Question about godlike and helmet slot.

Well then, that's rather disappointing. I will try to look at the gamedata files and maybe scripts. Btw there is a workaround, you have to change your race to anything other than a godlike, equip the helmet and change back. It retains the bonuses but when you go to the inventory, the bonuses will be lost, even though you will still see the helmet.

Look here ;).

You can also change the race of the character (via cheat). As you can see in the code, it only checks for godlike and locks the slot for them. Any other race is save.

I  tried that but I get this when I try to compile, I'm probably doing something wrong since I can't into programming

Care to make a step by step guide or upload the file with helms for godlikes enabled?

https://imgur.com/a/Q2W8bSx

Look here ;).

You can also change the race of the character (via cheat). As you can see in the code, it only checks for godlike and locks the slot for them. Any other race is save.

I  tried that but I get this when I try to compile, I'm probably doing something wrong since I can't into programming

Care to make a step by step guide or upload the file with helms for godlikes enabled?

In the guide it is stated that you have to comment that if block, and then remove/comment two additional lines, Those are your errors, if you click on them (red error mesages) you will be taken to proper places and then you can comment those lines out. After that compile works perfectly and enjoy helmets for Tekehu and Palegina!

In the guide it is stated that you have to comment that if block, and then remove/comment two additional lines, Those are your errors, if you click on them (red error mesages) you will be taken to proper places and then you can comment those lines out. After that compile works perfectly and enjoy helmets for Tekehu and Palegina!

Precisely. One have to remove or comment the DebuggerBrowsable lines. They are not necessary for the game and probably are leftovers from code testing in unity.

Precisely. One have to remove or comment the DebuggerBrowsable lines. They are not necessary for the game and probably are leftovers from code testing in unity.

do you know if pets lock is done the same way?

I would not change that since it might cause unforeseen conflicts with the pets effects (at best not working, at worst game breaking).

You mean like effects from two or more pets creating collisions unforseen by developers? I would assume it should be safe since there is Berath's Blessign allowing Eder to have a pet as well.

Look here ;).

Ok, second try,

I'm removing all the text in these 4 lines:

if (slot == EquipmentSlot.Head)

{

return !component || component.CharacterRace != Race.Godlike;

}

Removing all the  text in 389 and 395

And replacing "appearancePiece" to "Game.GameData.AppearancePiece"

I still can't compile

I've also tried to compile just after clicking "Edit class" and I still get errors. I'm using "Unity console for POE2" from the nexus, not sure if it matters

All 3 edits + error: https://imgur.com/a/wpqvxVd

Trying to compile with no changes: https://imgur.com/a/ASMwnay

I would not change that since it might cause unforeseen conflicts with the pets effects (at best not working, at worst game breaking).

You mean like effects from two or more pets creating collisions unforseen by developers? I would assume it should be safe since there is Berath's Blessign allowing Eder to have a pet as well.
btw that Berath Blessing just gives Eder the statuseffect "unlockpetslot". You can give that statuseffect to any character via abilities or items

In the end all of these slots are just item slots and pets are items as well. But pets are special since they have code that handles their AI, combat behavior, effects and what not. Unless thoroughly tested I stick to being very cautious with this. And just because one other companion can have them does not mean it works with more. It might not even work with Eder as intended. Berath's Blessing haven't been always fail proof (e.g. bonus skills ;)).

@Ragniz

Your "compile with no changes" looks like mine with one exception, line 1978. I don't have that. If I understand this line and "Unity console for POE2" right, this and other compile problems might be the result from an edited assembly-csharp by "Unity console for POE2".

My suggestion is to reinstall the game so that you have the original assembly-csharp, then do the changes from my tutorial and then install Unity console for POE2.

My changes are not as "hacky" as the python code from unity console. Unity console might handle my changes better then the other way round.

In the end all of these slots are just item slots and pets are items as well. But pets are special since they have code that handles their AI, combat behavior, effects and what not. Unless thoroughly tested I stick to being very cautious with this. And just because one other companion can have them does not mean it works with more. It might not even work with Eder as intended. Berath's Blessing haven't been always fail proof (e.g. bonus skills ;)).

@Ragniz

Your "compile with no changes" looks like mine with one exception, line 1978. I don't have that. If I understand this line and "Unity console for POE2" right, this and other compile problems might be the result from an edited assembly-csharp by "Unity console for POE2".

My suggestion is to reinstall the game so that you have the original assembly-csharp, then do the changes from my tutorial and then install Unity console for POE2.

My changes are not as "hacky" as the python code from unity console. Unity console might handle my changes better then the other way round.

Whelp, maybe I'll give it a try this weekend then

Thanks for the help

• 2 weeks later...