am i the only one who gets goosebumps whenever eder says this. Even if there were no other reason, id keep him just to hear that battle cry.

It is a simple statement of intention, but surprisingly profound one. And benevolent as well which is as rare as kith-loving gods amongst the Eoran pantheon. I also like it very much. 

• Like 1

He hasn't said that during either of my playthroughs, at least not that I've noticed. I wonder if that bark is tied to his quest resolution in PoE...are you playing with Eothas-worshipping Eder or spiritually disillusioned Eder?

Might be the reason. My Eder is Night Market and Eothas worshipper. Said at start of combat IIRC

Nerf Troubadour!

am i the only one who gets goosebumps whenever eder says this. Even if there were no other reason, id keep him just to hear that battle cry.

It is a simple statement of intention, but surprisingly profound one. And benevolent as well which is as rare as kith-loving gods amongst the Eoran pantheon. I also like it very much.

Ye im glad someone else approves.

Im sure there are echoes of the sentiment elsewhere but, for me, the quote recalls john 1:6, which ended up on joshua grahams pistol in new vegas - and inside of my right wrist incidentally.

Eders uneasy relationship with eothas feels quite familiar to this godless, childless catholic, as does his preoccupation with a family life not pursued.

I also went for the night market ending in poe1. Seems likely the battle cry contingent on such.

I AM A RENISANCE MAN

Sorry, can i ask what "night market" is?

I've played the first game in italian.

If you nudge Eder not to lose his faith in POE1 he will start Deadfire with this amulet.

https://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Night_Market_Amulet

He will also tell you in the first conversation how he got involved with a secret group of Eothas worshippers called the Night Market.

Nerf Troubadour!

I had to have it strange because in my first playthrough he was with the Night Market AND was somewhat disillusioned with religion and Eothas.

EDIT: Also, he disliked Xoti.

Well, he is disillusioned with Eothas and the pantheon, but still wants to believe.

Xoti is annoying - as he says - because she reminds him of a younger, more naive, version of himself.

I love Edér. He is my bro. And quite sensible. But I never heard his orlan speciest talk, so I might be cutting him too much slack.

Edited by Frak

Nerf Troubadour!