Is a KotOR 3 logically possible?

Do you think it is or isn't and why?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think it is or isn't and why?

• Yes
    • No
    • There WILL BE a KotOR3. *Brandishes whip at cowering devs*
    • I don't beleive in logic.
    • What's the point of this topic? KotOR 2 has even come out.

I think it isn't and here's some reason's why:

1. They'll have a difficult time creating new force powers, feats, classes, and skills for the game since they've already made so many for KotOR 2.

2. It's probably going to be hard making new sidequests since they've already (supposedly) created and implemented so many from the beggining of KotOR, to the end of KotOR 2.

3. Not necesarrily a good reason, but they might have to take a good amount of time making a new graphics engine; without it, a KotOR 3 probably won't have good sales.

;) But these are just my opinoins/speculations so I hope I'm not shattering anyones dreams. :blink: So state which choice and why. Please. :lol:

Mace, anyone from earth should know there's no way

somebody wont cash in on a franchise as wildly popular as

the KOTOR series has proven itself to be.

Even when all the possible angles for this game have been beaten

to a pulp, stretched and mishapen, spit on, left out to dry, doused

in kerosene, burnt beyond recognition, tossed out of a third story balcony,

and flattened by a thanksgiving parade and rush hour traffic, there will

still be a desperate developer who will reach into the ashes and

pull out a sequel.

"Alein Vs. Predator" is proof of that. :unsure:

As is the Final Fantasy Series. :o <- ( A scandalous suggestion I know... ;) )

And Reality TV. B)

pull out a sequel.

"Alein Vs. Predator" is proof of that.  ;)

As is the Final Fantasy Series.  :o

And Reality TV.  B)

:unsure: So, you picked yes, I presume. <_<

pull out a sequel.

"Alein Vs. Predator" is proof of that.  ;)

As is the Final Fantasy Series.  ;)  <- ( A scandalous suggestion I know... ;) )

And Reality TV.  B)

KotOR as a milking cow for Lucasarts? Quite Possible. The Final Fantasy-series are getting away with it with some integrity since they have new worlds and characters for each game though (except for FFX and FFX-2).

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

The Splinter Cell devs started work on Splinter Cell 3 the same time they started work on Splinter Cell: Pandora Tommorow. Just that SC3 is still in developement.

It doesn't matter if KOTOR 2 hasn't came out. Considering how good KOTOR 1 was, KOTOR 3 will profit greatly and will please lots of fans as long as all the stuff that made KOTOR 1 great is included in the later version, plus a fair amount of innovative new stuff added.

I think it's logically possible. Obviously it can't be speculated on exactly what would be included in a KOTOR 3 until KOTOR 2 is released so we have a better idea of what has been included and what hasn't. But at the same time, the Star Wars universe has limitless possibilities and as long as someone with a good knowledge of storytelling makes the game, then I don't see why not.

I think we sometimes mistake the KOTOR saga for the "Revan saga" because thus far, Revan has had a huge part in the series (starring role in KOTOR 1, and his fate known in KOTOR 2). But the series can go on even without carrying on the Revan saga.

edit: and I strongly believe that if LucasArts wants to, the KOTOR franchise can be the SW equivalent of the Final Fantasy saga that just keeps on going.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Due to its setting, KoTOR is definitely franchisable. Game makers have more freedom to construct a storyline within this era than any of the current SW eras in use.

As far as Bio coming back to the franchise --I don't see that happening. They've already established themselves as a brand name and so would have more leeway with publishers, greater project selection, and would be far too busy with their own IPs (and larger royalty share).

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Of course it's possible. You're really underestimating the game developers if you think that they won't be able to think of any new powers or side quests. In 1909 a guy resigned from the patent office because "Everything has already been invented."

You're also underestimating the power of a successful franchise.

The KOTOR engine is great, and wouldn't need a huge facelift by the time a KOTOR 3 comes out. The graphics will improve in each game no matter what, even if they don't change the engine.

I would like to see a KNIGHTS OF THE NEW REPUBLIC, that would have new possiblities for plot, characters etc

Feargus actaully stated in an interview that he would like to do a KotNR aswell. Maybe your dreams will come true someday.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I would like to see a KNIGHTS OF THE NEW REPUBLIC, that would have new possiblities for plot, characters etc

Feargus actaully stated in an interview that he would like to do a KotNR aswell. Maybe your dreams will come true someday.

I would rather have a 'knights of the new republic', than a 'knights of the old republic 3'. If they do make a third game then setting it post-ROTJ would be better.

What would they call it?

Star Wars:Knights of the old republic 3:knights of the new republic?

A bit confusing and contradictory. :lol:

I believe that it is semi-logical. It may have to be completely redone, and not very. . .original. . .but it has tremendous potential money making. Now, I too would prefer to see a KotNR, but hundreds of years after Star Wars.

This is just my two cents, and some isn't very logical but

"Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it."

Star Trek XI: The Undiscovered Country