Hey guys I have made it through most of potd with a duo, one of which was a pally chanter. Gold pact and troubadour he was really hard to kill and actually fun to play.

I’m thinking of running something similar but with a little twist and was hoping to get your thoughts.

I ended up dumping resolve which wasn’t a big deal because I was still able to get defection to a pretty high level, I had seen people say it’s an all or nothing stat which doesn’t seem accurate because even if you are not able to avoid all attacks you can certainly avoid a lot which makes you a lot tougher to kill especially when you are regenerating hp.

The main changes I’m thinking of is two fold. The first being weapons, I ran a melee weapon with a shield. However I’m thinking of perhaps using a blunderbuss for the aoe and combining that with a shield.

So I’ll still get the defence benefits but the bonus of being able to do more aoe damage and due to its short range it should work well in melee.

The second weapon set I was thinking of scoredo trophy with the ranged enchant and a blunderbuss. This would allow me to stack recovery and allow more shots.

I would probably take a third melee set for enemies the above two sets would work on.

The other change would be taking bleakwalker over goldpact, allowing for more damage and spreading sickness everywhere, combining this with shared flames , beacon and summons should cause some fun times.

What do you think?

Finally with the chanter side of things, would you take a different class then troubadour you need the healing stacking surely?

Are there any other chanter abilities that are awesome?

I like blunderbuss plus shield.  Makes you a lot more responsive since you can cancel the reload but not weapon recovery.  You just lose out on some valuable stat sticks - especially as a source of flanked immunity if you aren't using Gipon.

I wouldn't even take Flames of Devotion for a solo or duo run.  Shared Flames is great in a party, but solo you're spending your precious Zeal for a very minor damage add.  You're not bursting anything down, so save it for a Lay on Hands.

I wouldn't take something other than Troubadour, it's clearly the best subclass for Herald and a substantial upgrade over base Chanter.  You're not getting mileage out of Skald and Beckoner gives up a lot to clog the battlefield; stick with Troubadour, Brink Recitation is OP and the full overlap on two chants invaluable.

For solo a Beckoner/Goldpact might be interesting. Use Grave Calling to kill your skeletons quickly and produce a ton of foe-only Chillfogs that way. Also all most effects (including those from items) that give you something when a teammate dies also apply to summons.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

For solo a Beckoner/Goldpact might be interesting. Use Grave Calling to kill your skeletons quickly and produce a ton of foe-only Chillfogs that way. Also all effects (including those from items) that give you something when a teammate dies also apply to summons.

Sadly I think even in those cases a troubadour using brisk recitation and Many Lives would get more mileage out of the combo in a prolonged fight.

• Like 1

"As the murderhobo mantra goes: 'If you can't kill it, steal it.'" - Prince of Lies

On 1/5/2019 at 11:33 AM, protopersona said:

On 1/5/2019 at 8:27 AM, Boeroer said:

For solo a Beckoner/Goldpact might be interesting. Use Grave Calling to kill your skeletons quickly and produce a ton of foe-only Chillfogs that way. Also all effects (including those from items) that give you something when a teammate dies also apply to summons.

Sadly I think even in those cases a troubadour using brisk recitation and Many Lives would get more mileage out of the combo in a prolonged fight.

The point is that Beckoner's skeletons are so squishy that you can kill them a lot faster.

Edit: realized later that the Many Lives skeletons are even more squishy, so... point taken. :) 

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Brand Enemy for PERMANENT damage over time (albeit it takes a long time).

Troubador, UNLESS you're planning to use Grave Caller and kill your own skellies to summon imps.  In which case: Beckoner as Boeroer suggests, so your skellies have less hp and you can manually one or two shot them.  .  

Edited by Marigoldran

• 3 years later...