Best Streetfighter multi with Blunderbuss for glass cannon build?

@MaxQuest:

Actually regarding Wounding Shot, I have just read from another thread by Boroer that it has been working that way since the very beginning. Apparently it is a "bad DOT", in which more Int actually reduce the speed of the damage applied. This also seems similar to how Tidefall great sword behave in POE1.

@everyone:

I've finally settled on a Bleakwalker/Streetfighter build. Other than the lashes, the defensive capability of a Bleakwalker is actually quite good, even with RP-ing a terrible paladin. Plus pretty much everything work with non-melee stuff.

The 2nd choice would be Helwalker, however it just took too long to get the Stunning Surge engine running, while FOD can be spammed from level 1. Plus there are many enemies which are immune to stun anyway, and the Stunning Surge doesn't really has any good modifiers to the skill like accuracy etc.

The 3rd choice would be Berserker, however there are too many talents that are melee only, especially the hit to crit conversion from Berserker itself, and the raw damage to self is actually pretty deadly with high MIG and low CON.

I haven't really tested the Caster multiclasses much yet, so if anyone has more input on them or even martial classes, they are very much welcome.

Thanks for the great discussion everyone.

direct "defense adjustments" (shining beacon, extra effect from reny daret invocation upgrade) get suppressed by direct reflex adjustments.

Is that true? If so, I’ll have to update my post on stacking rules. When I tested them, those debuffs stacked with -deflection debuffs. I don’t think I tested reflex specifically. Of course, it’s very possible that things have changed.

direct "defense adjustments" (shining beacon, extra effect from reny daret invocation upgrade) get suppressed by direct reflex adjustments.

Is that true? If so, I’ll have to update my post on stacking rules. When I tested them, those debuffs stacked with -deflection debuffs. I don’t think I tested reflex specifically. Of course, it’s very possible that things have changed.

are we talking about the same thing?

i'm saying that if you have a debuff that adds -15 penalty to all defenses, and a -20 deflection penalty (somehow), you'll end up with a character with -20 deflection and -15 everything else (not that the entire defense penalty gets suppressed by the deflection penalty, just the specific stat).

i haven't tested it thoroughly, but this is how buffs work (e.g. circle of protection plus some specific defense buff) and the narrow amount of debuffs i looked at at in passing in combat log also seemed to work like this.

Edited by thelee

are we talking about the same thing?

i'm saying that if you have a debuff that adds -15 penalty to all defenses, and a -20 deflection penalty (somehow), you'll end up with a character with -20 deflection and -15 everything else (not that the entire defense penalty gets suppressed by the deflection penalty, just the specific stat).

i haven't tested it thoroughly, but this is how buffs work (e.g. circle of protection plus some specific defense buff) and the narrow amount of debuffs i looked at at in passing in combat log also seemed to work like this.

There is screenshot evidence recently posted in this forum that general defense buffs stack with specific deflection buffs. Check the megabosses thread. Someone made an invincible arcane knight that stacks +20 deflection from llengrath’s safeguard with +50 deflection from arcane veil. When I tested, these buffs all stacked (as in the deflection from borrowed instinct stacked with the deflection from mirror image). Debuffs also stacked. I’m fairly sure I only tested barbs of condemnation with divine mark, which stacked for -35 deflection. I did the testing some time ago, though, so I’m not totally confident in my memory, and things may have changed since then.

• Like 1

Yes, also Vigorous Defense (+20 to all) stacks with Mirrored Image (+30 to deflection). Vigorous Defense does not stack with Llengrath Saveguard (both +20 to all).

hmmmmm!

is this a general rule for all "+all defense" bonuses? they are treated as a separate "stacking category?" If so, I need to re-evaluate some spells/skills for my current party... (I'm thinking of Circle of Protection which I've previously discounted due to being easy to get more than +15 bonus elsewhere)