Llengrath's Safeguard gives no bonuses

vlplbl

Question

Hi,

This spell is not working sometimes. I tried to respec and it started working again. Then it stopped working again after casting it outside of combat. You can find attached the output log and the system specs but the save file is over 5 MB archived.

A screenshot:

https://imgur.com/a/HiS2MDh

I hope you can fix this as it's one of the most important spells for the solo wizard

Thanks and Happy New Year.

output_log.txt

DxDiag.txt

4 answers to this question

I think the issue is very complex. I have stacked many per rest bonuses without resting for hours. Now after I tried to rest nothing changes. All bonuses are there and probably they break the spell. Arcane veil is also not working.

Salutations Vlplbl

Thank you for reporting this issue and for the files. It would greatly help to have the save file, you can either zip it and save it onto dropbox or send it to our support email at support@obsidian.net

Salutations again Vlplbl, 

We are in the middle of investigating this issue and are trying to reproduce it as you have described. It would be most excellent if you were to send over the save file with either dropbox, google drive, or sending it to our support email. Hope you are having a lovely day.

EDIT: As an additional question, are you certain the Llengrath's Safeguard effect is fully active? When you cast Llengrath's Safeguard it needs to be triggered by becoming Bloodied to activate the full effect, as is described in the spell. Arcane Veil as well would not show up in the defense stats unless you hold Shift as it is a conditional +50 against non-Veil Piercing attacks. 

Hey Obsidian QA guys

First, thanks for doing a great job and making a great game. Hope it continues to have legs over time because it's one of the best (if not THE best) crpgs available

Second, I came here because I was noticing the ability not working too - till I did what you said and noticed it only proc's when getting bloodied

So 'cannot recreate' from me and thanks for pointing out that tidbit b/c I was frustrated