I think that Cat's claws are the highest DPS weapon of the game (with Wildstrike), even without Flurry.

Claws work well with FoD.

=> That's why Paladin/Cat is so great.

Edited by Elric Galad

This is a highly interesting topic, especially regarding the revelation that you could take multiple penetration talents which stack on top of each other. Seems great.

Some questions for a Bleakwalker/Shifter build:

1. Which Wildstrike element would be the best? Other than Fire/Corrode of course. Meaning which element would have the least immunities and/or armor, Shock or Freeze?

2. Why is the cat's claws so good compared to others? Purely because of lowest recovery? Or does it have some other factors?

3. If I'm going for the highest dps Shifter/x build, would a Trickster/Rogue be better, or still Bleakwalker due to all the lashes?

4. The Fury form is 2-handed rather than 1-handed. Is its DPS comparable to a melee-based form other than Cat?

Afaik the Fury was changed from 2-handed to one-handed in a patch, wasn't it?

I'm not sure TBH, I'm away from my pc at the moment so my info is based on the wiki, which is often incorrect TBH.

Anyway, my question still stands.

Just tested ingame: it's two weapons now (dual wielding) like all the other spiritshift weapons.

Base damage is 8-13 shock, base PEN is 8 (can be raised by +1 with Heart of the Storm), attack base speed is 0.5 sec, recovery 4 sec. And it jumps one time.

Range is 10 m + 4m jump.

Jump's damage malus is 20%.

Bear as comparison:

Base damage is 13-19 slash, base PEN is 9, attack base speed is 0.5 sec, recovery 4 sec. No jumps, melee range.

All in all it's comparable I think. Take into account that a ranged character with 10 m range won't lose dps from running around to reach enemies so much.

With Wildstrike and Heart of the Storm I got nice numbers.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods