Im having a hard time deciding on the optimal stats for a blood mage. Normally a wizard would want high might and low con but high might on the blood mage is higher self damage and low con is less health for blood sacrifices. Just trying to figure out how to maximize my damage without killing myself from blood sacrifice.

I'm thinking something like:

12 might

10 con

18 dex

18 per

16 int

4 res

Pull of Eora, Chill fog, Llengath's Safeguard (for survivability) and fireballs or Tentacles if you're backline.  

Pull of Eora the enemies into a clump.  Dump a chill fog onto them.  And then drop fireballs on them.  Use tentacles if your allies are in the way.  Give your tank Revku's scorched cloak (fire damage heals him). Consider carrying Magran's Favor and Sun and Moon for +4 PL to fire spells. With firethrower glvoes, that's +6 PL to your fireballs and meteor storms.

Max Int for longer Pull of Eora duration.  Keep might at 10.  

If you're willing to multiclass, consider a monk for Iron and Turning Wheel, which provide +10 int or +10 con respectively, both of which are useful for a bloodmage.  You won't be able to spam meteor storm, but delayed fireballs are still pretty good and you're tankier and have more health, too.  

The other option is to go all martial (multiclass and use the various wizard spells to buff yourself- Llengath's Safeguard, Citzal's various powers.  Again, a monk would work best as Iron Wheel provides +10 Con and +3 armor in combination with Llengath's which provides another +5 armor for a whopping total of +8 armor.  Spend your wounds on tenacious blows, Dichotomous Soul, and Raised Torment, providing summons and +5 Might and +2 Pen.  

You'll need a herald nearby to heal you, though.  

Edited by Marigoldran