Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Extreme Drop In Performance (Out of Ideas)

Performance

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Mahoner

Mahoner

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Deadfire Backer

Well, unfortunately the game still runs terribly when I start a new game. After a clean install with no PoE settings left behind, I used your save file after another install and started a new game and I was still dropping 20 plus frames on the starter beach ever 3-5 seconds.

I am curious if you are importing a save file or not in your new games? I do every single time and I am wondering if that has anything to do with this already terribly coded game running into more issues then it is worth.

I believe there is no fix for my issue without dev intervention and am going to try and seek a refund on Fig due to this issue going unresolved for a year.

Thanks for trying to help Nehm hopefully one day fellow watchers get to play this game with zero issues.

Nehm

Nehm

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

I am curious if you are importing a save file or not in your new games?

Nope, I've always used the custom save state creator thing in the options menu.  Sorry my solution didn't work for you.

Edited by Nehm, 15 April 2019 - 08:45 AM.

rockfish42

rockfish42

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Found on reddit as a possible issue:

"Check your Nvidia control panel and see if your Physx configuration is set to the graphics card, CPU, or Auto. Set it to the GPU if it's anything other than that and see if you notice a difference."

• Nehm likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Performance

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users