Who has a favorite part of this game?

I do and it is kind of a silly one and not important to the story at all but it touches me every time. It is the story of the marooned folks that turn to cannibalism to survive. The part that gets me is the narrative about the first mate Elewys in the journal and her locket. The first time I read the journal entry I stopped for several minutes reading it over and over. I always make sure to do that scene and give the journal to the Watcher in case I want to read it again.

I don't know why it affects me like it does, but it still does.

Anyone else have a favorite part of the game?

• Like 1

The scene after Ashen Maw when Eothas holds the Watcher and their party in his hand and the Watcher also reconnects with their soul. It was very evocative and moving.

I also like discovering new things that I previously missed. Like for example the imp in The Hole has a banter with Fassina.

• Like 2

Part as in "moment"? Well there were a few:

- Worthless Idiot being the best fit for Navigator in the game (before Coreto was added via Scalawags pack)

- Nemnok's transformation.

- Some unexpected funny moments like:

spV6iee.png

- The existence of such dialogue options:

5Gjs15F.png

(and similar thing with denying Berath's request in the begining)

- That the things can go grim:

TBiMAvC.png

Edited by MaxQuest
  • Like 4

-Neketaka and a pretty awesome “freelancing” feel of getting into town, grabbing some assignments and heading out to adventure, coming back, getting some cash, spending it, getting new jobs. I wish map were more reactive and system as the farther you get into the game, the emptier and less exciting it becomes, not other way around.

-companion system - hear me out. I am not 100% sure if the attempt at the relationship system really paid of and the openness of the game makes it really tough for coherent character arcs to come through. However, every once in while, companions will critique/praise my character for things that fit and are the result of my role playing or they will have a very cool interjection during a conversation with NPC and are recognised by said NPC and when it happens it is really really cool. If PoE3 does happen I hope they will aim to polish, expand and improve the system.

-multitude of ways to resolve some of the quests, varied and meaningful conversation options.

• Like 6

-companion system - hear me out. I am not 100% sure if the attempt at the relationship system really paid of and the openness of the game makes it really tough for coherent character arcs to come through. However, every once in while, companions will critique/praise my character for things that fit and are the result of my role playing or they will have a very cool interjection during a conversation with NPC and are recognised by said NPC and when it happens it is really really cool. If PoE3 does happen I hope they will aim to polish, expand and improve the system.

im glad it sometimes pays off, but it looks like so much work for the designers, esp getting a fair spread of disapproval and approval ticks over believable length of play.

if the team thinks they can go forward with it, good luck to them, but i wouldnt blame anyone for scaling that one back.

im fine with character arcs being what they are considering openness of game and spread of loyalties. i dont really need everyone to be drawn into protagonists inner circle and invariably achieve self-actualisation courtesy of dramatic epiphany.

the main character in many rpgs would be most renowned therapist in history if they were real. something to aspire to i guess.

anyhoo, favourite aspect of game. prob the whole setting and exploration thing. like one of my favourite games as a kid was side meiers colonization. i even used to write little short stories based on it. there were times deadfire brought back good memories as i was ambling around.

also neketakas great. kudos to the designers and artists for that. one for the ages i feel.

• Like 1

I AM A RENISANCE MAN

Mine favorite is the tavern in Port Maje. The bartender greets you with a drink, tells the story about the proudest moment in his life... and when I stole the kraken eye I felt so bad about that! Never touched the thing in next playthroughs. =)

• Like 3

Hey, you wanna hear a good joke?

Nobody speak, nobody get choked

The objectively best part has to be fort deadlight. That is the peak rpg experience in terms of approaches, choices, reactivity, freedom.

My favorite is the bridge in BoW. Very ambitious to decide to present such an iconic moment of the lore and it was well executed. Reassured me that there was talent left at Obsidian

• Like 5

The Bridge Ablaze is cool. I didn't like it gameplay-wise but it's maybe my favorite bit of story/lore exploration in the game. Even though the background you get on Waidwen is, well... pretty short all in all, it does wonders to put that character into context. I really enjoyed the writing there.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Watcher: "Kaali, don't do anything foolish now."

Zealots: "Nemnok! Nemnok!"

Watcher: … "Nemnok! Nemnok!"

As for quests, the Burning Bridge is a standout. It's actually somewhat tedious from a level-design perspective, but the art and atmosphere are some of the best I've seen in this type of game.

Fort Deadlight and Arkemyr's Mansion, because stealth was a viable approach;

The Archives (The Forgotten Sanctum) and The Bridge Ablaze (The Beast of Winter), because of the lore and new information on the Saint's War;

Neketaka;

Companions;

Slaughtering all librarians and the Oracle in the Forgotten Sanctum after visiting the Collections. Though, it's not a favorite moment, I'm glad that it was possible to do.